“Super fried delights!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 235 Restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American
“Super fried delights!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I ventured here from the main drag after reading some great reviews and we were not disappointed. The place is tucked in a strip mall, a little hard to find. The menu features fried catfish, oysters, shrimp, and chicken. I went for the catfish while my wife had the oysters and shrimp. Both of us were satisfied. Every kind of dipping sauce is available, but you should give the "whisker sauce" a whirl.
They also offer hamburgers and po' boys if you're not into fried food.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scott1538, Owner at Mr. Whiskers, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Big thanks for us all at Mr. Whiskers'!!!

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Great family meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

The catfish was very good, the breading was light and crunchy, and the hushpuppies were excellent. My daughter had the pulled pork which was quite tasty and my son had the hamburger, which was also good! The wait staff was very friendly. All in all, a great meal!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi Erin,

Thanks a lot!!! our BBQ is cook right here on site in the smokehouse!!

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Consistently great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Our second visit to Mr. Whiskers was just as good as the first! Hearty portions of hot catfish with fries, pups and killer coleslaw. The remoulade house dipping sauce is worth the visit.

Visited November 2013
Scott1538, Owner at Mr. Whiskers, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
“Consistently great!” Thanks Rico!!!
Arkadelphia, Arkansas
“Third time wasnt a charm....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was my wife and my 3rd trip in the last two months to Whiskers. Each time befoe it was great. This time it was not at all the same. The fish was soft and broken when it came out. The hushpuppies were not done in the middle. the grilled plate that my wife ordered might have swam off the plate. It was undercooked. We will never come back if they dont care about their service moe than this. I never write reviews, but tonight I wish I had gone to McDonalds.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Great catfish and hushpuppies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The breading was light, nothing was greasy or fishy tasting. We had the catfish and shrimp and both were quite tasty. And the hushpuppies were just right. While not a double table cloth restaurant, we were there for the food, and that makes this place a winner. An exceptional value.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scott1538, Owner at Mr. Whiskers, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thanks Les,
Come see us again, next trip to Arkansas!!