When we i read the inital review for this hotel i read all about eh room that smelt of mold. Well imagine my amusement(not ) after God knows how many hours of travel we arrive....hotel looks lovely...we check in...all good. We get showed to our room - we get showed around and then everyone stands still as the expected tip needs to be handed over. Fine, not great but fine. I then start having an asthma attack, due to the strong smell of mold. Yep I've got the moldy room!!!! We ask to get moved, which was quick and efficient, but i was really annoyed when another tip was expected. At this point i have to say that ws one of my main annoyances about Sri Lanka. of course when you travel to a less fortunate country you expect to tip, but i got out hand.
Anyway, hotel was ok...room was nice, good size, bathroom great...Again slight annoyance, they cleaned everyday, but i didn't always think it was that thorough-.
The food was fabulous, although we never had the buffet dinner,we ate mainly (when at the hotel) at the 24 h place. the top resturant wasn't open as the hotel wasn't busy enough.Brekafast were wide ranging and very tasty no complaints here.
Great gym. which no one uses and it has a fabulous views out to sea- it felt like my own personal gym.
The views are great , and the beach is wonderful, never crowded . Once you've told the beach touts that you'll buy something they're pretty good and leave you alone. I'm not sure when they're adding it, but there is no Spa on site, somoen comes in to do massage. I went down the road Eden Hotel & Spa, which i would definitely recommend. Spa is lovely-and they have great food aswell if you want to go for dinner. On the whole the Heritage was lovely, did the job, just a few annoyance, but mainly good.
- Also Known As:
- Heritance Ahungalla Hotel Ahungalla
- Heritance Ahungalla Hotel
- Ahungalla Heritance Hotel
- Heritance Hotel Ahungalla
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a beach hotel where style and substance mix like a classic cocktail. Just as the turquoise infinity pool seems to blend into the ultramarine Indian Ocean, award-winning cuisine fuses the best of east and west. Welcome to Heritance Ahungalla, where we weave a little magic into your holiday memories while promising you the finest hospitality and best luxury services among Sri Lanka beach hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Heritance Ahungalla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.