Just back from a weeks holiday on Kuramathi Village booked at very last minute through Kuoni. Service from Kuoni was excellent as usual !
Having been to the Maldives 3 times before to the same Island (White Sands) we decided to try somewhere different and were a little apprehensive about which other islands to try. We got a great deal on this one so decided to give it a go. We were not disappointed in the slightest.
Travel by Monarch was fine if a little cramped. Speedboat was fine too although the noises the woman behind me made as we bounced through the ocean were interesting to say the least !!
Reception was swift, friendly and efficient and off we went to our Standard room. This was fine, everything that was necessary although would have liked the more traditional outdoor shower. The room was serviced to a high standard and had fridge and air conditioning. The island itself was well laid out with plenty to keep the interest. Excellent Dive Centre, perfect for snorkelling (with channels to protect the coral) good pool, excellent dining area and welcoming and comfortable bar. What more could one ask for ?
It was heaven to simply sit, read and while away the hours with a cocktail and all the benefits of all inclusive. (even a couple of trips and free snorkelling equipment)
This was a holiday to simply enjoy in surroundings that made it easy ! Kuramathi certainly got the thumbs up and took away any fears of changing islands, in fact it might be an idea now to start working our way round many of the others over the next few years. 4th time to Maldives and we will definitely be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An emerald jewel in the turquoise Maldivian waters, Kuramathi is a stunning island retreat with acres of luxuriant vegetation surrounded by spectacular beaches tapering into an endless sandbank. Villas blend contemporary design and nature, and are set on the beach, amongst lush gardens or over water looking out to the vast Indian Ocean. With four built together, the Garden Villas are simple yet stylish providing for our most affordable Kuramathi experience. The Beach Villas are individual villas featuring four poster beds, wooden decks with daybeds and sunloungers. Sited near the sandbank, the Deluxe Beach Villas additionally feature baths. Located amongst lush gardens, the Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature large outdoor decks with sunloungers and garden bathrooms. Round in shape, the Superior Beach Villas with Jacuzzi are contemporary in design with bedrooms that are spacious and minimalist in style. Set in the centre of the island facing the lagoon side, the Deluxe Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature additional luxuries such as espresso machines and oversized garden bathrooms with inviting sala beds. The Water Villas are built on stilts over the turquoise lagoon, whilst the Water Villas with Jacuzzi are located close to the house reef and features a two-tiered sundeck complete with sunloungers, sun umbrella and outdoor Jacuzzi. The Honeymoon Pool Villas are one bedroom villas with a separate living area and an air-conditioned dining area. The villas are furnished with modern day luxuries, and feature oversized open air bathrooms with twin vanities, LED-lit shower, free standing baths and 10 metre lap pools.The main restaurants on the island serve breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets with live cooking stations. Six other à la carte restaurants offer diverse cuisines and the many bars offer refreshing cocktails and regular evening entertainment, including nights of karaoke, starlit discos or live music.A variety of water sports, diving for all levels and excursions are available. The house reef offers hours of adventurous snorkeling and for ultimate relaxation choose from the innovative therapies at our spa. Welcoming and friendly service, all inclusive packages, Bageecha kids club, sports centre, gym, swimming pools, medical centre with hyperbaric chamber, Eco Centre, boutiques, laundry, library, wi-fi internet are just some of the many facilities available to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives