“2nd time's the charm” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 228 restaurants in Hot Springs
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Diner, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Family owned and operated since 1940, and serving breakfast exclusively, including pancakes, omelets, home-made sausage, hickory-smoked ham, French Toast, and fresh-squeezed orange juice, among other offerings. Featured in The New York Times , Southern Living, and Food Network Magazine. Historic Downtown Hot Springs, Arkansas.
houston
“2nd time's the charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

First visit was on a Sunday--bad idea and not worth the 90 min. wait. The next day's visit was a totally different experience; no wait and our order arrived promptly. Pancakes, ham, bacon, all delicious. My over-easy eggs were too runny with uncooked egg whites. If I ever return to Hot Springs, I'll be back.

Visited February 2012

72% Recommend
Mansfield
“A Gem of a Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Wow, what a find--10 years ago. We LOVE eating here and make it a point to eat at least 1x when in Hot Springs. The pancakes are BIG and I mean BIG. The fill the whole plate, so PLEASE, eat from the middle part 1st. Slice a little hole to add syrup, or otherwise, the maple syrup will go in lap. (ha ha--speaking from experience).
I love the blueberry and the pecan pancakes---a need to try! The homemade sausage is like I remember as a kid.
They are open early and close by at least 11, so go down and enjoy a REAL breakfast.
We have even drove to Hot Springs --for pancakes--yes we drove 2 hrs to eat here--does that tell ya'll something?
Enjoy----

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“So - So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We were referred here as it was to have the best breakfast in town. It was mediocre. I always hate it when places who serve coffee don't serve real creamer - or have more options other than white sugar and splenda. I ordered the peach pancakes thinking the peaches would be cooked into the waffles - no, instead I was served a waffle with a little bowl of 3 peaches from a can. The turkey sausage however was quite good.

Visited December 2011
Sulphur Springs, Texas
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Loved this great little place. Sorry that we waited the last day of our trip to eat here. Very yummy!

Visited December 2011
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Wonderful place - good food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

There is nothing to complain about this place. The interior is neat and clean. We had a wonderful scrambled egg. The toasts were excellent. They served apple jam and apple spread which were fresh. I'm sure they use good quality butter and syrup for the pancakes. I really enjoyed all the food from this restaurant. The only issue was that this restaurant does not accept credit cards.

Visited November 2011