We read menus walking on Central, and decided on The Porthouse. Big mistake. I had the Jack Daniels burger. I took a bite. It tasted burned. I inspected the burger (under the mounds of brown sauce), and saw only good-looking grill marks. I took another bite. Inedible. Across the table my wife was having a hard time swallowing her "lump crab cakes." I suggested we switch. She gagged when she tried my burger. I ate the remaining half of one of my wife's two crab cakes, but hated every bite. Mrs. Paul's from the supermarket freezer would have been better -- really. Mushy, gooey, tasteless slop. My daughter ordered the Buffalo wings. She loves wings. These arrived dry -- no sauce. In itself, the absence of sauce is not necessarily a bad thing, though it is not authentic. My daughter took one bite and spit it out. My son volunteered to eat them. One bite and out. I tried. Inedible. The spice combination was the weirdest thing I've ever had. Disgusting. My son's order was the lobster bisque. Tasted okay, but where was the lobster? The only good thing is the manager cut the check from $40 to $11 when I told him we were leaving to go out to dinner. I tipped the waiter $9 by paying an even Twenty, and we left, intent on trying another restaurant. However, we did not make it to another restaurant; within minutes of leaving the Porterhouse, two of us had extreme gas pains. We rushed to Walgreen's and bought gas relief medicine, and chewed the pills while driving back to the hotel in agony. Later, the two of us not afflicted ordered room service. Stay at Embassy Suites -- great hotel -- but don't visit the Porterhouse. P.S., the Bella Whatever Italian restaurant is under the same ownership.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.