“Relax and Enjoy!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hot Springs
Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
239 Central Ave., Hot Springs, AR 71901   |
Ranked #13 of 38 hotels in Hot Springs
Perryville, Arkansas
“Relax and Enjoy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this historic hotel over a weekend and was pleasently suprised. The hotel was built in the 1920s so it lacks the new hotel luster some people like to see but for us it took us back to a diffrent time and place. The lobby was all a buzz in the evenings with a band, dancing, cocktails and a great atmosphere. The next day we visited the spa and took part in a bath and massage. It was outstanding!! The service was excellent and 4 star. Next we had dinner in the dining room. The ribeye was great and my wife loved the lamb. It is a beautiful restaurant with a live piano player during the dinner service. The room service breakfast the next morning was quick to arrive and of good quality. Some of the drawbacks of this hotel are that they have limited television channals and for people who smoke they only offer non smoking rooms. In addition I think the valet is a little high on their price. But for an unforgettable experience and a trip down memory I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

807 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Branson, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Much better if you walk around the grotto and then get in your car and stay at the Clarion...the room my husband "surprised" me with was just down right YUCK. I live on the lake in Hot Springs. Be especially careful going downtown after dark. Before government shutdown, I always went to Happy Hollow springs down the street from this hotel. My dog refuses to drink the water since the springs have been turned back on...hmmmm...the water was the most incredible water before...health restoring...not now. The downtown area needs so much TLC and get a restoration injection. Hope is missing in this area. There is so much potential...I love the rock hunting and terrain. Pray for Hot Springs! What a gift to waste. Do not drink the water...it has been changed. People from many states would drive for this water. Very sad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Edgemont, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

First of all, this Hotel is built in 1925, don't expect anything too blah like a Hampton or Comfort ... There is nothing blah about this place. The Arlington has an elegant, classical, historical ambiance that is very attractive.
The sink in the bathroom is not huge, the shower is not ultra modern...if you want that, go to a chain hotel.
And you will miss a stay that is very comfortable. I don't know what to say about the hotel except that I loved it. The history, the decor, the LOCATION is superb.
Pricing is comparable to the chains in town, but the breakfast is not like the others..especially on Sunday mornings. Pricey, but very very filling and if you walk away hungry, you did something wrong.
The streetside of the hotel is pretty noisey at night, bring earplugs to sleep in.
Bring your camera, there are multiple locations in the lobby alone for great backdrops for pictures!
I loved it. If we go back to Hot Springs, I want to stay there again, and I hope we do.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street are pretty noisey, but the view is great!! Bring earplugs! The closet in our ro...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This landmark hotel takes you back to the 1930's.! The lobby area is beautifully done in this time period. Some rooms have been updated and are a mustvifvyour staying here. Friday nite dancing in the lobby is a must see! Sunday & holiday buffets is outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for remodeled room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Norman, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came on a weekend getaway. The beds were very uncomfortable. We had to contact security three times in the middle of the night because the people next to us blared their tv all night long. Security had to trigger off all the breakers in the hall because they couldn t get the guest to turn their tv down. We went to eat breakfast in their Venetian dining and we sat at the table for twenty minutes and the waitress never came over even though she was helping all the tables around us. We asked her if we could get service and she said when she had a minute because she was swamped. We ended up leaving to go eat elsewhere. When it was time for check out I was waiting in line for quite sometime and a worker behind the desk told me she was allowing another person to cut in front of me even though she had just walked up because she was a main guest. I found the people to be rude. This hotel came highly recommended by numerous people. I will not be recommending it.

• Stayed November 2013
Orange County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I am told that the Arlington was the place for gangsters to vacation during prohibition when this place was new and it its glory. My parents (no relation to the gangsters that I know of :) used to come here once every year or two in the 50's and 60's for a get away without the kids. My wife and I came here in 2013 to close the loop on a bit of history. We were not disappointed.

You are going to love this place not so much for what it is today, but for what it was. Fortunately, the glorious history of this place still shines through, although with just a bit of tarnish here and there on the trim. The lobby bar/lounge is huge. Both it, and the people who congregate there, seem to be right out of the 50's. The restaurant is huge, and sadly, not very well patronized, nor is the food particularly outstanding. My recommendation is to by all means have breakfast there. The sun is pouring into the huge floor-to-ceiling windows revealing all of the charm that was once the Arlington in the glory days.

We did the spa treatment. It is a classic spa from the 20's It was fun. You should, by all means, try it.

If you are thinking about a road trip then by all means try out Central Arkansas and put the Arlington in your plans for a night or two. Remember, it is going to be a very pleasant review of the mid 20th century, not the most up-to-date luxury spa of today's world.

Room Tip: We went for as high as they had, facing the street. View was great and it was quiet, not because th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Benton, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We loved our stay at the Arlington. I read a lot of reviews about it being old and people disliking it for that reason. Yes, the hotel is old. But that is the charm! It is beautiful and very clean. It has the perfect location. We enjoyed sitting at the bar and having cocktails before and after dinner. Live music was playing and our bartender was very attentive. No complaints here! We will always stay at the Arlington from now on!

Room Tip: We loved our view of downtown Hot Springs!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!