“Customer Service with an Attitude” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Hot Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston
“Customer Service with an Attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

This hotel sucks, food is bad and we found a booger on the wall, not to mention the bathroom was somewhat dirty and the pull out sofa was falling apart and a rude night front desk. Not worth the money, the best part is I got an email from Larry Dewitt (manager) telling me I would be better off staying at another hotel, thats customer service with a smile!

• Liked — leaving it
  • Disliked — the whole stay
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Minden, La
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

The lobby was not as pictured, nor was the breakfast area. So I was little leary to see the room, But it was as pictured. Room was clean , but the faucet in the tub and sink dripped ALL night long. There was only 1 drink (soda) machine in the whole hotel, and the microwave and the refrigerator were not even plugged in, so it took a while to cool down before we could use it.

• Liked — convenient location
  • Disliked — hot frig and no regular cokes in machine, only diet drinks. Plus dripping faucet all night
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
jonesboro, arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

I noticed a tobacco smoke odor in the room as I entered. My wife noticed it too and mentioned it to me.This was supposed to be a non-smoking room.
We left the room to go to the town and dinner. When we returned the smoke smell was more noticeable, so I decided to complain.
The front desk person, who I would describe as very aloof, said that she did not have the time to come and check it out, though our room was adjacent to the front desk.
I asked for another room but the hotel was sold out so 'no'. Ditto for a refund so I could go somewhere else.
I asked to speak to the manager who was very rude. He told me what I was saying was not possible because it was a non-smoking room. He implied that I was making this up to get a refund. Finally he asked me how he could be sure that I had not smoked in the room.
I considered checking out without a refund but did not want to put my family through the inconvenience.
This is the worst I have been treated in a hotel.

• Disliked — Smoky room, aloof front desk staff, incredibly rude manager
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cherry Valley, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2007

I just returned from a stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Hot Springs and it was a great experience. The hotel manager, Larry DeWitt, was wonderful. I had to communicate with him on several occasions prior to checking in and he was the BEST!!! Everything and anything I asked him to do, he did it with professionalism and courtesy. The hospitality that my group received was outstanding. I will stay there whenever I go to Hot Springs!

Karen Seabaugh
Cross County School District

• Liked — Hospitality
  • Disliked — Wasn't Free!!!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Monee, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2007

We stayed here back in September, 2006. The hotel in located right on the same road where all the old hot spring spas are. It's about a 10 minute drive to the hotel from the the main sites in Hot Springs. The hotel seemed pretty new and very clean, There is a country-ish restaurant ( Dixie Plate?) located in front of the hotel within walking distance. We found everything to be fine with this hotel and would stay here again when in the area.

• Liked — very well kept rooms
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Tips/Secrets — The Hot Spring spas are being restored. Only one spa was open at the time we were there.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2006

We were quoted one price when we checked in and was not asked to sign anything. In the morning, we were charged twice as much. The manager was extremely rude when I brought the matter to his attention and did not offer any solution with an "oh well" attitude. The shower was like standing under a water hose and the internet wasn't working.

Stayed January 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2004

The Comfort Inn is a Gold Medal winner and justly awarded. From the parking lot to the bathroom, everything is clean! The staff appreciates each visitor and the owner even works there and is easily accessible. I have stayed there several times and have even brought groups (which was handled quite well). The Comfort Inn is just off Hwy. 270, close to Oakawn, mall and lots of restaurants. A Walgreens Pharmacy, Dixie Plate Restaurant (good) are next door with a hospital close by. The rooms can be a little pricey, but once you stay there, you understand. Great indoor pool too! Hot Springs is a Spa City.... start yoru relaxation and fun at this hotel - you won't regret it.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!