“Definitely above the average” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Capri Inn & Suites of Beatrice

You added Capri Inn & Suites of Beatrice to your Saves list
Capri Inn & Suites of Beatrice
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3721 North 6th Street, Beatrice, NE 68310 (Formerly Capri Hotel of Beatrice)   |
Special Offer
TripAdvisor Special!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Beatrice
Hays, Kansas
“Definitely above the average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The downside (for the hotel) of my review is that as a previous professional in the hospitality industry of almost ten years with Hilton and Choice branded hotels - I might consider my evaluation techniques to be somewhat stringent and a little more in depth than the general traveler. However, it also means that I recognize the little things as well as the big things; including the behind the scenes efforts, initiatives and even difficulties (somtimes beyond control) that often go hand in hand with the task of daily hotel operations. My first impression of initial contact with this property was extremely positive! A reservation was made the day before arriving over the telephone with Cindy, and she was most polite and quite helpful. I was both thankful, but also skeptical about the rate being as low as it was; considering most reputible hotels will focus on rate integrity (slightly higher rates) to keep the so called "rift raft" out. I merely hoped for the best. Upon our late arrival, we were also greeted by and checked in with Ms. Cindy at the reigns of the front desk. My first impression of her customer service and genuine attitude was only more confirmed as she was very welcoming and sincere. As weary travelers pulling in at 3AM, this was much appreciated! Service for this hotel gets a score of 100% The exterior of the property appears to be relatively new - sporting a mixed brick and maintenance free siding design with three floors, well lighted parking lot, and the security of key controlled entries. The lobby and front office area was adequate in size - with the majority of the space used for the common breakfast dining area. The decor was simple - with mainly pale green colored walls and modern decorative. One thing I noted as a condition downfall was the numerous areas where it was apparent "touching up" paint had been completed; and as most know you'll never get the exact match. I recommend the hotel repaint the entire areas so it doesn't give off the "worn" and damaged look. Upon entry to the room, I did my normal scout for cleanliness, which includes a detailed search for bed-bug evidence and checking the most commonly ignored areas of hotel rooms (ie; under the bed, behind nightstands, dresser drawers, etc.) To my satisfaction, I came up completely empty handed with any issues. The bathroom area, including the shower, toilet, tile floor and outside vanity area were spotless! The carpet in the room was in fantastic condition and was extremely clean. Areas of improvement noted would be the curtains above the HVAC (A/C Unit) were visibly stained towards the bottom - probably caused from the condensation of the unit. Although not a major inconvenience, I also felt as though the bed was extremely low to the ground - but definitely not a deal breaker. The room was equiped with a refrigerator and microwave (clean at that), iron, ironing board, hair dryer, alarm clock/radio, desk, table and chairs, dresser and 2 night stands - so it was extremely accomodating since it provided almost all you could ask for. I would strongly recommend that ownership take the room just one step farther by losing the pale green/blueish wall color - as it almost has a drab "prison-esque" feel to it and does not compliment the furnishings whatsoever. It is my understanding that the hotel is under new ownership and will be soon changing over to the "Capri Inn" and losing the Victorian name. My hopes is that the new owner focus on keeping some of the "rule-breaking" ammenities currently offered (ie: 24Hr Pool/Jacuzzi, extended breakfast hours, pets welcome, etc.) to not only remain competitive, but to stand out a little. I can truly say the aforementioned were extremely appreciated by us as I am sure will be for most. All in all - our stay was great! Service for this hotel definitely sets it up for success - even despite some of the minor conditional issues in place. So long as the hiring of quality people remains a constant focus of the new ownership - and not letting things age or deteriorate beyond major financial investments - I can only imagine that this hotel will continue to be ranked #1 in Beatrice. They've currently got a slight edge on the market..... my hope is that they don't lose it. Happy travels!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I made several inquireys to other hotels in the area and friendliness and pleasent attitude of the desk clerk sold me before I even knew the rate which was excellent compared to others! The building was very well kept and the room was well cleaned and everything in its proper place as well as all the towels and toiletries were well stocked! The overall friendliness of all the staff I came in contact with was not what I am use too and was a very welcome surprise! I neede rest and got what I needed! Thanks Y'all! see ya soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Green Valley, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I am shocked at the high ratings for this hotel. First the good, The staff is wonderful, very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms are clean. Now why this hotel deserves a poor rating. I was in three different rooms. When I turned on the heat in the first two rooms, the smoke alarm would sound. The girl at the front desk did her best to find me a room and offered to help move my things. The room I was placed in was much smaller than I had paid for. Unfortunately, I booked three nights through Expedia or I would have left that night. Although the bathroom is clean, you can't stand to be in there. The fan is almost as loud as a small jet airplane. My ears actually hurt when I would come out after getting ready in the morning. It was very irritating. If you want to have a light on, you must have the fan on. Their high speed internet was not high speed at all, it dropped out constantly. I never had internet problems at any other hotel. I really hate seeing built up dust in the corners around a room, also hate to see cobwebs in the corners of a ceilings, these things were in all three rooms I visited. The bedding - mattress and pillows have very little padding - not comfortable at all. This hotel does seem to be popular with those in the trucking business. There is another Victorian Inn hotel in town, I wonder if people are mixing up the two hotels in their reviews... Again, I just don't understand the high ratings.

