Well, I travelled in August 2009 with my boyfriend when we were 18! It was amazing, I can't believe I forgot to leave a review especially since I use Tripadvisor so often.
I have to say i've looked at the reviews of when me & my partner visited this Island and I can't believe the amount of negative reviews. Yes they were doing construction on the Island but that didn't even bother us in the slightest. We actually used to watch them doing the work because we were amazed that they had no shoes, t-shirts or hard hats!
Staff - I would like to make a comment about the staff - previous reviews said that the staff weren't friendly and weren't helpful. Well maybe if you were a bit more polite and friendly they would want to help you! My boyfriend was really ill on the way to the Island so we visited the reception to ask for medical advice and they took us straight away to the doctors. He was checked immediately and they put him on a drip.
Sunbeds - Yes there were no sunbeds when we visited and I knew that from looking at reviews, this didn't bother us at all, towels on the sand it was then!
Food - We didn't have a problem with the food at all, yes there were some nights where we had more of a choice and other nights we had less choice. Oh well, I was never hungry the whole holiday. We actually had a candle-lit dinner one evening on the beach because my boyfriend had been to this Island 3 years before with his parents. (They even remembered and put us in the same room, which was sweet.) Some nights I had a waiter who used to stand behind my boyfriend and stare at me while I ate dinner, yes it was slightly uncomfortable, but to be honest I used to laugh and as soon as my boyfriend turned around he would shake his hand! I could moan and say this ruined the holiday but frankly compared to how amazing this trip was I couldn't care less.
Weather - We travelled late August and day 1 the weather was amazing, however 4 out of 7 days we were there it rained heavily (but not all day) and we could tell when it was going to rain because we could see the clouds in the distance. This again was fine - it was still so hot even when it rained.
Room - The room was fine, I loved having a shower outdoors. A bit weird at first because you always fear someone is lurking in the trees! It was just perfect for sleeping in :) There aren't any T.Vs in the room - I knew this before too! (Do your research people) We had bought a portable DVD player which was perfect for when it rained.
I can't believe how amazing this Island is. I would love to go back especially after the changes and improvements they have done. It looks even better than before!
This holiday is literally a pure relaxation holiday and would not suit people who love night-life!
Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An emerald jewel in the turquoise Maldivian waters, Kuramathi is a stunning island retreat with acres of luxuriant vegetation surrounded by spectacular beaches tapering into an endless sandbank. Villas blend contemporary design and nature, and are set on the beach, amongst lush gardens or over water looking out to the vast Indian Ocean. With four built together, the Garden Villas are simple yet stylish providing for our most affordable Kuramathi experience. The Beach Villas are individual villas featuring four poster beds, wooden decks with daybeds and sunloungers. Sited near the sandbank, the Deluxe Beach Villas additionally feature baths. Located amongst lush gardens, the Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature large outdoor decks with sunloungers and garden bathrooms. Round in shape, the Superior Beach Villas with Jacuzzi are contemporary in design with bedrooms that are spacious and minimalist in style. Set in the centre of the island facing the lagoon side, the Deluxe Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature additional luxuries such as espresso machines and oversized garden bathrooms with inviting sala beds. The Water Villas are built on stilts over the turquoise lagoon, whilst the Water Villas with Jacuzzi are located close to the house reef and features a two-tiered sundeck complete with sunloungers, sun umbrella and outdoor Jacuzzi. The Honeymoon Pool Villas are one bedroom villas with a separate living area and an air-conditioned dining area. The villas are furnished with modern day luxuries, and feature oversized open air bathrooms with twin vanities, LED-lit shower, free standing baths and 10 metre lap pools.The main restaurants on the island serve breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets with live cooking stations. Six other à la carte restaurants offer diverse cuisines and the many bars offer refreshing cocktails and regular evening entertainment, including nights of karaoke, starlit discos or live music.A variety of water sports, diving for all levels and excursions are available. The house reef offers hours of adventurous snorkeling and for ultimate relaxation choose from the innovative therapies at our spa. Welcoming and friendly service, all inclusive packages, Bageecha kids club, sports centre, gym, swimming pools, medical centre with hyperbaric chamber, Eco Centre, boutiques, laundry, library, wi-fi internet are just some of the many facilities available to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Despegar.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives