“Will be a repeat customer” 5 of 5 stars

HOT SPRINGS PACKAGE
Ranked #4 of 38 hotels in Hot Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Branson MO
“Will be a repeat customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed over Christmas. The hotel was very quiet, and low key. Just what we were looking for. The suite was clean and very well appointed. Our first trip to Hot Springs, AR & will return in summer.
The staff was extraordinary! Going our of their way to offer suggestions to our requests for a church on Christmas eve, and directions to the area shopping.
Can't wait to return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your Christmas Holiday at our hotel. We are also very pleased that you plan to be a repeat guest! Thank you so much for staying with us and also for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor. We look forward to being of service to in the future and hope it is soon!

Kurt Schatzl, General Manager

546 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Shreveport, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

We had a very pleasant stay at the Embassy suites. Our suite was spacious and clean with the appropriate amenities. We needed more towels that were promptly delivered to us upon calling for them. We did use the indoor pool and our kids enjoyed it a lot. The breakfast was of very good quality (in spite of being free)... definitely a nice perk. The hotel decor itself was very nice. The front staff was very courteous and helpful in making suggestions for dining, etc.
A few minor issues that made me bring down the rating by from 5 to 4 were: the safe in our suite was not working right (so I guess they didn't check it when the room was cleaned), and access to the hotel is a bit weird (Laurel St becomes one way just before the hotel entrance; although that's not a big deal once you figure out how to get into the parking lot from the rear). The mattress on the sofabed is not great (but it generally is not great anywhere, so...). So overall, these were very minor issues and we would definitely stay here again when we visit Hot Springs again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for being our guest and for the review. We appreciate you comments and we will be sure to check all the details like the complimentary in room safe more thoroughly in the future. We are very pleased that you had an overall 'great stay'.

Kurt Schatzl, General Manager
OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011 via mobile

Our favorite place to stay in Hot Springs! Nice large suite, relaxing pool/spa area & a variety of choices @ breakfast. Close to downtown with well lit parking & offers a shuttle van to downtown & back.

• Stayed November 2011
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your continued patronage and for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor. Our genuine two room suites, full cooked to order breakfast, evening rececption and our free local shuttle servcie make a compelling value proposition. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Jacksonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel is everything you'd expect from an Embassy Suites. Clean rooms, friendly staff, nice lobby, and the free breakfast ROCKS! Parking is a problem, there doesn't seem to be enough parking for guest. I had to park behind the hotel and I saw no security. As I was walking towards the entrance I saw a car backing out, so I ran back to my car and burnt rubber out of my space in the back to get the space up front. YES it is that serious! On another note, I do not recommend eating at the hotel's restuarant. It is expensive and the food is mediocre. I think Wendy's has a better baked potato than they do. Also, my salmon was barely warm. I was not impressed.

Room Tip: The rooms here have a door to the bedroom that locks. It is perfect for traveling with children bec...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your business and glad you agree with so many tha indicate that our hotel is a great place to stay. I appreciate your comments about your dining experience and have shared them with our Chef and we will strive to do better! While our parking is limited there are hundreds of free parking spaces around us and we do offer valet parking for just $10 per day. Additionally we offer a complimentary local shuttle service.

Thank you again.

Kurt Schatzl,
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Visited for one night and room was clean and relatively comfortable. Overall service was okay but bartender overwhelmed with a few college football customers. The breakfast is same as always- buffet with same food they have had for last 15 yrs. Plastic plants everywhere. Overall, okay stay but left with feeling that I would not be back soon. Not inexpensive for the locale, plus tired decor and no energy in the place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review. We are glad that you were pleased with our service. This year our hotel and the whole Embassy Suites brand were updated with new flat screen TV's and new bedding in all of our suites. More updates are on the way in 2012 including an updated breakfast offering for all 200+ Embassy Suite Hotels by year end. I think you will be well pleased with the updates. We believe we will be able to maintain our status as the JD Power and Associates number one hotel brand in the Upper Upscale category.

Thank you again.

Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Check-in with Billy was unfriendly. Room was ok. We had requested a corner room and didn't get it, but you can't always get what you want. It was Thanksgiving and it seemed a lot of the employees just didn't want to be there. The room was in good condition and clean. The restaurant was only serving the expensive Thanksgiving meal, (there were no customers) and the only way to order off the menu was for room service. We ordered at the bar and sat in the atrium. The potato skins were good, the hot wings were cold on the inside and too spicy to eat. I went to our room and ordered a sandwich, and was offered a choice of sides and chose fries and a baked potato. I told him I would be sitting in the atrium by the fountain, but would meet them back at the room if necessary. He said it would be 30 minutes. In the mean time, the bartender offered to pick it up for us, and did, but there was no baked potato. She went back and was told they hadn't baked any potatoes, so my cousin said she would just take another order of the potato skins. It was now 9PM, and apparently they were closing an hour early. (The menu said 10) and the cook refused to make the potatoes and caused quite a scene. The bartender was shocked, as were we. She raised cane, and just as we had finished the sandwich and fries and were headed to the room, she came with the potatoes bagged and ready to go. Don't know what happened there, but we appreciate her going to bat for us, she saved the day as far as our impression of the restaurant in this hotel. We still paid the room service fee and delivery fee for the sandwich, and paid $14.50 for a reuben sandwich and fries, and another $35 for the 2 orders of potato skins and 4 beers, so it was an expensive adventure, too. The pool area was clean. The breakfast was ok. There was plenty of breakfast food, and there was someone to cook omelettes to order. Not very friendly, in fact kinda rude, but the eggs were tasty. I don't know how potatoes and bacon can be made tasteless, but they managed. Canned fruit was not very fresh and looked old. Juice was very good. All in all it was what you would expect a free hotel breakfast to be. Lobby/atrium had a waterfall that was nice. The place was full of artificial plants, I mean hundreds, kinda felt like a jungle, but it added to the atmosphere. There was a piano that played by itself, and the first night there was an old man at it, the 2nd night, it was just the piano playing the same music. Cute. LOL. All in all, it appears to be the newest and cleanest of the Hot Springs hotels, and is relatively convenient to bathhouse row, etc., so we would probably stay there again. The property itself is nice, the employees, other than the woman who was bartending Thanksgiving night, all need some training. They ruined the experience. She should be commended. Internet is $9.95 and there is no wifi in the rooms.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us, for the review and for taking the time to speak with me on the telephone today regarding your experience. I am very sorry that our Thanksgiving service levels were not up to the high standards you should expect in an Embassy Suites hotel. Your review will help us make the necessary improvements. We are grateful that you indicated that you would return and give us the opportunity to show you the level of service you deserve. Thank you again for speaking with me today and allowing me the opportunity to resolve the food service problems to your satisfaction.

Trinity
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I arrived on Friday afternoon and was greeted by the best bellman, Chris! He was friendly and knowledgeable of the area. I then went to the desk and checked in with another great employee. That is where it ended. That evening we went to go to a restaurant and we were treated so rudely by an employee named Phillip, The guy desk was embarressed by his behavior. I had to wait for 15 -20 minutes to be acknowledged as he helped others behind me in line. His response - well, you need to learn to speak up. Really?? Another manager was called. He apologized and offered to pay for the taxi. Unfortunately the 22.00 I spent I was not able to get a receipt from the driver. The people that said this was a safe area need to take a look around. During the day it is safe to walk, not at night. The cleaning lady said she leaves with a knife in her hand. The next morning we went to the breakfast, It was awful. The staff was overwhelmed! The food was cold and were not being attended. We left our breakfast and just had coffee. Phillip walked by and looked directly at me 5 times, never saying a word. When we decide to go to town. He takes us in the shuttle. Before we leave he turns and says are you the ladies that had the problem last night? I said yes I am. He said Well I apolgize that you thought I was rude. I said you were sir, and I don't understand why. If you were busy a simple acknowledgement would have sufficed. He turned to me and said - I said I apologized - you can choose to accept or not. When I returned from town, there was a message from the GM. On this phone message he spent more time saying what a great employee this man is than trying to make me happy. A voice mail!!! I will never stay at this establishment again. Several people came to me in the open area and said they could not believe what this man said and this GM leaves me a message. Obviously, I know who trained him. I will take this further so others are not humiliated like this. I have stayed at another Embassey Suites in Grapevine, Texas. What a difference! We decided to stay here because our experience in Texas was good. We attended our convention there. I will definitely vote against another visit.

Room Tip: Go to Comfort Suites or anywhere but here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kschatzl, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear Nando0810,

Thank you for speaking with me today regarding the bad experience you had at our hotel last weekend. Once again I offer my sincere apology. I understand how upsetting the rude service you received from our Bell Captain must have been. I am also sorry that I did not get to speak with you directly during your visit. I did call your suite on 3 occassions. On each occassion I got your voicemail. On the third occassion I left you an apology and a contact number. As you suggested on our call perhaps a personal note would have been a better idea. Your experience will leave Phillip and I as determined as ever to deliver the very best in hospitality and service in the future. I am glad that we were able to resolve your complaint today. Respectully submitted, Kurt Schatzl, General Manager

Been to Embassy Suites Hot Springs? Share your experiences!