“Quick overnight trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Chillicothe
Buffalo Grove, United States
“Quick overnight trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel was clean, comfortable, and had all the amenities I wanted. Plenty of space for 3. Breakfast was very welcome, having a choice of pancakes and hot biscuits and gravy, as well as fruit and cereal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWAdenaInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Adena Inn, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Mark S,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor! I am so pleased to hear that you got to enjoy our amenities and that our staff made you feel welcome and comfortable and that you enjoyed our breakfast as well! We look forward to your return trip!
Thanks again,
Mahaley Frasure-AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Nancy, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed there two nights and loved this hotel. From the BW website we thought it would be located in some remote area, in fact no ! It is at the entrance of the town, and is adjacent to stores and very close to several good restaurants like a Longhorn Steakhouse and Tumbleweed Southwest Grill (excellent food / walking distance). And Chillicothe Mall is just across the street !
Yet the hotel and its surroundings are very quiet.
Our room was so comfortable, very good beds, we wish we could have stayed longer. Could park our car just in front of our room window, we love that. Was nice to enjoy the outside pool also by a warm and sunny day.
Breakfast was excellent. Eggs & gravy, fruits, cereals... They also have a pancakes machine which makes your pancakes, was really nice. But we arrived too late for the pancakes on the first morning as breakfast closes at 9am.
The hotel is very conveniently located for Tecumseh Outdoor Drama, it's not a long drive.
The woman at front desk was particularly friendly & pro, always a smile on her face, always ready to help. I think her name was Molly. We really appreciated.
We'll definitively come back to this hotel next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BWAdenaInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Adena Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear CathyAnne,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback on TripAdvisor.com. Your satisfaction is very important to us and I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a wonderful stay. I do hope to see you again soon, if you are ever in our area again! If you ever need anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact me @ 740-775-7000. Thanks again!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I would definetly recommend this hotel. Very nice room. Excellet breakfast buffet. Nice swimming pool. Also, very friendly and helpful staff. It was close to all shoppng centers and resturants but still was located such that it was back away from the main street to accomodate a quiet zone for clients to sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWAdenaInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Adena Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
On behalf of our entire team, I want to say thank you so much for leaving such an awesome review about your recent stay at our property. For our guests to take their time to tell us and the "internet world" about how impressed you were with your stay was makes me and my staff feel like we did our job! We always put our guests first and make sure they have everything they need to provide a pleasurable and stay! We are surrounded by several shopping centers and restaurants, which make it nice for our guests to have so many dinning and shopping options available. But, like you stated our location is still situated in a quiet area in the mist of all the shopping and dining! Please feel free to contact myself or the front desk if you ever need anything in the future @ 740-775-7000.
Thanks again,
Mahaley Frasure
AGM
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family was in town for our son's wedding. We booked a group of rooms for family. The rooms were beautiful, the beds comfortable, and the staff was excellent. Our experience was great. The kids really enjoyed the pool! The breakfast was better than most hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am so happy that our rooms clean and comfortable for you and your group. Our housekeeping staff takes much pride into making sure our rooms are always clean! I am glad that we were able to provide you with a superior experience. Our outdoor pool is always the kid’s favorite! I'm glad the weather was cooperative with you to be able to utilize the pool for some fun summer entertainment! Guests really seem to like our breakfast as well and I am glad your family enjoyed it also! If I can ever be of any assistance in the future, please give me a call at 740-775-7000.
Thanks,
Mahaley Frasure
AGM
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while in Chillicothe for the show, Tecumseh and other historic sightseeing. The room was clean and well maintained. There was both a microwave and refrigerator in the room which was very convenient. This hotel is close to the outdoor drama, Tecumseh, as well as other historic sights (Adena Mansion and Museum and the Mound City Group). The breakfast was above average, but not excellent. There were eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, bagels, danishes, yogurts, bananas and pancakes. We would have liked a "meat" choice such as sausage or bacon, but that was not available. Coffee, tea, milk and juices (orange and apple) were also available. The air conditioning unit was a bit noisy throughout the night. The price was great compared to other hotels only a few blocks away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWAdenaInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Adena Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear VacationLover2323,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.com. This website is a great tool to let travelers and consumers know other's peoples experiences. This site also helps us know what we are doing right and what we could improve on. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in providing a clean, comfortable place for our guests to stay. We are located close to all of the historical attractions that you have mentioned and we are the closest hotel to Tecumseh the Outdoor Drama. I do hope that you will come visit us again if you are ever in our area! If you ever need anything in the future please feel free to call us @ 740-775-7000. Thanks again for leaving us some feedback.
Best Wishes,
Wilmerding, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

all though the staff was extremely helpful, our rooms had ants and i didn't feel i got what i paid for. the hotel was very close to many shopping areas and restaurants which was a plus. the laundry facility was unavailable because the washer and dryers were defective. for the money i paid for two rooms i was not impressed with the overall appearance of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWAdenaInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Adena Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Jacquelyn R,
I want to apologize to you for not meeting your expectations. We did just complete a remodel a few months ago and now we are working on the landscaping to brighten up our appearance on the exterior of our building. I do not know where the ants came from in your room but we did have our extermination company come in and spray the day you checked out to solve the issue. I definitely appreciate you informing us so we could take care of the problem. Trust me this is not typical of our hotel.

We do not have a guest laundry facility so I do apologize about any inconveniences this may have caused you during your stay with us. We refer our guests to the coin Laundromat which is directly behind us in the shopping center.

We are located right in the heart of Bridge Street, which does offer several dining options and shopping centers, several of which is within walking distance.

Thank you so much for leaving us and other fellow Trip Advisor’s feedback about your stay at our property. I love hearing guest’s feedback, good or bad, that way we know what we are doing well and what we need to improve on. I hope you come back and see us again soon.

Take Care,
grayslake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Traveling through Ohio from Illinois to the east coast, our family needed an affordable place to stay. The price was right for a clean room, friendly staff, and yummy breakfast. The location and exterior aren't impressive, but don't judge a book by its cover. The staff was incredibly helpful and made great suggestions for dining and activities close by with 2 kids in tow. It was raining when we arrived, so we didn't swim, but the pool looked very clean and we would have swam if the weather cooperated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BWAdenaInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Adena Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear mrsv18,
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We did undergo a major renovation over the winter months and our last project is the landscaping, in which we are working on as we speak! Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your stay at our property. By telling us what we did right and what we need to work on is what keeps us on our toes. I love hearing about our guest’s experiences, good or bad. I'm glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. I think we have an awesome breakfast to offer our guests every morning. We pride ourselves in providing superior customer service to our guests and I'm glad we were able to provide that to you! Thanks once again for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor.
Thanks and I hope to see you again,
Mahaley Frasure-AGM

Been to BEST WESTERN Adena Inn? Share your experiences!