“I am so sad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hot Springs
Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa
239 Central Ave., Hot Springs, AR 71901   |
Ranked #13 of 38 hotels in Hot Springs
Springfield, Missouri
“I am so sad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

It breaks my heart to give the Arlington Hotel an average. I've gone there for years and years. It's really changed they must have new owners or something. It all started with the bellman who helped with the luggage. He threw everything on the bed and he was just rude. Next we had TV problems. The remote wouldn't work. They brought another and then they had to bring in a new tv. This took up most of our evening. We oredered room service. The grilled cheese used to be a real gourmet treat. It was awful and avergae!! The room looked 85 years old. We waited for our car and it took us 20 minutes to get out of there. The old famous seafood buffett was so so so sad. Just a few fried choices. Way overpriced. My heart is broken..... Another good piece of America passes by.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ArlingtonGM, General Manager at Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
There are no excuses for the bell service and apologize for the condition of the TV and remote. I feel confident in the food quality with our new Chef and menu in 2013 for not only room service but the Seafood buffet.

807 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently took a trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas and spent the night at the Arlington Hotel. This is a very old hotel, built in the 1920's if I remember correctly. There is a great deal of history at the hotel including a stay by Al Capone and his gang who rented an entire floor of the hotel. The rooms are average in size and have been modernized to a degree. The bathroom fixtures maintain the integrity of the age of the hotel, but are not very user friendly. There have been reports that the hotel is haunted, and although I don't believe in ghosts, there were several incidents that happened during the night to make me wonder. All of these "ghostly" occurances are easily explained, however, it was fun to think just maybe it really was haunted. I am glad to have stayed at the hotel during this trip, but I'm not sure I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
We are always questioned about the hotel being haunted. It is fun and has become part of the history. Everyone should try our hotel.

Denton, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Arlington to celebrate New Years and New Years Eve. The package offered was excellent.including an two breakfasts and a fantastic New Years Eve Party. The Big Band was great. If you attended the formal big band party you could rotate between that room and the ballroom with the contempory music and band. The hotel is a great piece of our American history. We love the lobby bar with entertainment nightly.

Room Tip: Be sure to select a park view room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We will be doing the same parties in both rooms as we have done for many, many years. The staff looks forward to the decorating and entertaining all of our guests.

Appreciate the feedback !

BARTLETT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've only been to the Hot Springs area maybe 3 times in my life. Its only 3 hours or so from Memphis, but it just doesn't register as a place to frequent. Its been about 10 years since my last visit.

Our first 2 nights were spent in another hotel during the Martin Luther King holiday weekend. I thought it might be a good idea to spend the last night here in the Arlington. It has a lot of history. My mother talked about it when I was growing up. I don't know if she ever stayed here, but the one time we visited when I was young my parents talked about how the hot water coming from the springs might heal certain ills. This area of Hot Springs is getting very run down. The National Park area is nice and well kept up, but the private areas are looking old. Many of the mid-century hotels are closed and falling apart or re-purposed into shopping venues. The Arlington might be falling into one of these categories. The lobby is nice. However the room needs upgrading. At this price, we should have had a larger flat-screen TV and a better channel selection. The king size bed was nice, but not as comfortable as the other hotel at about half this price. The bathroom was clean, but as most of the walls in the room, it looked to have several dozen coats of paint. The carpet again was clean, but didn't seem to go with the decor of the room.

With everything going the way of this "Bath-house Row" area, I'm afraid this hotel won't be open very long. I would hate to see this area go away. It would be a great loss for Arkansas as well as the entire South.

Room Tip: No help here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
It is certainly not my plan to close this hotel as others have closed here in Hot Springs. I was pleased you found the hotel clean. I was surprised at the mattress comments considering we changed them just two years ago. The carpet and t v replacement is ongoing.

NW Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I love the history of the hotel and appreciate the effort put forward to keep it operating. However, the rooms are in great need of updating. The staff is attentive. The spa is relaxing. If you want a step back in time this is the place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Carthage,Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had a parlour suite at the Arlington Hotel on the 9th floor. The room was absolutely beautiful. I also went to the spa in the hotel and had a mineral bath and massage and i loved it. Would definitely do the spa again and stay in the hotel. Also we went down to the lobby and had drinks at the bar and listened to the jazz band they had playing. We loved the atmosphere and the old architecture of the foyer and lobby not to mention the history. I highly reccommend staying at the Arlington to anyone...its Fabulous!! Thank you Arlington Hotel and staff.

Room Tip: Definittely get a parlour suite they are awesome and beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I decided to split our 12 hour drive from South Fulton TN to Austin TX by staying overnight at the Arlington Hotel. We did research online to try and find a haunted hotel that we could stay at and this one had such a cool gangster history we decided on it. After reading many reviews we went in with an open mind that it would be old and not as clean as we are used too when we travel. The hotel is very charming and the room was not bad for $89 a night, we stayed on the rd floor and had a nice view of downtown. The room was comfortable though a bit chilly even after cranking the heat up as high as it would go and the restroom was cute but the floors were not very clean. The noise factor was about medium, you could hear people talking very clear in the next room and in the hallway. You could also hear every time someone flushed or ran the shower in the rooms above and next to you. Internet service was very slow and TV was limited, they have a russian news channel which I found to be a bit odd. We didn't experience any ghosts but we still enjoyed our stay in this unique hotel and we would stay there again. We did not eat at the hotel or use the spa services since we were only there one night but maybe next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Arlington Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!