“I love Candlewood Suites but this property has to step up it's customer service.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Hot Springs

Save 10-30%
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Hot Springs
Nashville TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stay at Candlewood Suites because we have a small dog who likes to travel with us. We have stayed at several Candlewoods with her. I would like to say upon first impressions it was great. Very clean. Staff on night shift very accomadating. The Pool & Social areas were clean at all times. We met 2 other couples & some others who choose to grill. We had a blast & met some good friends. The night shift gentlemen kept the pool opened for us 1 hr later than posted. John the pool guy always had a Good Morning I just had a problem with my trash. I just wanted to empty after 4 days. Read the sign in the room & followed directions could not find can. Went to front desk they did tell me where it was located. Went down again. No Trash can. I guess at that point I could have found a green box. But, once again I went to front desk. At this point they treated me like what r u talking about. I don't want your trash. I asked them to show me where it was.Blonde girl wanted no part of it so other gentlemen showed me where to put it. Walking to it & him not finding a place for my trash "Oh I guess your right" Yes, Point Proven. I'm the customer. Do you really have to tell your guest where the garbage goes? 3 times. Walk with your trash.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear cjhardy2,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts regarding your experience on your recent stay. I'm happy to hear our convenient location suited your needs. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. However, I'm sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the service you received from our front desk staff and housekeeping services. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Longview, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We checked in on Thursday afternoon and there was a little problem with the room but they fixed it right away and our whole stay was great. Housekeeping swapped out our towels for us daily as we were in and out of the pool and went to the waterpark. We stayed in mid July 2012 and the weather was great as were the staff here at Candlewood. We are going back in 2 weeks for a concert and staying here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CandlewoodSuites3404, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Recent Guest:

Thank you for your nice comments concerning Candlewood Suites in Hot Springs.

We appreciate your review and will make every effort to meet and exceed your expectations in the future.

We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Cordially,

Paula Driver, Director of Sales
Byhalia, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family and I decided to take a quick summer trip before school starts back and chose to make Candlewood our hotel of choice. Upon entering the room, I was not impressed. The room was fairly small for 2 girls, 14 and 11 years old, and mom and dad so I called the front desk and asked if we could be moved to a bigger room and that I didn't mind paying the difference in price if any. At first I thought this may be a problem because they looked pretty booked. The lady at the front desk was extremely nice and said she would check and call me back. Within 15 minutes, we were onto another suite. VERY PLEASED. The room was a nice size, very clean and "homey" feeling. We would definitely stay here again. From the staff who were very nice and accomodating, to the cleanliness of the room, to the on-site 24/7 day convenience store, "The Cupboard", my family and I were extremely pleased and comfortable. And it's also only about 5 miles from Magic Springs which was the purpose for our vacation here.
Thank you Candlewood Staff. I will definitely be returning.

The Woodlands, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

OK, I must confess that I thought several of the reviews must be exaggerating concerning the air conditioner. How could a major hotel change blow the air conditioning system so badly- right? Well they did. When I walked into the first room I was issued at 9:00pm on a hot summer's day it felt wet and had a very bad odor. I decided immediately that the room must have had water damage and I didn't want my belongings smelling like the room. Called down and was moved to another room which didn't seem to have the same water problem. However, as soon as I opened the door the AC was blaring. I assumed they'd turned it up and went over to adjust. As it turns out there is no "fan" adjustment, only a temperature adjustment on the wall. Well after two days of moving temperatures up or down, I concluded that the air conditioner blew full blast anytime you were in the room and moving about. I would turn it off when I couldn't take the loud blaring sound. Then when the room heated up, I'd turn it back on until it cooled down. To say it is a pain and extremely annoying is an understatement. Room was OK but hall carpets needed a good cleaning. Other than the AC, room was OK and bed comfortable but nothing special and DEFINITELY not worth the AC issues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Texas_Gypsie,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Hot Springs and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. With the extreme heat we have seen in the city for some time now, I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed one night on the weekend, had a queen studio suite, paid $120. Had never stayed at this hotel chain, wasnt impressed at all, other than staff was very friendly. Room a/c wouldnt stop unless we unplugged it , so that was an ongoing battle. Then the toilet didnt have a lid, so be careful if you accidentally drop anything from the counter. Bed slept horrible, lumpy. This room wasnt worth $120, and hotel is located at the top of a hill ( beware when crossing traffic- can be tricky). Wouldnt recommend.

louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night based on what was available from best reviews. The front desk people were very nice at this newer hotel. The room was a clean one bedroom suite. The bed was one of the worst hotels beds I have ever slept on. There was no minimal breakfast included.

Eminence, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My mom and I stayed here a night while we visited Hot Springs. Room was plenty big enough for the two of us, would be good for family on extended stay. Rooms were clean, service at the desk was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Hot Springs? Share your experiences!