“Good food. Casual atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 226 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
“Good food. Casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Mr whiskers is in a shopping center so it can be easy to miss. It's a small diner and the staff was incredibly friendly. My wife ordered my son a burger and he later said he had asked for chicken. One of the staff brought him a chicken strip after she heard the conversation. Well above and beyond what I've seen in a loooong time. The food was good and everyone in our party of 7 was very satisfied.

Bartlesville, OK
“Great service, average catfish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our family has a tradition of having fish frys so I have pretty high expectations. As such I found Mr. Whiskers catfish to be good but not great. I felt the food had a strong taste and was somewhat overcooked. I did enjoy the atmosphere, the service was really good and the people very nice. The people eating with me raved about the fried shrimp so if I go again that is the dish I plan to order. I did enjoy the coleslaw and hushpuppies.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Really good food ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We tried the oysters; catfish; chicken; and ribs. Everything was great, as were the hush puppies; friendly staff ensured a great time too.

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Top Notch place for good food and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

You order at the counter and then sit down to wait for your meal to be served, nothing fancy but the food is outstanding. Great fried shrimp, catfish, hush puppies, fries and cole slaw. There is plenty of food in the combos or any of the plates, you won't leave hungry. They were out of ribs at 7 pm, but they close at 8 pm and I'm not going to complain about them running out of food when the food they do have is so good. I'll try the ribs the next time I'm here. Like I said, this is a top notch restaurant and if you want just good southern food, this is the place to go. I'll be back!

Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family has been visiting Hot Springs for years, but had never eaten or even heard of Mr. Whiskers. Mistake! After seeing that it ranked 2nd we had to see why. It is a very casual, out of the way place....but so worth the effort. Ribs were fantastic! As were the hush puppies (order the hush puppy basket!)! My crew had both the fish and chicken and were amazed at how good everything was! All of the sides were great too!! We couldn't believe we had never heard of this place! It is now on our must visit place when we are in town!!