“overall not bad for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Hot Springs

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - Hot Springs to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Hot Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2208 Central Ave., Hot Springs, AR 71901 (Formerly Royale Vista)   |
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Hot Springs
Chicago, Illinois
“overall not bad for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

the motel is located on the main street in hot springs- not a bad area. there is a computer and microwave in the lobby for guest use. the breakfast was decent- cold cereal, microwave oatmeal, toast and pastry, in-room coffee. good cable tv- 50 channels.
the room was generally clean but furniture was very outdated. lighting is rather dim. the walls are extremely thin- i could hear the people's conversation next door. there was also traffic noise from the street but i used the fan at night as white noise and it was effective. desk clerks were nice and friendly.
had to ask daily for shampoo. room was cleaned daily. overall i would stay here again due to getting a discounted rate by being a abv member.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Americasbest, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Hot Springs, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Recent Guest:

Thank you for your review of Americas Best Value Inn

We are so pleased you took the time to write a review. We value our guests input and we can't wait for you to stay with us again!

Best regards,

Tim Khan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
West Memphis, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I was bringing my daughter back to Hot Springs and decided I needed to stay the night because I wasn't feeling well. I called to ask about rates and spoke with a wonderful young man by the name of Jon. He was very helpful. I told him that I was on my way and when I arrived he had actually set the room aside for me! He explained everything in full detail and got me situated quickly because he knew that I was sick. I just wanted somewhere to lay down that was clean and safe. That is just what i recieved. The room was very clean and nice. I slept like a baby and woke up feeling better. They had a nice breakfast too. I enjoyed my stay and the staff!!!

Tamara H.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Recent Guest

Thank you for your nice review.

We appreciate your kind comments, and appreciate all of our guests reviews.

We hope you will be able to return to Hot Springs Americas Best Value Inn in the near future. We will be looking forward to it!

Thanks
Tim Khan
Texarkana, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My fiance and I decided to stay here for our honeymoon to save a few extra bucks. We arrive at the hotel around normal check-in time and get everything situated and ready to go. We then head in to the room, and that's when everything goes downhill very quickly. As soon as we entered the door there was a strong B.O. about the room, the floors and walls are disgusting, and the bathroom was something that you might only normally find in a greasy truck stop from some horror film. I decided to check the sheets for any surprises, it blew my mind to find they were fairly clean. My fiance started to get sick just from being in the hotel room so we decided that we should just try to get our money back and go to a different hotel.
The front desk clerk sends in a maid to check the room that we were in for a maximum of 15 minutes, and the maid says that the covers on the bed were a little off centered. So for that small inconvenience to the maid, who clearly does not do her job at all to begin with, we are no longer eligible for a refund of any amount. Mind you we paid for 2 DAYS!!! After the clerk starts to get an attitude with us for asking questions we decide to just be the better people and leave without causing a scene.
The room was awful, the people were awful, and the environment was awful. I have seen classier hotels in large scale inner cites than this dump.
I will not return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Just an average place with no frills. I would not stay here for more than one night.
The area seems a little seedy so it wasn't a good place to walk around at night. Breakfast was nothing special. There was a lot if construction going on. You can find better places and value here.

• Stayed July 2012
Madison, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I only stayed not even 30 minutes at this place. It smelt like an old ladies house minus the mothballs. The room was dark even with all the lights on. When I shut the door to the outside there was about an inch or two inches of light shining through. Also, the room was way out dated. The bathroom was small and I felt like I was back in high school with the sink and toilet. The beds looked like the fold up beds that normal hotel rooms would give you when you needed another bed. The covers drug the floor about two to three inches all the way around. There was hair on the covers also. You can hear everything that is going on outside. I would not pay $1 to stay there. I FELT EXTREMELY UNSAFE. THIS PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Where do I even begin? This hotel was absolutely horrible. First of all, we paid $120.00 for one night for a suite. Not a horrible price. Well, we get to the hotel and the air conditioning is out. It is over 100 degrees outside and our room was hotter than it was outside. We thought that maybe we just needed to wait for the room to cool off...nope, it just didn't work. We call to the front desk to notify and they tell us they can not do anything about it. We were sitting in our room SWEATING! Then, we call and ask for a box fan, and they say they won't send us one of those either. Finally we decide to ask for our money back and they say no refunds. We asked if they would just charge the card we reserved it on and let us have the cash back we paid with once we arrived. They wouldn't do that either. I honestly have never stayed at such a horrible hotel. There was NO customer service at ALL! We finally just checked out that same night because it was THAT bad. Please save yourselves the hassel and book somewhere else!

Room Tip: There are other hotels on the same street! Any other hotel would be better than this one!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My first review vanished, so I'll try again. We booked two days on line, then upon our arrival, the manager realised my wife was disabled and moved us, without being asked, to a ground floor room. He treated us more like family than guests. Nothing was to much trouble. The breakfast was not a bad choice, and we spent each night watching a bird of prey sitting on a fence across the car park. We booked another two days, rather than search for another place in the Black Hills.The room was cleaned each day, and we could have done a white glove test on ours. Look forward to using it again.

Room Tip: Had to be the quietest A/C in any hotel on our seven week trip. It was built into the ceiling.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Hot Springs? Share your experiences!