“Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 31 Attractions in Hot Springs
Type: Historic Sites, Spas, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: The only working bathhouse left on "Bathhouse Row," a popular hot springs bathing area in the 1920s.
Hot Springs, Arkansas
3 attraction reviews
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

What a unique experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the mineral bath and massage. The experience started with mineral bath, then a sitz bath, a steam, wrapped with hot towels and then a swedish massage. Sara was a wonderful bath attendant. Jennifer did a great job on the massage. My husband and daughter also enjoyed their experience. It is the best thing we did in Hot Springs!

Visited December 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
“relaxing and interesting experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was my wife's main reason for coming to Hot Springs. She had a very interesting and nice experience, but thought that coming with her female friends would have been more enjoyable. This is the only bathhouse from the earlier days still operating in the traditional way.

Visited December 2013
Zachary, Louisiana
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent bath and massage!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a bath while we were on a leisure trip in November. I am so glad we did! The bath was relaxing, and the staff was very professional. Sarah was an excellent attendant. Then, after all the steps of the bath, she passed me off to Karen who gave me a massage. She was an excellent massage therapist. She found all the tight spots and shared with me some stretches to do to loosen those areas up. I would definitely go back. The only drawback is that if you are extremely modest, this may be a bit much. I am modest, but in this instance, it didn't bother me. The attendants were very professional. My husband had a similar experience. He really enjoyed his bath. Thank you for such a relaxing bath in the Hot Springs mineral water! Hopefully we will be able to go back soon! Would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to experience a bath soaked in the history of the area (since there is so much history tied to the water and the baths in Hot Springs - you get to experience a part of history!!).

Visited November 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Must have experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Buckstaff is amazing! I've been twice this year and loved very bit of both experiences. Do the $30 whirlpool with the loofa mit. You sit in a whirlpool tub for 20 minutes, followed by a sitz bath that does wonders for lower back pain, then you sit in the steam cabinet which is heaven!! After the steam cabinet they wrap you with warm towels and the last step is a shower. Anytime I'm in Arkansas I will definitely be coming to Buckstaff

Fort Worth
6 attraction reviews
“Little R & R”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Buckstaff is truly a classic from the past. The atmosphere and the architecture take you back in time. Each time I'm there I truly expect to see Al Capone or Bugsy Malone and their band of hooligans walk into the bathing area. The staff is truly great when it comes to their service in the bathing area. However, the massage is not what I expect when I get a massage back home. I prefer deep tissue in order for the muscles to worked to release and relax. At best the massage here consisted of little more than a rub down with lotion.

Visited November 2013