“Not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the good reviews on this place we decided to try it out. The place was not busy as it was a week day night. I found it odd that they had a glass of sparkling water on each table but if you opened it they would charge you. Kind of reminded me of the water bottles in hotel rooms. Next we waited 15/20 mins to have our waitress come and even greet us. I began looking around and noticed a lot of the other patrons were looking for their wait staff as well. I ordered the ribeye and it was ok, nothing special. The part that got me was it came with a baked potatoe and it had nothing on it when it came. About 10 minutes into our meal the waitress brought sour cream and butter. Then about 10 minutes later when my potatoe was nearly gone she asked if we wanted chives and bacon bits for our potatoe.

Overall the food was ok, but the wait staff could use some work. I would not go here again or recommend it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Best Steak and Lobster in Hot Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I had dinner, he had the filet and I had surf n turf....His steak was perpared perfectly. And I have to say, I have eaten many lobsters in Hot Springs and no place in town compares to Porterhouse it was a large tail broiled to profection, I can absolutely say that is compares to living on the coast.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arkansas
“This place really has bad food & worse service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife & I had dinner here having heard that it was a pretty nice place. I ordered a bone-in ribeye & my wife had a small ribeye. Long story short, the bone-in was dry & flavorless. I brought this to the attention of the waiter & he would say he was sorry, NOTHING ELSE...that was it. The place is kind of expensive by my standards so I was extremely disappointed in the service & food. Really stinks to pay hard earned money for sorry food. Avoid this place if possible.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had 4 people from out of town in to entertain my wife and myself on a business dinner. Two of the men were from out of state and remarked they didn't expect such a great steak and service in Hot Springs AR. Thank you Porterhouse you made me look great

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Worst food I have ever tasted!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Wanted to have a nice Valentine's Day dinner...chose the WRONG place. Had an over cooked steak, my husband had some chicken dish that was completely awful. He wouldn't even finish it, and he will eat anything! Most edible item was the baked potato!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere