We went to Karamathi village with Kuoni and Monarch on the 19th June for a week. It did rain for the first few days (it is monsoon season!!) and did have a very rough boat journey but neither of these things spoilt what was a fantastic holiday.
In the grand scheme of things it is very easy to get to (10.5hr flight + 2hr boat) compared with other 'exotic' destinations.
Monarch was fine, yes we did have a 3hr delay and the plane lacked many standard entertainment features but for the price?!
I just cant fault it, not only because it was such a lovely destination but because it was simply so cheap (we paid around 620pounds per person all inclusive). Many other destinations require that money for the flight alone.
We did have the coral romance excursion booked, which was cancelled due to bad weather, but we simply re-arranged for the end of the week, and it was amazing. Going from a compararively large island to a tiny island which was very luxurious - especially if you go for the water bungalow.
This doesn't detract from the great time we had at karamathi, when it rained we chilled out, played some cards and read some books, simply knowing we were paying the price of a top london hotel for a few nights.
The sea life was also very impressive, dolphins, turtles, reef sharks ...
My only slight disappointment was being in the resort you don't really get a sense of the maldivian culture, you need to go on an excursion to really see their way of life.
I'll definately recommend karamathi, not sure what it would be like if the resort was full and was peak season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An emerald jewel in the turquoise Maldivian waters, Kuramathi is a stunning island retreat with acres of luxuriant vegetation surrounded by spectacular beaches tapering into an endless sandbank. Villas blend contemporary design and nature, and are set on the beach, amongst lush gardens or over water looking out to the vast Indian Ocean. With four built together, the Garden Villas are simple yet stylish providing for our most affordable Kuramathi experience. The Beach Villas are individual villas featuring four poster beds, wooden decks with daybeds and sunloungers. Sited near the sandbank, the Deluxe Beach Villas additionally feature baths. Located amongst lush gardens, the Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature large outdoor decks with sunloungers and garden bathrooms. Round in shape, the Superior Beach Villas with Jacuzzi are contemporary in design with bedrooms that are spacious and minimalist in style. Set in the centre of the island facing the lagoon side, the Deluxe Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature additional luxuries such as espresso machines and oversized garden bathrooms with inviting sala beds. The Water Villas are built on stilts over the turquoise lagoon, whilst the Water Villas with Jacuzzi are located close to the house reef and features a two-tiered sundeck complete with sunloungers, sun umbrella and outdoor Jacuzzi. The Honeymoon Pool Villas are one bedroom villas with a separate living area and an air-conditioned dining area. The villas are furnished with modern day luxuries, and feature oversized open air bathrooms with twin vanities, LED-lit shower, free standing baths and 10 metre lap pools.The main restaurants on the island serve breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets with live cooking stations. Six other à la carte restaurants offer diverse cuisines and the many bars offer refreshing cocktails and regular evening entertainment, including nights of karaoke, starlit discos or live music.A variety of water sports, diving for all levels and excursions are available. The house reef offers hours of adventurous snorkeling and for ultimate relaxation choose from the innovative therapies at our spa. Welcoming and friendly service, all inclusive packages, Bageecha kids club, sports centre, gym, swimming pools, medical centre with hyperbaric chamber, Eco Centre, boutiques, laundry, library, wi-fi internet are just some of the many facilities available to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives