“Incredible slice of days gone by” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hot Springs
Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
239 Central Ave., Hot Springs, AR 71901   |
Ranked #12 of 38 hotels in Hot Springs
Vicksburg, Mississippi
“Incredible slice of days gone by”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Arlington for a much needed getaway from reality. We were there Labor Day weekend. The hotel was buzzing with guests. We chose an "historic" room. I didn't have any major complaints - remember historic means old. These rooms are not like new chains. We had a great time at the Arlington and we would not stay ANYWHERE else in Hot Springs. The best things about this hotel are: the hotel lobby, the lively bar, the pool (with great views of town and a cabana), and the location - you can walk all over town from the front door of the hotel. I highly recommend the Arlington if you love old hotels with all their charm.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

808 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed at the Arlington Thanksgiving weekend. Gracious old hotel that still has the feel of bygone days. Yes it could use some sprucing up but the room was clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and courteous. Look forward to a return trip!

Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This place definitely has the potential to be a wonderful "resort". However, there is much lacking. The staff could use some training on customer service. Also, the hours for the "resort" facilities could be extended. This is suppose to be a vacation spot, but everything in the hotel closes early. The rooms were nice, but it is definitely overpriced. We had an overall good trip, I would say we may not give the Arlington a second chance.

Room Tip: Upgrade Upgrade Upgrade.... the standard rooms are a little meek.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

The Arlington hotel has stood over Hot Springs Arkansas for more then 75 years, many famous people have visited the premises and have enjoyed the hot waters that flow from the nearby river. The hotel prides itself on its grand heritage, with prices to reflect its grandeur. We looked foreword to partaking in its glorious splendour.

My wife and I drove up to the front of the hotel to unload the suitcases. The elderly bellhop loaded our belongings on a trolley and disappeared while I inquired about parking. The hotel garage was one block down the street from the entrance in a sketchy area.

The unsupervised parking was patrolled by four young man in dark hoodies. After reading the large sign on the wall warning about belongings left there "are not the responsibility of the hotel", I wisely decided to park on the street instead. A refreshing walk back to the hotel found me in front of the check in counter.

All went smoothly. The lobby showed its age with tattered furniture, but full of character. The charming metal key opened the lock to our room and with a firm tug the door opened to a room which was somewhat updated from from the original 1800's.

The first thing we noticed was the large box TV on the dresser. After waiting a few minutes for it to warm up we found that it was in color.

The temperature in the room was a little too hot, so I phoned down to the desk clerk. He informed me that it was centrally controlled and I could open the window if I wanted it cooler. That worked fine.

The price of our deluxe room included hot water in the bath tub direct from the springs as an extra selling feature. In our tub the water temperature was only lukewarm, I passed up on the soaking opportunity since I'd had a shower the day before.

The bellhop showed up with our luggage later that day. I tipped him.

As a nice touch, WIFI was advertised at no cost. I tried to connect. No luck.The desk clerk recommended that I would have a better chance next to the entrance to the lobby. I wandered around the hotel with my laptop, I got a weak signal near the men's restrooms. I was discreet.

Later on, our open window to downtown Hot Springs afforded us the opportunity of being heralded at 5:30AM by garbage trucks doing their early rounds. It was not really a problem as our room #738 was next to the elevator which kept us awake most of the night.

I went downstairs to the coffee shop. The cappuccino was lovely, but I bypassed the pastries wrapped in plastic pouches. They reminded me of the goodies at the service station convenience store.

The check out was smooth. The lady was full of southern charm.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Perryville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this historic hotel over a weekend and was pleasently suprised. The hotel was built in the 1920s so it lacks the new hotel luster some people like to see but for us it took us back to a diffrent time and place. The lobby was all a buzz in the evenings with a band, dancing, cocktails and a great atmosphere. The next day we visited the spa and took part in a bath and massage. It was outstanding!! The service was excellent and 4 star. Next we had dinner in the dining room. The ribeye was great and my wife loved the lamb. It is a beautiful restaurant with a live piano player during the dinner service. The room service breakfast the next morning was quick to arrive and of good quality. Some of the drawbacks of this hotel are that they have limited television channals and for people who smoke they only offer non smoking rooms. In addition I think the valet is a little high on their price. But for an unforgettable experience and a trip down memory I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

Branson, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Much better if you walk around the grotto and then get in your car and stay at the Clarion...the room my husband "surprised" me with was just down right YUCK. I live on the lake in Hot Springs. Be especially careful going downtown after dark. Before government shutdown, I always went to Happy Hollow springs down the street from this hotel. My dog refuses to drink the water since the springs have been turned back on...hmmmm...the water was the most incredible water before...health restoring...not now. The downtown area needs so much TLC and get a restoration injection. Hope is missing in this area. There is so much potential...I love the rock hunting and terrain. Pray for Hot Springs! What a gift to waste. Do not drink the water...it has been changed. People from many states would drive for this water. Very sad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Edgemont, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

First of all, this Hotel is built in 1925, don't expect anything too blah like a Hampton or Comfort ... There is nothing blah about this place. The Arlington has an elegant, classical, historical ambiance that is very attractive.
The sink in the bathroom is not huge, the shower is not ultra modern...if you want that, go to a chain hotel.
And you will miss a stay that is very comfortable. I don't know what to say about the hotel except that I loved it. The history, the decor, the LOCATION is superb.
Pricing is comparable to the chains in town, but the breakfast is not like the others..especially on Sunday mornings. Pricey, but very very filling and if you walk away hungry, you did something wrong.
The streetside of the hotel is pretty noisey at night, bring earplugs to sleep in.
Bring your camera, there are multiple locations in the lobby alone for great backdrops for pictures!
I loved it. If we go back to Hot Springs, I want to stay there again, and I hope we do.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street are pretty noisey, but the view is great!! Bring earplugs! The closet in our ro...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!