“Horrible experience! Don't stay here!!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added The Springs Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
The Springs Hotel & Spa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   135 Central Avenue, Hot Springs, AR 71901   |
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Hot Springs
“Horrible experience! Don't stay here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011 via mobile

This place is old and gross! The people that work there act like like get paid $5 a hour! That's how sucky the service is! I would never stay here I would rather sleep in my car. They charged my credit card for charges we shouldn't have been charged! This Hotel shouldn't even have one star!!! HORRIBLE!!!

• Stayed August 2011
virginiawilliams, Manager at The Springs Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
We do apologize that this guest felt as if our service was below par. However, we do feel that their opinion of our service is based solely on the fact that they were charged for their stay when they checked out after only being here for 2 hours. These guests did not check out because they felt that their room was inadequate, uncomfortable, or dirty... These guests checked out of their room because they heard a baby crying and it "upset them to the point of tears". These guests would not allow our front desk personnel to call the guests with the crying baby or move them to another floor and room, they took it upon themselves to check-out instead.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff. Great pool. Large rooms. Dated but has appealing retro 1960s feel. Beats stying at souless chain hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
virginiawilliams, Manager at The Springs Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 28, 2011
We appreciate you staying at The Springs Hotel. Our staff go out of their way to make all of our guests comfortable and love to receive compliments for their hard work. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Melbourne, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

The staff at the hotel seemed very friendly, and more than willing to help us with anything we needed. The only issue we did have during the entire stay was the waitress telling my mother and I that it'd be better if we took our food to go. As if she didn't want to serve us. However, since they closed in an hour and a half the and the place looked pretty cleaned up - I can't blame her too much for that. (We were planning on making it to go anyway.)

The room was nice, smelled fine, and was very clean. I have no idea who had the misfortune to get a room that they said made their feet black - but I can assure you that I walked barefoot in our room a lot and had nothing disgusting was on my feet from it. Perhaps it's because I was in a nonsmoking room, and they weren't. If that's the case - well honestly that's what can happen in a smoking room...

We also took part in the spa while we were there and it was more than satisfactory! The entire experience was well worth the money paid for it. Thanks to the hotel for making our vacation even greater than we expected. We'll be visiting again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
We appreciate your great comments on our hotel. The staff love to get "kudos" from our guests. I will certainly mention to the new manager in the restaurant your issue with the waitress. They are not supposed to "rush" people in and out. Have a great week and we look forward to seeing you again.
Conway, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and I, along with a son and family spent the weekend at this hotel. The hotel has obviously been around for awhile, however, the staff was extremely friendly and capable. I could not discover anything that we considered dirty, or any less clean than the "higher priced" hotels in the area. We fully enjoyed our stay. If one has a room on the street side, be prepared to listen to motorcycles passing during the night. But remember that Hot Springs is a big draw for motorcycles. The food was good, the price was right and the room was more than acceptable to us. The rooms we occupied were considered better than hotels of higher price in the area.

Room Tip: We got an upgrade just by asking and no cost increase
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
virginiawilliams, Manager at The Springs Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you so much for the great review!! Our staff is always overjoyed when they receive lots of great compliments, especially our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff, as they work really hard to have our guests in clean and comfortable rooms. We look forward to you staying with us again!
Festus, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

this hotel looked great online. Downtown, close to acttractions, swimming pool, spa, everything we were looking for. We were sadly disappointed when we arrived. On the outside the hotel looks run down. Understandable, it's in the historic district afterall. Once we got to our room there was mildew on the vents and in the bathroom. We asked that it be cleaned and it was promptly done. Later that evening, while showering I look over to find someone's hair on the shower wall. The bathtub drain did not close which made it diffficult to give my 18month old a bath. While brushing my teeth I noticed a pubic hair on the vanity. And later that night, after we had all taken our showers and baths, we noticed our feet were black from walking barefoot on the carpet. The room also smelled like stail cigarette smoke. We were not able to find another hotel that could accommodate us for the remainder of our stay. Trust me, we looked. This was the dirtiest hotel that I have ever stayed in. I will tell everyone I meet who is thinking of traveling to Hot Springs to aviod this hotel like the plague!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
virginiawilliams, Manager at The Springs Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
The only complaint from these guests was on the vent which had mildew, our Maintenance Department took care of this promptly. If the guest had called and told the Front Desk about any hairs in the bathroom we would have had our Housekeeping department take care of it right away also. Our hotel is not dirty! The staff here are very conscience of making sure our guests have clean and comfortable rooms. And yes, again, we are in the Historic District... older buildings, stores, bath houses, etc.
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Myself my Husband and My son checked in the Springs Hotel on Sunday July 24 2011.I DO NOT understand why all these bad reviews have been posted.The Staff Terry and Marshall were GREAT !!!! The rooms were very clean,Yes they are old be REAL this is the Historical District !!! We stay on Freemont Street in Vegas the OLD for real Vegas the rooms are the same ,with a lot of history. The rooms are a great value,Free breakfast with a great older lady as a waitress !!! Will I stay i the Springs Again YES !!!!! So for all you snooty people go uptown and give $200.00 for a room with no history !!! Lisa Mason And Chuck from Arlington Texas Oh yes and the pool was Very CLEAN also

Lisa Mason and Family-
Thank you so much for your lovely review of our historic hotel. We really appreciate your review and are glad that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. We hope to see you again soon. All our staff do work 200%+ to make sure all our guests are taken care of. We are also very proud to be part of the Hot Springs Downtown Arts and Historic District.
ruston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

the good part of the hotel was the location.
the bad parts. Good for people who bring pets. Bad for the ones that do not want to wake up to dogs barking at 7:00 am
Parking was horrible. I didn't like walking up the hill in my high heels when I wanted to dress up for dinner.
Last night there was horrible. The people next to my room fought form 8:30 am til 3:00 when they were finally kicked out. I had to call several times to get action. It was my honeymoon, so my last night was ruined. The front desk clerk was very indifferent when I told her I didn't think I should have to pay for the night that I only got 3 hours sleep. I had to get up early because we had a several hour drive. She said, "well it was only one bad night". I didn't want any bad nights on my honeymoon. They did do a small discount.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
virginiawilliams, Manager at The Springs Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Unfortunately we did experience a rowdy guest during this guest's stay.The first call to the front desk complaining about the loud guests was not made until 1:15 AM. Our night auditor called the room of the loud guests and asked them to be quieter and they apologized and said okay. The next complaint was not received until 2:10AM, again the loud guest was asked to be quiet and they were also told that if there was another complaint on their room they would be evicted. At 2:55AM after another complaint the disruptive guests were evicted from the property due to their disturbances. It is our hotel policy to give all guests the opportunity to quiet down before asking them to leave. This explains why we gave the rowdy guests 3 chances to calm down. Had the hotel not been full we would have offered to move the honeymooning guests who were disturbed by the others.

As for our parking lot, Hot Springs is mountainous and the hotel was built at the bottom of a mountain. We unfortunately did not have a choice of where the parking lot was put as the hotel was built in 1963.

Also, this guest told our front desk clerk that everything was nice about her stay until her final night and that she would be giving us an overall bad review.

Been to The Springs Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!