“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Hot Springs
Ireland
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I enjoyed our stay at this hotel, we had a 2 bedroom suite, and each bedroom had its own bathroom, which was great. The kitchen was well supplied.

Breakfast was supplied and was lovely. The handy thing also was that the hotel supplied a complimentary laundry facilities and a business centre.

There was a lovely pool & nice outdoor seating area.

I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Eire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights - we had a 2 bedroom suite. It was perfect!! The hotel is very modern and clean - it had laundry facilities and good pool and fitness centre. It also had free WiFi which was great! I just cannot fault this hotel - it was a most memorable stay!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Hot Springs, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

My son and I took a three week road trip. I made a two night reservation on-line for Staybridge months ahead of our stay. When we got to Hot Springs, we decided that we'd rather stay just for one night instead of two. I was aware of the policy of no refund but decided to ask at the desk anyway, because we had experienced the same situation earlier in our travels, and that hotel waived their policy and accommodated a cancellation. I specifically asked the person at the front desk that,if there was not a penalty, I'd like to cancel the second night. He went ahead and cancelled the second night. However, when I checked out in the morning, the charge for a second night was still on the bill. I talked with the manager, who told me that "as you know, when you book on-line, you've already paid." When I asked her about honoring an employee's actions, she told me she would need to call the person. We did decide to stay due to the cost of the room. I asked for another room, since our headboard and blanket were dirty. To make a long story short, we had a dirty room, and the staff was very unaccommodating with a bit of attitude. Won't be staying at a Staybridge again!

• Stayed July 2010
StaybridgeHotSprings, Manager at Staybridge Suites Hot Springs, responded to this review, November 10, 2010
Unfortunately, the guest who wrote the above review was confused. When making an advanced purchase reservation online, like the guest did, you must agree twice to the rules and regulations of the reservation being nonchangeable and nonrefundable, due to the lower rate you are getting in return.

When speaking to our agent at the front desk, our agent was under the impression that the guest wanted to stay an additonal night but was not sure and wanted to know if they would be charged for it. Our agent correctly informed them no, they would not, since it was outside of their advanced purchase reservation.

The guest did not talk to management before leaving, since I am the General Manager and I was never approached by this guest until after they had left the hotel.
Branson, Mo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

The hotel is very new, so you would think it would be very clean right. Wrong. We got a one bedroom suite. The kitchen are had tile floors that when you walked on them seemed sticky. I thought the tiles were variegated in color and sometime with rubber sole shoes tile can feel different. Same in the bathroom. First day we didn't get our room cleaned till 5 in the afternoon. The rest of the time it was clean when we got back to our room. The second day I really looked at the floor in the kitchen and it wasn't variegated tile it was just dirty. So dirty they could not have cleaned it for months. Same in the bathroom. I didn't say anything because we were leaving anyway, but I should have told the Manager. All in all the stay at the hotel was nice but not a very clean suite.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Shreveport, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

My husband & I went to Hot Springs for just an overnight getaway from Shreveport. After reading TripAdvisor recommendations, I made online reservations at the Staybridge Suites. About 3 weeks after making the reservation & one week before our stay, I noticed that the online rate had gone down by $20. I called the 800# for Staybridge & their rep very cheerfully changed my rate to the new lower one. So, I had a good opinion before even arriving in Hot Springs.
We arrived at noon (3 hours before check-in time) but our room was ready, & they were happy to have us check in early. The staff person was very nice and helpful. I asked her where we might get a sandwich for lunch. She recommended San Francisco Bread Company a few miles down Hwy 7, gave us a brochure with a map and told us directions. (And, by the way, the sandwiches & cheesecake there were wonderful!) We then went & walked through Garvan Gardens, which was very nice. I'd love to go again when the temperature is not in the mid-90's.
Our queen room at Staybridge was very nice. It had a full kitchenette, a desk and sofa, and a nice bathroom. I always like it when a hotel room has the sink and vanity portion of the bathroom outside of the toilet/tub room. It makes getting ready so much easier. The room did not have a tub, just a nice big shower. This was fine for us, but I know when our kids travel with our grandchildren, they do like to have a tub. So you may want to ask if any rooms have tubs if that is something you need. We had a partial view of the lake. We swam in the pool & were the only ones in it. It was very nice. Also used the spa tub at the pool & it was great, too.
We had dinner at Fisherman's Wharf, which was I think less than a mile from the hotel right across the bridge. We had eaten here last year, and found it to be delicious both times. It's very popular, though, so you need to arrive early and be prepared for a wait for a table.
Back to the hotel...there was a card on the bed expressing the comfort & selection of pillows that were in the room. There were even 2 down pillows in zippered bags in the closet. Of the 6 pillows, I couldn't find one that was comfortable for me at all. I had a difficult time falling asleep because of that. The bed, however, I found to be very comfortable. I can see how this hotel could be noisy. We were on the 3rd floor, and could hear kids running above us several times. It didn't last long & it wasn't late in the night when it happened. But it might be wise to ask for a 4th floor room (as high as it goes) so you won't hear noise from above you. Plus, you'd have an even better lake view.
Another small negative for me (nitpicky, I know!) was the texture of the bath towels. They were kind of thin, but with a pebbly sort of texture. They weren't very absorbent & sort of irritated my skin trying to get dry. It's a small thing, I know, Staybridge, but I really prefer a nice big fluffy absorbent bath towel, please.
The breakfast buffet on Sunday (included with the room) was very nice. There were nicely cooked scrambled eggs, sausage patties & biscuits, along with regular muffins, bagels and cereal. We found plenty of food available, but it was Sunday and we were early. Orange juice was good. But the coffee really topped it off! It was Wolfgang Puck brand & they had a variety of flavored creamers for it. Yum!
The Staybridge had free wi-fi, which connected very easily.

Okay, to review...I would love to stay at this hotel again in a fourth floor room, with my own pillow (& possibly bath towel!) from home.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010 via mobile

We stayed in a queen studio although it should be called a full. The bed it a fullsize with a queen headboard and queen size blanket. This room also does not have a tub only a shower the size of a tub. The noise at night was horrible the staff could never control a basketball team staying here. It took all the guests calling corporate office and after 2 nights of horrible they finally kicked them out. The breakfeast would have been good if there would have been any food. They hardly cooked anything and it was gone as soon as it was put out. When I questioned the staff about the bed size they just got real defensive and said it is a smaller queen. At what point I asked what size bed is the couch bed and the manger said it was a full both mattress are the same size. Also the beds are as hard as a rock.

• Stayed June 2010
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

We reserved a room late on a holiday weekend, and although we requested non smoking, none were available. The smoke smell just about knocked us over when we walked into our room. We asked for another room, and the only other one was also a smoking room, but a tiny bit better. They were very nice and tried to put an ionizer machine in the room, but it still reeked, and made all of our clothes and belongings reek as well.

Everything else about this hotel is wonderful. We had a great water view, and were able to watch the sunset over the water. Staff was very friendly. The place was clean, with modern furnishings. Beds were comfortable, and the room was spacious.

So, make sure you get a non-smoking room, or bring your own Febreze!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Hot Springs? Share your experiences!