“Crappy hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Hot Springs
Jacksonville, Arkansas
“Crappy hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

At check in they told me that there would be a $200 deposit, because I was from central Arkansas. That would get it back in the morning when I checked out after they inspected the room. They said it was to verify that I wasn't a drug user. So if that doesn't tell you what they think of their guests, I don't know what to tell you. Their continental breakfast consists of stale Cereal and stale muffins.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
West Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is one of the best hotel stays I have ever had. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They make you feel right at home. The manager, Robert is his name I believe, was very attentive and helpful throughout our stay. He was very knowledgeable about local attractions and gave us thorough directions as well as getting us extra towels almost immediately after we asked for them. You could tell they have done quite a bit of work to the property and the effort really show!!! While the breakfast offerings are a little slim they do plan to add more items once they upgrade their breakfast area, I found from a conversation with one of the staff members. I don't understand why others complained as I travel often and this is by far the best budget hotel I have ever been in. I have even stayed in 5 star hôtels that did not provide this level of service. People like Robert and his staff are rare and you will be pleasantly surprised with your stay. I never even write reviews because I don't feel the need to badmouth others but I was inspired by the level of service recieved here and I highly recommend you stay here if you ever visit Hot Springs!

Room Tip: Friendliest staff
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was the worst "hotel" I've ever seen. The room was dark and dreary with minimal lighting. The door would not close completely unless locked. The doors had a mechanic keycard unit, but they are not in use. Instead we were given an old fashion key--who knows how many copies there of it out there. The "free breakfast" consisted of horribly stale Honey Nut Cheerios, white bread, room temp milk and room temp coffee. The TV was horribly outdated. There was no Kleenex in the room. We booked a room for 3 nights but got right out of there after 1. When we called about a cell charger that we left behind no one claimed to have seen it. It just magically disappeared.

The price point is nice, but the quality and service was not. Run away and stay elsewhere.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No enough breakfast - even wheat bread
No fruit
Room was not clean
House Keeper was the one of the worst
Not consistency in room standard
Even door lock was not working

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015 via mobile

this is the most poor quality days inn I have ever witnessed. my boyfriend and I only stayed here because all of the other hotels were booked, and we were told they had a non smoking room. when we arrived, it was a smoking room and they apparently didn't have change for $100 bills (we carried cash) which was strange, seeing as though it was derby weekend and they had a lot of business. anyway, we payed $114.00 for a room with one bed and opened the door to a room with a horrible odor (of course it was smoking) and one working lamp. they have us one IMy bottle of shampoo and conditioner, and two towels. anyway, Robert (the front desk gentleman) was very creepy and disconcerting. when we checked out he told us it would be 15 minutes for a receipt because we "caught him in the middle of paperwork". we checked out, and won't go back. it's not worth $50, much less $114. sketchy place. go somewhere else or have zero expectations. !!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2015

This motel was recently converted to a Day's Inn. The King size bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are very meager (bread, jelly, oatmeal, muffins, honey covered cheerios, milk, orange juice & coffee). However, plans are to add fruit and other healthy items when they renovate the breakfast area.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Hot Springs? Share your experiences!