“Amazing.. Paradise!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Kuramathi
London
“Amazing.. Paradise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Well, I travelled in August 2009 with my boyfriend when we were 18! It was amazing, I can't believe I forgot to leave a review especially since I use Tripadvisor so often.

I have to say i've looked at the reviews of when me & my partner visited this Island and I can't believe the amount of negative reviews. Yes they were doing construction on the Island but that didn't even bother us in the slightest. We actually used to watch them doing the work because we were amazed that they had no shoes, t-shirts or hard hats!

Staff - I would like to make a comment about the staff - previous reviews said that the staff weren't friendly and weren't helpful. Well maybe if you were a bit more polite and friendly they would want to help you! My boyfriend was really ill on the way to the Island so we visited the reception to ask for medical advice and they took us straight away to the doctors. He was checked immediately and they put him on a drip.

Sunbeds - Yes there were no sunbeds when we visited and I knew that from looking at reviews, this didn't bother us at all, towels on the sand it was then!

Food - We didn't have a problem with the food at all, yes there were some nights where we had more of a choice and other nights we had less choice. Oh well, I was never hungry the whole holiday. We actually had a candle-lit dinner one evening on the beach because my boyfriend had been to this Island 3 years before with his parents. (They even remembered and put us in the same room, which was sweet.) Some nights I had a waiter who used to stand behind my boyfriend and stare at me while I ate dinner, yes it was slightly uncomfortable, but to be honest I used to laugh and as soon as my boyfriend turned around he would shake his hand! I could moan and say this ruined the holiday but frankly compared to how amazing this trip was I couldn't care less.

Weather - We travelled late August and day 1 the weather was amazing, however 4 out of 7 days we were there it rained heavily (but not all day) and we could tell when it was going to rain because we could see the clouds in the distance. This again was fine - it was still so hot even when it rained.

Room - The room was fine, I loved having a shower outdoors. A bit weird at first because you always fear someone is lurking in the trees! It was just perfect for sleeping in :) There aren't any T.Vs in the room - I knew this before too! (Do your research people) We had bought a portable DVD player which was perfect for when it rained.

I can't believe how amazing this Island is. I would love to go back especially after the changes and improvements they have done. It looks even better than before!

This holiday is literally a pure relaxation holiday and would not suit people who love night-life!

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

2,123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed in a "water villa with jacuzzi" It was immaculate and spacious. But if I went again i'd cut my costs in half by booking the basic villas because they're all good and all within metres of the ocean.

If you go then pay the extra for all inclusive and all the restaurants, they are all fantastic and if you don't pay beforehand it IS very expensive. You have to reserve the restaurants 2 days in advance (get to reception at 8am to do this). The Island BBQ was our favourite, they flambé the steak right in front of you (they wheel a mini kitchen to your table) and the beef ribs are one of the best things i've ever tasted. All of the restaurants were too good. So do yourself a favour and pay the £200ish in advance for them (your flying to the Maldives, treat yourself).

The staff can't do enough for you and even give you lifts around the island. unlike other all inclusive resorts I've been to where you have to tip the staff to get good service, here you get good service and don't need to tip (but we did because of how good it was).

Room Tip: I don't feel like it would have made our holiday any less enjoyable had we had a beach villa rat...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

To sum up our holiday to Kuramathi ... Paradise!!!
We stayed on this amazing island between 29 sept - 10 Oct 13 on the select all incluive basis. Due to booking early with Kuoni we revived the next room upgrade therefore stated in a delux beach villa, prior to our arrival I contacted the resort and requested particular rooms due to reading reviews from other guests, which was accommodated by the hotel. We stayed in villa 356 and would certain ally recommend this room to anyone who wants to just open the door walk few steps and be on the white sand!! These few rooms are defiantly in the best location of the island and would request this area/ room again!!
The service from restaurants, spa, drivers and bar was impectiable. Manjula the bar manager from the Laguna bar (which was on our door step) could not have done enough for us and made our holiday. Food was amazing, had we not booked select all inclusive we may have got fed up with eating in the same restaurant the whole time. Island BBQ, the Reef were both outstanding along with the Tandoori. The other restaurants were also very good, however the previous were my favourites.
The island band were very good and infact we watched them a few times, never had time to watch movie on beach, they did this twice a week, however one of these nights is children's film.. Could do with more movie nights!!
The spa was amazing, we had a couples massage over the water, although it was around $150 it was worth paying for experience and bedside tips it was our only additional spend.
The only down side to our holiday was that we did not book for longer, 10 days just passed too quickly.

We can't wait to go back, even if we had an unlimited budget we would choose Kuramathi over any other island.

Tips:
=Select all inclusive
=Sea plane transfer- if can only afford one way make sure it's on your return journey otherwise you could be up and off island by 0600am as opposed to mid day
=Deluxe beach villa- or book early pay for beach villa and get the free upgrade if available
=Stay for as long as you can afford

Room Tip: Deluxe beach villa 356
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed on Kuramathi in November 13. I've been lucky enough to travel all over the world and I can honestly say that absolutely nothing compares to this amazing place. The water really is as blue as it looks in brochures, the vegetation on the island was green, food was amazing and so were the staff. The diving was incredible, but even for non-divers, there was still so much to do.
I really can't recommend Kuramathi highly enough and whatever I say will not do it justice.
Obviously holidaying in the Maldives isn't cheap, but i would be happy to pay over and over again. Another plus side is that British Airways have started a direct flight from London Gatwick to Male, then from there it's a short flight on a seaplane or a slightly longer boat transfer. Brilliant.
For an all inclusive the food was spectacular and all the drinks were premium brands.
Our waiter, Shaah was assigned to our table for the whole trip and he was brilliant. It was always a pleasure to go for meal and he always had a smile on his face.
Thank you for such an unforgettable holiday and thank you to all the staff on the island that make the experience even better.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I'm in love with Maldives and believe it's a best place for human being. Kuramathi is the best place in Maldives for small children.

My husband and I traveled thier this summer with our 3,5 years old baby and we had a wonderful vacation. There is a great kids' club with playground and a swimming pool close to it, where babies can swim. The island is big enough to walk in different directions: the island spit is a separate attraction. There are also 2 small parks and a tiny museum. Show includes ray feeding and live music each evening (one band is fantastic, the rest are moderate). More than enough for a 10 days vacation.

Food is of a very high quality and my baby eat everything - no problems even without kids menu.

Also, there is a great beach with shallow water to enjoy swimming on the both sides of island.

Staff is more than very friendly!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Shipham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I been to Kuramathi 12 times and I can't believe this is the first time I'm reviewing it!!

Kuramathi has changed a lot over the last 12 years and mostly they're improvements - it's a wonderful island, with the most amazing staff quite a few have been there every time we've visited - I always stay in the village at the large end of the island on all inclusive - we had several room boys, all of whom have high standards of cleanliness, the Haruge Restaurant is brilliant, you are given the same table/waiter for your stay Abul 'the Top Banana' is our friendly banter name for him is a great man and always very friendly and always has time for a chat, Nashid our waiter last year is a very talented great waiter and is very attuned to our 'carafe' and light tea requirements - if you get him you'll be very pleased with him.

The Fung bar is a very lively place on occasions, depending on the entertainment schedule. Jahangar (apologies Jahangar if I've spelt your name wrong),is the long standing bar waiter, and what a credit to Kuramathi he is, he is soooooo attentive and a really nice bloke it'll be a sad day for Kuramathi when he retires (which is a long way off I know). If you choose to sit at the bar, then the bar staff will keep your glasses filled too.

The island is kept spotlessly clean, with gardeners constantly attending to the flowers, boarders, pathways and beaches.

I'm trying a different island this year, as I thought I should after 12 years, and probably won't go back for another couple of years as I do want to try other Maldivian Islands, but Kuramathi has a special place in my heart, I'm always sad leaving and always wanting to stay, so I will be back it's a wonderful place.

If you have any doubts booking Kuramathi , don't, you won't be disappointed .

Room Tip: Rooms on the lagoon side have better beaches
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This was our second visit to the Maldives, we went to Maafushivaru a couple of years ago. We chose Kuramathi because it is bigger than Maafushivaru but not too big and also we booked late so it was one of the only available islands. It isn't as 'upmarket' as M but the island grew on us, it is hard to fault it as it's a beautifully kept resort with lovely beaches and although it was full it didn't feel busy at all. I would certainly recommend it especially if you like snorkelling as the fish life and drop off is accessible and colourful with a huge number do species, we saw rays and turtles too. However we were not blown away and the quality of the room (superior jacuzzi villa) or the layout of the villas. The best located villas are semi's at the top of the island which have direct beach access, ours was detached and spacious but had a public path in front so it wasn't private, we didn't use the jacuzzi but a coffee machine would have been nice. Our friend stayed in a water villa when they went and they said it was lovely so maybe this is the way to go. Food was excellent and so much of it and they make a fab cocktail. There is plenty to do too so if you are not someone who sits on the beach you won't be bored!

Room Tip: 129 is one of the best Superior jacuzzi villas because it has an open outlook to a beach which felt...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kuramathi Island Resort? Share your experiences!