“Not bad for the price paid” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Romance in Hot Springs!
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Hot Springs
Irving, Texas
“Not bad for the price paid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel is in the walking distance from the happening place in Hot Springs. Yes the carpet was very old but the bed were clean and comfortable. If your motive is to be in downtown and be at the center of most of the things then yes get the hotel however if you want to relax and enjoy the hotel amenities then you probably won't like this hotel. I am very picky when it comes to where I stay- I am a cleanliness freak and I had no problems staying there at all. We only stayed there for a night and the view from the 13th floor was nice.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed here for 3 nights. Very friendly staff I used the valet service and they were very prompt when getting my car and friendly. It was close to areas downtown which is a plus. My room was nice and clean bed was comfortable. I did enjoy their spa services they were excellent I had the mineral bath, facial and hot stone feet massage. I didn't get a chance to eat in the restaurant they have more hours closed than open to me but I'm not an early bird either. Hotel is older but I enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind coming back here when I visit.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Mabank, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Austin is a nice hotel located just off of bathhouse row. Very clean and super nice staff, no problems checking in or out. John took care of our car and luggage, he was such a big help.
The only thing missing was a mini fridge and microwave, we didn't ask if they had one though. . The hotel and rooms are nice and clean, the bed was soft so we got a good nights sleep..
We had dinner in their restaurant, the food was really good and the service was excellent. Their breakfast was just as good as dinner was.
We had a hot bath and a one hour massage, they took excellent care of us, we will return to the Austin again. Great staff and service!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Yes this place has much history and they are maintaining some out dated furniture, but this place mixed well with the store front decor in downtown Hot Springs. We have been going to Ho Springs since 1994 and never stayed here. The staff was very helpful and genuine in their attitude of service. We stayed on the 14 floor, great view. Only had breakfast one morning and the service personnel were excellent, but the food was questionable, and no toast. Seems like a young man bringing out some additional bacon had some issues: the bacon was not cooked like the bacon in the pan, and he just appeared not interested in his behavior? I plan to go back with several children in July.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is extremely dated. The pictures on the website makes the hotel seem a lot nicer then what it really is the carpet is old , the coffee maker is an old Mr coffee the one in my room didn't work. Ironing board was stained. I thought the room had a refrigerator in it but it didn't so I went down to the front desk to ask for one. I got back to the room later I the day and yep I had a fridge in the room, on the floor in the corner. Very dirty looking and smelled weird. The TV had constant static view none of the channels were clear. Longest 2 night stay I've ever had in hot springs. Needless to say I will not be staying there again even if it's close to the convention center where I go to work.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Maumelle, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In years past, I've stayed at The Austin out of convenience to the Convention Center and area, and it was not good. At all. My recent stay has changed my perception of the hotel and I am now not afraid to stay there. It was actually one of my better experiences as of late, and I will definitely stay again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I often stay at this hotel when I am in town for business. Gail is absolutely outstanding when it comes to working with my schedule, booking rooms and scheduling for my conference events.
Jesse, who works at the front desk is pleasant and very accommodating.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Austin Convention Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!