“Nicely remodeled HI Express” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East

You added Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1003 East Main Street, Chillicothe, OH 45601 (Formerly Chillicothe Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Chillicothe
“Nicely remodeled HI Express”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We used to stay here when this HI Express was first built. After several years it changed hands and went downhill fast. We were glad to see that Holiday Inn has remodeled the hotel and brought it back up to its quality level of service and accommodations. We will definitely stay here again!

It is located away from the main shopping and restaurant area but that is a benefit as far as I'm concerned since it makes it quieter. I don't mind having to drive a little to find food.

We didn't use the pool but saw quite a few who did. Would be nice if it had a hot tub.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear kchappelow,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I am very glad that you decided to give the new Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe a try! It means a lot to us when we hear that our guests enjoyed their stay. We spent a great deal of time and effort with our new ownership and management company to make this a great hotel that guests love. Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and we hope to see you again soon!

DeeJay Howard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very friendly and accomodating front desk staff. Breakfast staff lady was very nice, and kept the area well stocked and immaculate. Staff went out of their way to assist me every time I visited. I could not say enough good things about them. The only downfall was in the housekeeping department. This could use a little improvement. It appears that the rugs in the rooms were not vaccumed daily, and they may not have a "double-checker" going behind the staff to confirm everything is up to snuff. Overall, the rooms are neat, clean, and perfect, but there may be one or two housekeepers that just need some re-training. Don't let that stop you from staying there though. It was definately the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Its_Me449,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at our hotel. We love hearing positive feedback and areas where we need to improve. We are constantly providing ongoing training to our employees in order to provide you with a great hotel and wonderful experience. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and we hope to see you again soon!

Davisburg, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Myself, son and his friend travelled from Virginia on Sunday evening toward Michigan and did not have any hotel reservation. We finally had enough travel and decided to stop in Ohio and came upon a Holiday Inn (we stayed at 2 different H.I.s in Virginia which were great!). We were extremely tired and didn't want to drive anymore and the front desk was extremely helpful in securing a room for us. All I can say is this Holiday Inn is amazing; beautifully decorated if you like ultra-modern decor, clean and comfortable. The hotel is fairly new and the lobby area and breakfast areas were beautiful and clean. The boys did not have a chance to swim, but we did partake in breakfast which was very good. Unfortunately they ran out of pancake mixture, but there was much to choose from. Thank you for a comfortable night's stay!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Tracey T,

I'm glad to hear about your amazing experience here at our hotel. Thank you so much for all your kind words. There was a lot of time and preparation that take took place for our renovation and it turned out to be a very beautiful transformation. We take much pride in our hotel and want to make sure each and every guest has a wonderful experience. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again!

South Suburb of Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice stay, average Holiday Inn, very friendly staff. Beds were comfortable but did not sleep well, hot hotels fault. Good breakfast variety and wonderful breakfast staff, made you feel like family and cleaned so well when tables were emptied. Very impressive. We are priority members and love the holiday inn hotels, this lived up to expectations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear eeyore65,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We love hearing from our guests. I am very happy to hear you had a comfortable stay and we treated you like family. We strive to make it your home away from home. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and thank you again for your wonderful feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Caught on the road, late at night, in a bad snowstorm, I would have settled for any accommodation to get out of the weather. However, when I walked into the lobby of this motel, I felt welcomed by the warmth (figurative and literal) of the facility and the service of the person at the desk. The room was exceptionally nice. The price of the room was a good value. The experience was much better than I have had at other motels within an hour's drive of Chillicothe, -both directions, on my frequent journeys through that part of Ohio. I will happily stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear SRDslz,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback, we really appreciate it. I am so happy to hear you felt very welcomed and overall had a great experience. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and service we provide. I will be sure to pass the kind words onto our staff so they will know how they are doing. Again thank you so much! I hope to see you again soon, hopefully with better weather conditions next time!

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

When I couldn't get into the hotel I normally stay at in Chillicothe, I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and was pleasantly surpirsed by the quality of the room and cleanliness of the hotel. Breakfast is the same as other Holiday Inn Express locations so nothing to brag about, but it certainly gets the job done. This hotel is newer or has been recently remodeled. It's a nice option in the area and I'm sure I'll stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Dre325,

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I'm glad you chose our hotel during your recent visit to Chillicothe and were pleasantly surprised. We just recently opened in March 2012 after a HUGE renovation; all new interiors and exteriors, new furnishings, carpeting, bathrooms and decor. We take much pride in our hotel and the level of service we provide so we will be your hotel of choice when staying in Chillicothe. Again thank you so much for your feedback and thank you for choosing our hotel as I truly appreciate your business. I hope to see you again soon!

Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My adult daughter and I stopped without a reservation. Front desk was quite hospital, both at check-in and check-out. Hotel and room was immaculate - no odors, not even detergent smells. Beautifully appointed, clean, clean, clean. Absolutely the best we've stayed at in a while. We are frequent Marriott, Westin and Hilton customers but this stay could change our course of room reservations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear C-T C,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I appreciate your business and for taking the time out of your busy day to give us feedback. I am very pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations and have influenced your reservations for future stays with our brand. We try our very best to make sure every guest is welcomed and accommodated during their stay. I will be sure to share this feedback with my staff to let them know how they are doing. Again thank you so much for the positive feedback and choosing our hotel and I hope to see you again soon!

DeeJay Howard

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East? Share your experiences!