“I love the Arlington!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hot Springs
Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
You added Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
239 Central Ave., Hot Springs, AR 71901   |
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Hot Springs
“I love the Arlington!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

This place is awesome and right in the heart of Historic Hot Springs! Lots of cute little shops on Central Avenue. The spa is great and certain rooms come as a package deal and is quite affordable. There is also a mini mall and pool and hot tub on the roof, a full dance floor and big band events in the loby! Wonderful stay everytime!

Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
johnnyrotten708
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

We stayed here and it was probably the best hotel in town but that isnt saying much. We had the deluxe room with a king size bed. If you want to stay at an old jotel and look past the faults then this is for you. I am bald and when I took a shower ther were a few brown hairs in the tub I dont know where they came from. The bath was so small that the door wouldn't even open more than 75 degrees. Caulking all atound tub was cracked and breaking off. There was peeling paint on door and frame. The tub drain ring was broke off and wouldnt hold water in it and that is why the deluxe room costs more is because it has a tub. The room itself had several issues too. You can see some very poor repair work that was done on the walls where plaster has cracked in several places. Carpet looked very old and worn and was not tightened so there were large wrinkles running the length of floor. With the maintenence issues and the cleanliness of the hotel room we opted out on any spa treatments. When we talked to front dsesk about condition of room she did not seem to offer any help to situation and when we checked out and girl at desk asked how are stay was I just answered with A negative "eh" and she didnt seem to be suprised at all. You would think someone would like to know what was wrong if you were unsatisfied but I believe they know what problems are already. Now we did look at two other rooms and they did have the same simul;ar problems. We had dinner ther on wed when we checked in and it was great waiter was great I wish I knoew his name I would mention him for doing a great job. Food was great and service was great and we looked forward to breakfast. We sat for breakfast and ordered waffles they were so cold they didnt ever melt the butter took forever to get coffee and we vever saw waitress again. We asked busboy for our waitress so we could get our bill and she sent him back saying she was too busi, but only half of tables were being used. Food tasted good but was cold and service was terrible. Our waitress was Miss Catherine. Next morning we had Dave for a waiter. Even thoiugh it was a buffet that morning he was very polite and stopped by often to see if we neede anything. Looking at condition of other hotels in downtown area this is probably the best of places to stay there but would be worth staying at the embassy suites or hamilton lakes resort. You get more for your money. Besides some of the courteous staff there: some waitstaff, cleaning people and valet men I cannot think of any reason I would want to stay in this hotel. It looked real nice on internet.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Mount Ida, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

I love the idea of staying in an old hotel. You can just "feel" the boom days in the first part of the 20th century. The food was excellent and the staff were 100% wonderful. But the rooms are overpriced. We had to move because the phone did not work and the bathtub did not drain at all. Our second room was also clean, but very old. The lighting is poor, carpet is very worn, there are no shelves for bathroom things. I would stay again, though, if the rooms were $45 a night, which would be a fair price.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

From their webite, this sounds like a very elegant and romantic hotel. The photos are great.......when I made the reservation, it was part of a birthday gift so I was told we'd be given a room on the 8th floor overlooking the park. Wonderful! When we got there, we were given room 417 'overlooking the park' because there was nothing on the 8th floor. Our room was small (it was supposed to be the deluxe, large room), with a room of a parking lot and a flat commercial roof. The room smelled, the bathroom was old and had cracked and flaky paint on the walls. The a/c was obviously old and there was lots of mildew. The room wasn't cheap, either! We turned around and demanded our money back. You had to park about 1 mile in an uncovered parking lot, too, then walk to the hotel with your luggage. They did give us a refund but what a disappointment!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

I almost didn't book a room here after reading the reviews here. In fact, it turned out to be the highlight of our trip. We booked one of the "water rooms" which has has water from the hot springs piped directly into the room bathtub (the only place that I could find that claimed to offer this feature). The room was very spacious, clean, well appointed, and had unbeatable historic points (such as what looked like original brass fittings in the bathrooms and doors). As a bonus, the on site restaurant served a very good steak. The bar in the beautiful lobby was also a treat.

This is not a "disney-fied" or Los Vegas recreation of a historic hotel - it actually has the unbeatable feel of staying in a top hotel of the 30's or 40's. Yes, the carpets are thin in places, and you see the occasional peeling paint, but they are not noticeable unless you are looking for them and it does very little to distract from the experience. There is character here and it is worth a visit.

As a further plus, you can't beat the location if you are interested in visiting the hot springs park. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I don't really have a lot of negatives. Comments on the parking are probably accurate (the garage is literally next door however), though I chose to use valet parking ($15/night) and it worked fine. Hot Springs has a certain charm, but as in many bigger cities there was some loitering and what appeared to be less desirable portions of town. We weren't actually bothered however.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Black Mountain, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

This hotel is a grand dame of another era, and while she shows some wear and tear, the staff, location and amenities make up for her age spots. I had a delightful time with minor challenges. The first room they gave me was near the elevator, and I requested another room and was moved to a junior suite, an upgrade at no extra charge. Absolutely everyone I dealt with was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I felt safe, well taken care of, and completely at home. The pool and hot tub were lovely (overlooking the forest ) and clean, and the bar and dining room were excellent. The bath houses, restaurants and everything I needed was in walking distance. The only challenges with the hotel itself was that some of the old doors stick and are hard to open or close (bathroom door and patio door). An unfortunate thing that happened is that I left my laptop and appt. book in the room and flew home! I was in distress, as you could imagine, and before I landed, the maid had turned in my bag to security and Eddie from Security had left me a message on my cell phone. Roberta from Guest Services assured me that the bag was locked in the manager's ofc. over the weekend and she sent it to me with no problems at all. Thank you to all the staff of the Arlington Hotel. I cannot wait to get back to visit again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

We were kind of excited to stay in this classy-looking large old resort hotel. The website makes it look so beautiful. It has a nice lobby, and the restaurant seemed ok with comfy beds. But lots of white paint can't cover up years of grime, or hide old bathroom fixtures (with a broken toilet seat.) The carpet was threadbare in some areas, especially walking out to the pool area (where the hallways had many room service trays waiting hours to be picked up.) The pool area is kind of cool, but desperately in need of repairs. Breakfast was a buffet, and the hot foods were all cold. Service in the restaurant was really hit and miss with untrained teens as the main waitstaff. The whole hotel needs a huge makeover to become the kind of hotel it deserves to be. I really wanted to like this hotel because I get tired of staying at big box brand hotels. Old resorts like this deserve our business to preserve these fabulous old buildings. But unfortunately, it will take lots of money to allow it to become fashionable again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!