“Great little seafood place on Lake Hamilton.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 224 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Missouri
“Great little seafood place on Lake Hamilton.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I would give this place 5 stars but for a couple of things. First, it's not a 5 star restaurant and does not pretend to be. Number 2, it is not quite worthy of the honor. The place sits right on the lake just east of the Hwy 7 bridge. The parking lot may make you wonder where the restaurant is, but when you walk down the steps to the entrance, it's pretty plain to see this is a nice little gem.
We entered and were seated promptly. Good thing, because I had to go back to the car a few minutes later and there were several waiting to be seated. There was plenty of room out on the covered dock, but it was a little chilly so I'm thinking they did not want to sit outside. The inside of the place was pretty packed.
There was some confusion on our wait staff. A young lady took our drink orders, the a young man came by a few minutes later and offered his services. They seemed to the this straightened out quickly, and I don't know the arrangement, but as long as they serve me well, I don't care.
The food was well above average. Catfish was done but not overcooked like many places. Nice yellow tint to the coating, not the brown you sometimes see. I had the crab as well which was a good portion and properly cooked and seasoned. We had a shrimp appetizer that was certainly good as well. Oh, and the oysters... We ordered a dozen and I was well pleased with our offering. They were not huge, but they were good, fresh, and big enough.
The beer was cold and the service was good.
Sitting on the deck was nice and you could stand by the edge and feed the ducks and geese who were gathered around for a free handout. They have a few "gumball machines" with fish/duck food or you can just sneak a few saltines over and feed them.
Overall, I would highly recommend trying this place if you are in HS and want some good seafood or catfish.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“*Come Hungry*”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was our third visit and we were not disappointed. Food is fresh, my wife had oysters on the half shell as an appetizer and I had peel and eat shrimp. My catfish and my wife's gumbo was excellent. another recent review said there were no hush puppies on the menu that is strange because I had wonderful hush puppies with my meal. We ate inside due to the cold weather and that was fine it was our first time to eat inside. If you can go when the weather is warm so you can eat on the outside covered deck which is out over the lake. it is a very casual and relaxed atmosphere. It is not unusual to have to wait for a table they are usually busy but the service is good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Meridian, Mississippi
“A True Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My daughter and I had the pleasure of eating at this restaurant while on vacation in Hot Springs. Fisherman's Wharf has the freshest and most delicious seafood that I have ever eaten. Although there were several restaurants near our hotel, we chose to eat at this one every single day for lunch or dinner. We will definitely eat here again!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas
“Don't bother.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Other than having a view of the lake, there is nothing memorable about the food here. I would say it's somewhere between Long John Silvers and Red Lobster. Waitress brought hubby a Corona with no lime. My popcorn shrimp contained the veins. And no baked potatoes or hush puppies on the menu. Maybe come for a beer and the view but skip the food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Avinger, Texas
“Very disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I couldn't decide whether to rate this place average or poor, I decided on average. On one hand, most of the food our group of four had was good, not great, but good, and then on the other hand, the place was dirty. The whole place looked like a tornado hit it. Food was all over the carpet, you had to watch were you walked and the bathroom looked like a tornado hit it. Our group read the online reports before we went and they varied between poor, average and excellent. We almost didn't go. I will not go back. I understand it was Saturday night during racing season and they were busy, but the way they let it get gave me the feeling management just didn't care. Our waiter acted like he didn't care if you had a good experience or not either. He was just there to push the food out.

Visited March 2014