“Amazing Steak” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Hot Springs, Arkansas, United States
“Amazing Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have traveled all over Canada and the U.S. and I have to say it has been close 15 years since I have had steak this good. We went last night for our 10th wedding Anniversary. For an appetizer we had a Portobella Mushroom with crab in it, so so good! And I had French onion soup, not my favorite. My husband had a T-bone with Portobello mushrooms and a cream sauce and I had a Filet Mignon with Gorgonzola cheese and baby shrimp. This was the highlight of the evening, hands down the best steak. We will go back here again and again for special occasions because the steak was so good! For dessert we had vanilla creme brulee again this was amazing. The service was impeccable as well. It was over just a fantastic evening, great atmosphere, amazing food, love love love this place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
colorado springs
“Lies about their steaks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have tried three times to eat their steaks. They claim dry aged prime and I can tell you as a. Steak lover they are lying. The best I could say is they are serving select. One more thing my wife ordered a 49 dollar lobster that they said was fresh and you could not cut it with a steak knife, they brought another and it was the same. Never again. The worst food in hot springs

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Stay away!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I think these good reviews are being written by the porterhouse owner. Go to yelp for more bad reviews. Hands down worst meal ever. Gravy is from a can, chicken was freezer burnt and I think microwaved. I spit out the first bite. This is a guy who ate cold field rations in the army as well. The steak was frozen and the 12 oz was at best a 7. Wife ordered ice cream for 2 dollars more on her brownie. They brought it out after bringing us the check without ice cream. The bread was pretty good, pretty sure they bought it at some store. They brought the butter out 10 minutes after the bread came out. They were out of crackers for the salad, and brought the chives for the potatoes 5-10 minutes after the potatoes came out. All in all the staff was polite and attentive but did not work as a team and really just didnt know there jobs. Spoke with some locals, they stated it was a place close to the hotels and they know your not coming back. Do not go here, if you want a higher quality fish go get a fish sandwich at McDonald's. I'm sorry to write such a bad review but i hope the owner reads this and makes some drastic changes. The food was of such low quality of my group of 7 and prepared so bad i cannot believe it was just a bad night for the porterhouse.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
HoustonTrav
“Steak and Seafood in downtown Hot Springs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The steaks are huge at Porterhouse. Our service was excellent. My husband's steak was perfect. I had polenta Sea Bass that was great. The side veggies were yucky but the rest was excellent. Our wines were good and the atmosphere is fun.

Visited July 2013
“Good but not Great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We went there in early June for dinner. We ordered the special. It was prime rib. The staff were friendly enough but they seemed very rushed. I thought it was strange because there were at least 3-4 staff members just standing around doing nothing. They also were very slow to refill our drinks. The prime rib was ok. It tasted better than it looked which I guess was a plus. Maybe it's just what I ordered but I was kind of disappointed. Oh and the area outside of the bathroom smelled. I may give it another chance in the future but it'll not be anytime soon.

• Visited June 2013