“Great Housekeeping” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Hot Springs
Lubbock
“Great Housekeeping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Comfortable bed with 7 pillows! Housekeeping was wonderful - I'd ask if they could have room ready by noon so we could return & nap, change for graduation, whatever - and it was ALWAYS taken care of. I'd Prefer: no comforter on bed - I prefer duvets with fresh cotton covers. And, I wish hotels would take the doors off closets & the cabinets housing micro/frig - would make it easier for more than one person to get around in the room. NICE clean roomy bathroom. I really like a toilet seat cover - didn't like the idea that if I dropped a towel or something from my bath supply bag - that it would fall into the toilet. I found draping a damp towel over the top of the seat kept a dropped item from going INTO the toilet. Front desk & breakfast were friendly & ready to please. 24 hour Walgreens & Dixie Cafe (chain) were both on parking lot. Just as pictured on web.

Room Tip: Request away from housekeeping closet & elevator. AND while you are there - if there is an annoy...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Protem, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I know the race track was open the weekend I stayed and perhaps they raise the rates during that time. Even so, with a room rate of $129 and then add on $16.77 in tax makes a total of $145.77 a night. This was a suite although I don't see much difference between this one and a normal king. The couch perhaps? Yes the room and hotel overall are nice but I doubt I would be willing to stay here again for this price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Phenix City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel and have enjoyed it both times. There is a Perkins Resturant and Shell Station across the street for ease of dining and refueling for travel.

Room Tip: Staff was helpful to ensure getting full Rewards points and getting proper discounts.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Batesville, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Hotel had a makeover in 2011 and it shows. We had a speedy check-in and found our room to be pleasant and clean with a very comfortable king size bed. We got a suite for $129. Didn't have a chance to use or enjoy amenities as much as usual since we were out a lot, but we definitely would come back. We both slept very well and it was quiet, though I believe the hotel was nearly filled.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I booked this hotel for an overnight school trip. I am a teacher, and I brought 22 students to stay at this hotel for a nearby convention. Everything about our stay was OUTSTANDING!! The manager went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. One of my students left behind a pair of boots, and he mailed them to the school. Again, this service was absolutely superior! We will definitely stay here for this trip in the future, and I will stay at this hotel if I am ever in Hot Springs for any reason! Comfort Inn and Suites is doing everything right!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
La Crescenta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Traveling with a family of four, I was looking for a hotel with queen beds. Most of the hotels offer double beds, but the extra sleeping space was important to us. Only Howard Johnson had a lower price for double queen room, and I had poor experience with that chain before. By the look of the reviews, I'd say I wasn't the only one. Comfort Inn was a great find, surpassing the expectations for a hotel of that class. We had a very pleasant stay albeit for one night. The only drawback was that it's not on Bathhouse raw, but it's only a short drive away. The lady on the register also recommended a place to eat, Jason's Burgers, which we loved (don't be fooled by the name, they are famous for catfish).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

bathroom sink dirty, coffee pot dirty, tv remote wouldn't work, A/C would not cool properly and all those little pillows instead of regular bed pillows ugg. Really good breakfast and location though.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!