“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East

You added Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1003 East Main Street, Chillicothe, OH 45601 (Formerly Chillicothe Lodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Chillicothe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Davisburg, Michigan
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Myself, son and his friend travelled from Virginia on Sunday evening toward Michigan and did not have any hotel reservation. We finally had enough travel and decided to stop in Ohio and came upon a Holiday Inn (we stayed at 2 different H.I.s in Virginia which were great!). We were extremely tired and didn't want to drive anymore and the front desk was extremely helpful in securing a room for us. All I can say is this Holiday Inn is amazing; beautifully decorated if you like ultra-modern decor, clean and comfortable. The hotel is fairly new and the lobby area and breakfast areas were beautiful and clean. The boys did not have a chance to swim, but we did partake in breakfast which was very good. Unfortunately they ran out of pancake mixture, but there was much to choose from. Thank you for a comfortable night's stay!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Tracey T,

I'm glad to hear about your amazing experience here at our hotel. Thank you so much for all your kind words. There was a lot of time and preparation that take took place for our renovation and it turned out to be a very beautiful transformation. We take much pride in our hotel and want to make sure each and every guest has a wonderful experience. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again!

DeeJay Howard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
South Suburb of Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice stay, average Holiday Inn, very friendly staff. Beds were comfortable but did not sleep well, hot hotels fault. Good breakfast variety and wonderful breakfast staff, made you feel like family and cleaned so well when tables were emptied. Very impressive. We are priority members and love the holiday inn hotels, this lived up to expectations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear eeyore65,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We love hearing from our guests. I am very happy to hear you had a comfortable stay and we treated you like family. We strive to make it your home away from home. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe and thank you again for your wonderful feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Caught on the road, late at night, in a bad snowstorm, I would have settled for any accommodation to get out of the weather. However, when I walked into the lobby of this motel, I felt welcomed by the warmth (figurative and literal) of the facility and the service of the person at the desk. The room was exceptionally nice. The price of the room was a good value. The experience was much better than I have had at other motels within an hour's drive of Chillicothe, -both directions, on my frequent journeys through that part of Ohio. I will happily stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear SRDslz,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback, we really appreciate it. I am so happy to hear you felt very welcomed and overall had a great experience. We take a lot of pride in our hotel and service we provide. I will be sure to pass the kind words onto our staff so they will know how they are doing. Again thank you so much! I hope to see you again soon, hopefully with better weather conditions next time!

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

When I couldn't get into the hotel I normally stay at in Chillicothe, I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and was pleasantly surpirsed by the quality of the room and cleanliness of the hotel. Breakfast is the same as other Holiday Inn Express locations so nothing to brag about, but it certainly gets the job done. This hotel is newer or has been recently remodeled. It's a nice option in the area and I'm sure I'll stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Dre325,

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I'm glad you chose our hotel during your recent visit to Chillicothe and were pleasantly surprised. We just recently opened in March 2012 after a HUGE renovation; all new interiors and exteriors, new furnishings, carpeting, bathrooms and decor. We take much pride in our hotel and the level of service we provide so we will be your hotel of choice when staying in Chillicothe. Again thank you so much for your feedback and thank you for choosing our hotel as I truly appreciate your business. I hope to see you again soon!

Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My adult daughter and I stopped without a reservation. Front desk was quite hospital, both at check-in and check-out. Hotel and room was immaculate - no odors, not even detergent smells. Beautifully appointed, clean, clean, clean. Absolutely the best we've stayed at in a while. We are frequent Marriott, Westin and Hilton customers but this stay could change our course of room reservations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DeeJay H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear C-T C,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I appreciate your business and for taking the time out of your busy day to give us feedback. I am very pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations and have influenced your reservations for future stays with our brand. We try our very best to make sure every guest is welcomed and accommodated during their stay. I will be sure to share this feedback with my staff to let them know how they are doing. Again thank you so much for the positive feedback and choosing our hotel and I hope to see you again soon!

Sellersburg, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This newly renovated hotel is located away from the shopping and hotel strip in Chillicothe. The rooms were fantastic and clean. The lobby was open and airy and the staff were terrific! This should be a 4 star at best, but as you know the star ratings include many things like Bars, Resturants and the like which do not reflect the quality of the room.

I highly recommend staying here over the other establishments in the area!!

Room Tip: Take this time to drive 3 minutes south est of town. It;s well worth the time over other hotels in...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jmk5033,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We really enjoy hearing from our guests whether it be good or bad. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we exceeded your expectations. We take much pride in our newly renovated hotel and taking care of our guests first priority. I will be sure to share your feedback with my staff to let them know how they are doing. Again thank you so much and I look forward to seeing you again!

Saint Marys, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We made reservations over the phone and had a difficult time doing so. The person I spoke to was foreign and had a very hard time understanding her. I had to repeatedly tell her I can't understand you, I explained we would be paying cash for the room. I was finally given the number to the Holiday Inn Express on Main Street in Chillicothe after I got my confirmation number ( I searched on google for hotels in Chillicothe and the number I found was some service they use). When we arrived at the hotel I was informed we had to put a $100.00 deposit down since we were paying cash! Never once was I told this ahead of time by anyone...luckily we had the money to do this otherwise we would not have had a place to stay...needless to say I was upset and explained that that should always be told to everyone who calls for a reservation. Later that evening we went to put something in the refrigerator, and there was someone else's leftover food in the refrigerator, so I guess the housekeeping staff doesn't look in there when they clean. I called down to the front desk and was told that there was no one available to send to our room to take care of it, but they offered to switch our room to another. We declined since we had already unpacked and told family our room number since we were expecting them for Christmas. Around 9 pm some of my family decided to swim in the *heated indoor pool* only to find that it was so cold they couldn't stand to be in it. What a farce...you pay for $100.00 a night for this? Not us...ever again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear 1BadExperience,

I appreciate your willingness to share your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding the difficulties you experienced in booking your reservation. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Sicnerely,

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chillicothe East? Share your experiences!