I just returned from 8 days at the Life Resort with three friends. Our main purpose for visiting the Life Resort was to participate in the cleanse/detox program, which was advertised on their website. Although the resort is quite lovely, the program should be suspended until it is revamped.
- The resort grounds are lovely. The resort overlooks small islands and a fishing village, so there are colorful boats bobbing in the water.
-The rooms are spacious and relatively well appointed - very good value.
-Spa treatments by Ms. Phuong were really good - another good value.
-WIFI and 2 computers available to guests.
-The food portion of the program was completely unacceptable. A) The nutritional value of the food program is questionable. Several of t he 'fresh' juices tasted like they were from a package. On the healthy eating days, we were served food soaked in oil and white rice, as well as fruit coated in sugar. Not appropriate for a true detox/fast, even a mild one. B) The restaurant staff had no idea of the program, so they continually brought us wrong items and asked us to sign for items included in our package. Managing the program on our own prevented us from completely relaxing and enjoying it. C) The fruit on the breakfast buffet was swarmed by gnats...very unappetizing! D) The quality of the food and fruit drinks was very inconsistent throughout our stay.
-Other than when speaking to a few management level staff members, communication was a real problem. To make this worse, instead of admitting that they did not understand the staff would simply say 'yes' to any question/request. This resulted in frustration and confusion for us on several occasions. While I acknowledge that we are visitors in their country, English is the business language at this resort so I found this situation unacceptable.
- Additional issues: beds are uncomfortable, management reprimanding staff in front of guests, inconsistent and inaccurate information provided by front desk staff, spa staff chatting with each other throughout spa treatments, many tour groups.
We communicated our concerns to management early in our stay and they attempted to resolve the issues, but also told us that they are having trouble retaining staff once they train them. Given comments by other guests, it appears that our issues were experienced by others.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your AVANI Quy Nhon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Life Wellness Resort Quy Nhon Hotel Quy Nhon
- Life Wellness Quy Nhon
- Life Wellness Hotel Quy Nhon