“Good Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 hotels in Chillicothe
Chester, West Virginia
“Good Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We always look at every hotel's rooms before we commit to stay at any hotel. Then if we want to look around some more, it's our option too. We happened to stop here first on our trip to Chillicothe OH. After we looked at the room we liked it but still wanted to look at the other hotels in the area also. So we left here with the option to reserve online later and went down the road to another hotel close by. We'll we liked this Best Western better that the other guy in town because our room smelled cleaner than the other guy's.... We had a good experience here, our room was very clean and smelled good, and quiet. We stayed on the top floor (2nd floor) in a quiet corner, 2 nights same room. Fast Wi-Fi. Nice shower head. AC worked great. Bed was real comfy. No elevator so we had to carry our stuff up stairs. Breakfast was hot food, biscuit's and gravy, eggs, pastry etc...
If we are ever in the area again.... We'll stay here !

Room Tip: Top floor... Corners (end of the hall) are the quietest.....
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
anywhere, usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

Recently updated rooms, new bedding and paint. Rooms smelled fresh and were extremely clean. Housekeeping staff was super nice and gave us extra towles when we asked. The front desk staff was awesome, they were all very knowledgable about the area and very helpful on suggesting a place to eat. I don't know who wrote these other reviews but they were not true on our visit. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in the Chillicothe area. Great price, nice clean rooms and a great staff...what else could a person want?

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
El Dorado Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Well I was returning from a play with my sister and sick brother. The lady at the front desk was but she gave us a room on the top floor. Well my brother started vomiting and getting a high fever we went to the ice machine it was broken. So we used the ice bucket as a vomit bucket. The beds were terrible too the sheets smelled like pee and they were sticky.so we called the front desk and they said they were closed. So when we got checked out we got a call saying that they are charging us for the ice bucket. Oh and the shower and toilet didn't work. Don't stay here never stay here stay on the street instead.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Stayed here for 2 weeks due to my husbands job. We travel with much luggage as we are away from home for months. Anyway the rooms are quite small, but clean and well stocked. The housekeeping staff was tremendously astounding. I felt like family here even though noone knew us we were treated so great. Mrs. Connie if you get this message thank you for a wonderful stay. We had our pet with us and she was more than welcome also. Thank you to all of the Best Western staff in this area.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
mineral city ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

We arrieved no problem our room was ready. They have no elevator so asked to be on first floor no problem the switched it around so we could be on the first floor. The room appearance was over all just ok. When my son went to bathroom and turned on the light a sound from the fan crickety sound we just laughed I thought it was a short in the wireing but then found out it was the fan. Then of course we were trying to settle in and seen the door to adjoining room would not lock correctly. Got the lady from the front desk and she looked at it -she stated I wonder why not one ever brought this to our attention- Me and my mom said some one had they just didnt do anything about it. When we went to bed that night our main door was our night light. you could see all the way around the door with light from the hall comming in.? My kids feet turned green I think from the old carpet in the place. This place needs a update badly. Staff was over all really nice. The breakfast was okay -frozen waffels,bread,bagels,biskets frozen, sausage gravy, and egg disks, fruit, ect ....
Will not stay here again It needs a update big time. This was just a place to sleep if you need to.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
virgina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2009

I have to say this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms were freezing, the lights didn't work, the remote for the TV was missing batteries and worst of all I found poop in my bed. Yes, actual human poop that seemed to have been there for a long time, which leads me to believe the maids rarely thoroughly clean the room. Upon alerting the staff and showing them the mess, they changed rooms immediately, which was just as cold and was missing a remote. I feel that the manager upon being alerted of the feces situation should have immediately offered some sort of discount for this atrocity. Although conveniently located, I would never recommend this establishment to anyone.

Stayed January 2009
The East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

Anyone who is coming to Chillicothe for any reason, whether it be to attend the Recording Workshop (in my case) or just to visit Ohio's first capital needs to know about the Best Western Adena Inn.

In my opinion it is the best hotel in town to stay at with the kindest staff around. They made sure my weeklong stay at this hotel was the most comfortable one that I would have in this area, and believe me, they definitely did their job.

I was one of the RecW students stranded with nowhere to go after the seven week programs ended and the last NewTech week started. With this in mind I took into myself factors in what I wanted in the place I was staying at: comfortability, professionalism and safety.

The room I checked into was exceptionally clean and very well kept. I was constantly provided with fresh towels, toiletries and linens, and the cleaning staff is incredilby polite, willing to get you whatever you need to make sure that the room is definitely more than up to standards. The manager was even kind enough to take a bed out of the room and replace it with a more comfortable one. He did not have to do that and had completed this task on his own whim, which highly impressed me.

Their staff is so polite one would wonder how someone could be so nice. In my opinion it is just the way they are. They bent backwards over me when they heard of my plight being stranded in an unfarmiliar town with no one to call a friend and were there to make sure I had everything I needed, even making sure my baggage was safe as I attended the last part of school, watching my bags for me after I had checked out.

They even made sure I had transportation to anywhere I was going to, making sure that the local cab service was contacted everytime without fail to take me anywhere I needed to go.

In my opinion this hotel is the best in Chillicothe. When I return here for business I will not stay anywhere else. This BW has my business for life. I highly recommend that if you are in the area and need a great, safe place to stay with a staff that is not only incredibly gracious and kind but will make sure you are more than well taken care of, stay at the Best Western Adena Inn.

For their kindness they have my utmost gratitude and respect.

• Liked — Read my review and this should answer all your questions.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Adena Inn? Share your experiences!