“Nice small hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Nuwara Eliya
Shanghai, China
“Nice small hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

+: hotel looks new, clean and comfortable beds, modern and clean bathroom, nice (and necessary) heaters in the bedroom, big windows with a nice view on the mountains. Nice restaurant and good food.
-: First day we had hot water but second day it was just warm water, very close to be cold. Price a little bit high.
Globally a nice hotel with a nice staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Actually very good place to stay. food, room and services are very good. mountain view is very beautiful to see in the morning. people working in the hotel are very friendly. but price is little expensive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kharkov
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

New and clear room, fresh bedclothes, good bathroom, there is fireplace, helpful staff, very good wi-fi in the room, nice view from the window. Hot water all the time, but the little pressure of the hot water, but it is not a big problem. Perhaps the same situation with the water in all Nuwara Eliya. Will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed here as a stop off on our way from Adams Peak to Tangalle knowing there wasn't much to do but the location of the hotel made it very difficult to leave without getting back in the car (we had just spent 5 hours travelling) as it really is in the middle of nowhere.

However the room was lovely with huge windows very comfortable bed with beautiful crisp white linens so we slept well. TV reception was poor but they had a film channel which was quite good, wifi was terrible same as the whole of Sri Lanka!

Breakfast was disappointing after coming from a much cheaper hotel where it was much better quality.

Overall the cost of this hotel (approx £100 p/night incl all taxes) is way over the top for what it has to offer, I guess that's why it seemed fairly empty.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We had a great stay in Midky Hotel. The staff are truely wonderful and nothing is too much trouble. They helped organise our trips, prepared packed lunches, truely great service. The hotel is very nice with a spectacular view. There are cheaper places in town and I feel the room rate was a bit too high.

• Stayed December 2012
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I think we were the only guests staying and they must have upgraded us to the honeymoon suite (the room matched the description on their flyer). The room was very clean, modern and comfortable. The glass wall on the bathroom was a bit odd - would prefer normal wall!
Very friendly and attentive staff provide service with a smile.
Forgot to turn on water heater before shower - so it was cold - my fault they did tell me how to use it!
We ate in in the evening, but the food was not very nice (as they were quiet maybe the chef wasn't in?). Breakfast was nice with the usual delicious Sri Lankan fruit and choice of eggs plus bacon and sausages.
Not great value (once you include the government tax), and I thought on the whole Nuwara Eliya accommodation options were overpriced - I'd recommend carrying on for a few hours to Ella which is really nice. In particular the Waterfalls Guesthouse!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed in Midky hotel for 4 nights with another couple of my friends. before I booked this hotel I checked the Tripadvisor reviews and I was a bit concerned about some reviews, we booked it anyway because my husband liked the look of it. I am very pleased to say my stay was fantastic! I mean it was great value for money. I need to make a point to guests who are visiting here, if you don't know how to use any equipment always call the staff - they are very helpful. In some reviews I saw they have mentioned an oven in the room, its actually a romantic electric fire place! I am sure those guests did not know how to use it maybe it was the same issue with the hot water? We stayed in two rooms and when we checked in one of the front office staff came and explained how to use the fire place and hot water, I didn't remember how to use it and when I opened the tap it was so cold, its my fault really turns out I opened the cold water valve, so I phoned them and they came and explained it again. The staff are so lovely, very friendly service. However, the alarm clock in our room was not working and I think if they planted more flowers in the garden it would be nicer.

The Sri Lankan food was great, and everyone enjoyed the English Breakfast.

I hope this helps any other guests who are thinking of going to Midky!

Room Tip: Room 102 has the best view!