“Burgers were great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 228 restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American
“Burgers were great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We popped in here for lunch after going to one of the bathhouses. They were extremely friendly & it was a relaxed atmosphere. My husband & I shared some delicious & hearty chili cheese fries. I got a burger and he got a classy dog. Burger was great. Cooked just right so it was juicy & everything was fresh! Chocolate shake was also great! I would definitely recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Little Rock
“Could be great but..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I came here over the weekend with my nephews. Initially, I was rather impressed. It has a distinctive bygone days diner-y kind of feel with a modern twist. It achieves this without being cheesy. A very cool place to eat lunch from the looks of it. The menu was simple, a burger or two and a lot of hot dog options, which was expected. However, the rather high prices were not. Myself and my teen and tween nephews each had a drink, burger, and fries (one with cheese). Our tab was just shy of $35. Okay, a lil steep for this type of faire but I looked forward to the delicious meal which garnered such a price. It was nice that all their cooking equipment is right out front where you can see it. Upon receiving our meal I was a tad disappointed. I don't know, maybe its just me but "cheese fries" doesn't usually mean a tiny sprinkling of unmelted shreds. I don't really think they should offer cheese fries in general since their coil cups (which I love presentation-wise) don't really make sense for that, practically. Had I known thats how they were served, we never would have ordered those. But - even though the strings obviously fell right off all the fries, my nephew did thoroughly enjoy them as they were very well cooked. The burger was cooked well and the flavor was nice, but it was a little overshadowed by the bun which was twice its size. I recommend going and having the experience, but I don't know if I'll make too many return trips with their prices.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lubbock, Texas
“Chili cheeseburger....great on a cold day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stopped by for a bite of lunch on a chilly day. Chili cheeseburger hit the spot. Was 5 napkins messy, which is my compliment to its goodness. Great location on "bath house row". Chocolate malt was so so, but beer is cold. Great lunch and fast service despite just one wait person/cook. My hubby thought the meal was overpriced, but it is in Hot Springs....and it was good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Decent burgers, good dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was our second trip to Hot Springs and our second time eating at Bubbalus. The food was good (as it was the first time). Good value. They are only open for lunch and closed on Wednesday. I over hear the owner say she was selling the place so the next time may be a differant story.

We will go again

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Black Angus Burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Burger quality was excellent, fries were crispy. The back of BubbaLu's menu explains why they look like a greasy burger joint but are far from it.

• Visited October 2012