“Not a good start, but, very pleased” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Hot Springs
Byhalia, Mississippi
“Not a good start, but, very pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family and I decided to take a quick summer trip before school starts back and chose to make Candlewood our hotel of choice. Upon entering the room, I was not impressed. The room was fairly small for 2 girls, 14 and 11 years old, and mom and dad so I called the front desk and asked if we could be moved to a bigger room and that I didn't mind paying the difference in price if any. At first I thought this may be a problem because they looked pretty booked. The lady at the front desk was extremely nice and said she would check and call me back. Within 15 minutes, we were onto another suite. VERY PLEASED. The room was a nice size, very clean and "homey" feeling. We would definitely stay here again. From the staff who were very nice and accomodating, to the cleanliness of the room, to the on-site 24/7 day convenience store, "The Cupboard", my family and I were extremely pleased and comfortable. And it's also only about 5 miles from Magic Springs which was the purpose for our vacation here.
Thank you Candlewood Staff. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
The Woodlands, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

OK, I must confess that I thought several of the reviews must be exaggerating concerning the air conditioner. How could a major hotel change blow the air conditioning system so badly- right? Well they did. When I walked into the first room I was issued at 9:00pm on a hot summer's day it felt wet and had a very bad odor. I decided immediately that the room must have had water damage and I didn't want my belongings smelling like the room. Called down and was moved to another room which didn't seem to have the same water problem. However, as soon as I opened the door the AC was blaring. I assumed they'd turned it up and went over to adjust. As it turns out there is no "fan" adjustment, only a temperature adjustment on the wall. Well after two days of moving temperatures up or down, I concluded that the air conditioner blew full blast anytime you were in the room and moving about. I would turn it off when I couldn't take the loud blaring sound. Then when the room heated up, I'd turn it back on until it cooled down. To say it is a pain and extremely annoying is an understatement. Room was OK but hall carpets needed a good cleaning. Other than the AC, room was OK and bed comfortable but nothing special and DEFINITELY not worth the AC issues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Texas_Gypsie,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Hot Springs and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning issue you experienced. With the extreme heat we have seen in the city for some time now, I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed one night on the weekend, had a queen studio suite, paid $120. Had never stayed at this hotel chain, wasnt impressed at all, other than staff was very friendly. Room a/c wouldnt stop unless we unplugged it , so that was an ongoing battle. Then the toilet didnt have a lid, so be careful if you accidentally drop anything from the counter. Bed slept horrible, lumpy. This room wasnt worth $120, and hotel is located at the top of a hill ( beware when crossing traffic- can be tricky). Wouldnt recommend.

louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night based on what was available from best reviews. The front desk people were very nice at this newer hotel. The room was a clean one bedroom suite. The bed was one of the worst hotels beds I have ever slept on. There was no minimal breakfast included.

Eminence, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My mom and I stayed here a night while we visited Hot Springs. Room was plenty big enough for the two of us, would be good for family on extended stay. Rooms were clean, service at the desk was good.

Springdale, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel is ok if you are looking for a clean bargain price hotel. No great extras and they need to do a better job of cleaning. Wont stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear busymomsec,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments. I am glad you found our location and staff service satisfactory. I want to assure you we work hard to ensure our facilities are superior and we strive to be the best Candlewood Suites around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Enjoyed this hotel a lot! Had the queen studio and it was perfect! The fridge was big and there was lots of space. Clean comfy and friendly!!!! Great location just minutes from downtown and across the street from yummy mexican restaurant Nom Nom! The Best part of all they offer FREE laundry machines!!!!!!!!! (BYO detergent) and they were nice. were mid-way thru a road trip so we had a full bag of dirty laundry to do that is now clean!!! Also they are pet friendly!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Hot Springs? Share your experiences!