I am an American, my bride is Filipina
Over all experience of our three night stay was very good. Well worth the price ! ( bring cash ! no Atm or bank for hours drive).
Hotel rooms in great shape, staff very very good.
Food from the adjacent restaurant very good, same owner as hotel.
We arrived after a storm, but our weather there was great. Our beach front was cleaned while adjacent beaches remained messy from the storm.
If your viewing Venere.com about this hotel you will experience some inacuracies. While we were there the sand was not white and the surf was not crystal clear blue. Maybe the storm was a factor? There is'nt an outdoor pool but they have a seawater hydro massage Jacuzzi. better to call the hotel directly for new improvements. They were very, very nice people.
We could see white sand beaches on the adjacent island, the hotel can take you there for extra fee.
Safety: As anal american, I felt safe there, the neighbors are british, american, australian, german and filipinos.
If you truly want to think about your safety consider your method of travel, you can request for a van with seatbelts but most jeepneys/buses and vans don't. the roads are well paved but the route is through the mountainside with very steep ravines...exciting but scary at the same time. The 2.5 hour-ride back felt much safer because we were in a fullsize bus. Maybe because the driver was slower and it wasn't raining in the mountain section.
I must tell you about the woman grooming her daughter for lice. Fortunately her son was between us. If any if this rattles you, consider getting a van. no cabbies there.
We might go back next year and defititely visit st.paul's island!
-dennis and zen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Boutique Beach Resort located on the Pacific Ocean at the beautiful Tahusan Beach, Hinunangan, Southern Leyte, Philippines providing our guests with the utmost comfort, security and privacy at a very affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Dona Marta Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dona Marta Boutique Hinunangan
- Dona Marta Boutique Hotel Philippines/Hinunangan, Leyte Island