Room Tip: Very noisy light/fans in the bathrooms. Before you unpack, ensure your heat/AC is in proper working...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Beatrice, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Yes, the rates are reasonable, but you wonder why. The why is: a bland, basic room; bed the squeaks and sounds as if there are old-fashioned coiled springs underneath (there may be, I don't want to check); bedding that is of low quality; and the worse is the lingering smell in the room. It seems as if the odor is trapped in the carpet, bedspread, and curtains. Now the good part: the desk staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Troy, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

I wish there was a rating between poor and average because that's what this place deserved. It is cheap but you get what you pay for. First impression isn't good, the room window you see above the entrance has badly torn curtains. The bed was rock hard. I'm not a sheet snob, I buy inexpensive sheets, but the sheets here were the roughest I've ever slept on. The place wasn't as clean as I expect. There was a molding along the bottom outside of the tub that was coming off and was really dirty. The furniture was rather dinged up. Towels were thick and decent sized and the provided toiletries were fine. Breakfast was mostly packaged stuff. I was sorry that I didn't go with my first instinct and book the Holiday Inn next door.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Manassas, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel for a personal trip. My friend paid for the stay.

Location

It is very easy to get to/from the hotel, it is on a main road and right across the street from the Walmart Supercenter. As for restaurants and shopping, you do need a car to get around, but there is a lot to choose from off the main roads.

Rooms

We had room 308 with 2 Queen Beds. The room was a nice size but the location of the room was right in front of the elevators and near the ice machine and the ice machine.

The bathroom was large, a fair amount of room around the sink area for makeup bags, etc. The sink is outside the room with the shower/commode. The lighting is decent enough for putting on makeup, but could be better.

The hotel was busy and you could hear people at all hours of the day and night. I found the bed to be comfortable and was able to regulate the room temperature easily. However, the hvac was very noisy. The room is a little dated but clean and everything worked.

Check In

There was one person at the desk. Check-in and check-out were easy, no lines.

Hotel Staff

The hotel staff were all very pleasant and helpful. At breakfast there was always someone available to make sure the area was clean, items were filled and to answer questions or assist with equipment.

Parking

The parking lot is large and well lit.

Restaurants/Bar/Room Service

No room service or restaurant.

The breakfast was okay. Cold cereal, instant oatmeal, hardboiled eggs and a variety of breads with a toaster and prepackaged pastries. Some fresh fruit (apples, oranges, bananas), juices and yogurt was also available.

No Pool or Fitness Center. They do have an arrangement with Anytime Fitness for purchasing passes.

GPS/Cell Phone/Internet

My gps worked fine getting around the entire area. Cell phone service was perfect everywhere in the hotel. Did not use the internet while at the hotel. They do have a laptop for use and a printer.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Greg H, Marketing and Sales at Capri Inn & Suites of Beatrice, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for your stay and your review of our property. I am glad you found the location convenient and the rooms clean and accomodating. The bathroom being its own seperate room within your guest room conveniently gives privacy and separation for others in the room. Our friendly staff strives to give every guest an exceptionally pleasant experience, 24 hours a day, and I am glad to hear that was the case for you as well. Thank you for enjoying our 26 item deluxe breakfast. If you are hungry and don't have transportation, there is also a local delivery service that delivers here from any restaurant in town. I am sorry you were not able to take advantage of our 24 hour indoor pool and spa. They are located on the first floor just down the hall from the lobby. Whenever you are in the area again, we welcome you back. And if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know. And bring your swimming suit!

Been to Capri Inn & Suites of Beatrice? Share your experiences!