Firstly, if you're looking for a hotel in Quy Nhon - don't. Do yourself a favour and go somewhere else, you will be the envy of me and everyone else I met there. If by some horrible misfortune you absolutely MUST go to Quy Nhon then I have the following to say about Hoang Yen hotel:
- The room was comfortable with a satellite TV and mini fridge and firm bed.
- It's in Quy Nhon
- It's nowhere near anything to eat
- It hosted 9 weddings in the 2 nights we stayed there. And the Vietnamese have music playing at a high volume the entire way through. Not just for a little dance to the Grease megamix at the end, the ENTIRE time, even when eating. So we could barely hear our thoughts when we were in and around the lobby, pool, cafe. Not to mention the hundreds of wedding guests coming in and out (no exaggeration).
- If you eat at the Restaurant during a wedding (i.e anytime) you eat at the back of the reception... With the deafening music. We opted out and went hungry.
- The "cafe" attached to the hotel can seat maybe 150 people had about 3 customers in it, had about 15 staff sitting around and wouldn't seat us for whatever reason and told us to go to the restaurant. We said there was a wedding, they told us to sit on the balcony (which was open to the reception hall, effectively sitting at the back of a wedding reception). I have absolutely no idea why they don't allow you to eat at a cafe, particularly when it's impossible to enjoy your meal at the restaurant.
- We asked reception to book us a bus out of Quy Nhon (we couldn't leave fast enough) she told us the price, we paid, she booked it and obviously told the bus company we were Westerners because mid phone call the price mysteriously went up by 30,000 Dong each. I asked if it was because we were Westerners, she didn't say anything and asked for the money. When we received the ticket that afternoon, it had the original price that we paid written on it. No surprises there. So we paid more and were given the worst seats on the bus, the only 2 which didn't recline.
- The noise of the other guests was so loud in the mornings that you can forget about a sleep in. They didn't mention on the website they hosted the shouting world championships at 5:30am, but now you know.
- There were cigarette burns in the bed spread
- The shower head sat at about below chin level
There is a reason Quy Nhon is "off the tourist trail" don't believe a thing Lonely Planet says about it. The beach was brown and dirty, the 'White sandy beaches a few kilometres away" aren't much better, there are no decent restaurants, the locals don't want you there and look at you like you've just arrived in a spaceship. If you want a place to break up the bus trip from Hoi An to Nha Trang or vice versa, then I suggest you find a hotel with room service, arrive, check in, eat in your room, leave first thing the next morning. You're not missing anything.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.