“Worst experience ever at an amusement park!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 31 Attractions in Hot Springs
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Water Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Magic Springs & Crystal Falls, operated by Amusement Management Partners, LLC is located at 1701 East Grand Avenue off HWY 70 in Hot Springs, Arkansas. It is a 45 minute drive from Little Rock and within easy driving distance from Memphis, Shreveport, Dallas, and Tulsa.
“Worst experience ever at an amusement park!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This was my third visit to Magic Springs in the past 4 years and I will certainly not go back another time. It was to be a fun day for my daughter's birthday.
We began with the log flume ride. The line was relatively short, but there were only 3 logs in working order which equated to a very long wait (about 35-45 minutes)for a short ride. From there we had a nice ride on the plummet summit. We headed to swim and eat, but the snack bar we tried was not even open. We waited to grab tubes for our favorite water slide, and waited and waited. The lifeguard could give no explanation telling us to go and rent them. When we finally got tubes we waited a solid 45 minutes to slide. The slide was fun as always, however while sliding our shoes were stolen! At this point we decided we would never return.... 3 hours into the experience we have ridden 2 rides and 1 water slide, had shoes stolen and been disappointed to find the snack bar closed. We left after spending $202 for 3 attractions.

Tupelo, Mississippi
4 attraction reviews
“Fun time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed ourselves. Tickets are kinda expensive for what is there, but what amusement parks aren't. We arrived when they opened and stayed almost til closing. Purchase the refillable cup n share w ur family. While we were there, the lines were short so we could just stay on some rides over and over. Even the most popular rides there was very little wait. The waterslide lines were short and we got to do everything we wanted to do over and over. This was worth the ticket price not to have to wait in lines like at other parks. Best buy is to purchase tickets in advance or thru a lodging package.

5 attraction reviews
“Magic Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We arrived around noon. Regular parking cost $10. We checked in without difficulty. We went on a Wednesday and this will save a little money because it is more expensive Friday - Sunday. It was $200 for our family of 4. My kids had the best day and so did my husband and I. There are so many things! The best part for my kids was the Boogie Board which is a simulated wave experience. There are also numerous water slides. We also went to the amusement park side and road the log ride and Big Bad John the roller coaster. It is great for people who don't like the really scary roller coasters. My husband and daughter road Wild Thing and loved it. My 10 year old also loved the diamond mine coaster and rum runner pirate ship. The water park closed at 6pm and the amusement park at 7pm.

3 attraction reviews
“Fun, Fun, Fun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Lots of great fun for all ages!! Lots of thrilling and fun rides, plus lots and lots of water attractions to cool off in!!!

9 attraction reviews
“Longer hours or cheaper prices needed!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My son and I drove 3 hours to spend a day here with friends. We arrived before the park opened, and stayed until the water park closed. That was 11 am to 6pm. For two parks, that's not a lot of time considering my tickets cost about $100. In addition, the lazy river was not open until noon and had a sign that said it would be open until 7. It closed at 6. One of the employees told us the park was closing early because of low volume that day. My suggestion would be to have longer hours, offer 2-day passes, or lower prices. For about the same cost, we could have played at White Water in Branson, MO, for 12 hours!! That's nearly twice the value. In addition, I know White Water offers two days for one when guests arrive after 4 pm. I will be shopping for season passes next year, and WW is looking like a better option.