“Hole in the Wall places are usually very good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 229 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Hole in the Wall places are usually very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This little "hole in the wall" place is very good. We just happened to be in the neighborhood and I was having a hankering for some catfish. So glad we chose to go here. I had heard the food was good but I had no idea how good. The place was clean and welcoming. The helpings are plenty and having eaten catfish all my life I was impressed with how fresh this was. It was cooked to perfection and came with 2 sides. Don't let the little strip-mall (where it's located) deter you. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed. They also serve chicken and bbq plus they cater.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Denton, Texas
“Incredible Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

After seeing the high marks, we made our way over for dinner (be careful they close at 8 during the week) and were extremely happy we did, this was probably our favorite meal of our trip. All of the food is fried fresh and perfectly, plus the burgers were great. I really enjoyed the sauce bar with all sorts of things to dip your fried goodies in. The Parmesan sauce was awesome! I don't think you could order anything bad here, so don't miss it! The staff was overly nice as well.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food. Casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Mr whiskers is in a shopping center so it can be easy to miss. It's a small diner and the staff was incredibly friendly. My wife ordered my son a burger and he later said he had asked for chicken. One of the staff brought him a chicken strip after she heard the conversation. Well above and beyond what I've seen in a loooong time. The food was good and everyone in our party of 7 was very satisfied.

Bartlesville, OK
“Great service, average catfish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our family has a tradition of having fish frys so I have pretty high expectations. As such I found Mr. Whiskers catfish to be good but not great. I felt the food had a strong taste and was somewhat overcooked. I did enjoy the atmosphere, the service was really good and the people very nice. The people eating with me raved about the fried shrimp so if I go again that is the dish I plan to order. I did enjoy the coleslaw and hushpuppies.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Really good food ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We tried the oysters; catfish; chicken; and ribs. Everything was great, as were the hush puppies; friendly staff ensured a great time too.