Went here in June for my honeymoon. I have to say it was just fabulous. For the first week we had a Beach Villa - it's not the most luxurious, but it was roomy, clean and in a wonderful location. The outside shower was particularly lovely. The second week was in a water villa with jacuzzi. I can only say that this was stunning - a wonderful view from the deck just to endless blue water. The room was big, the bed comfortable and the bathroom high spec.
The island almost has two feels - the bottom of the island (where most of the garden and basic beach villas are) seemed to be the most lively. Two great bars (Fung and Beach) as well as the excellent Island Coffee Shop. The top of the island is a little quieter - another two bars, but a bit more relaxed and the Havana Club (note - this is indoors and air conditioned and no-one was ever in it - I think many people did not realise you could still get all-inclusive cocktails here).
We were on select all inclusive - I can't recommend this highly enough; all of the bookable restaurants were fabulous. I was especially fond of Duniye and the Wagu Beef, but the Reef and the Island Barbecue were also outstanding. We didn't therefore eat in the all-inclusive buffet restaurants other than for the odd breakfast. They looked fine, clean and well serviced - but there did seem to be a big difference in the quality of food.
The gym was well equipped, and very quiet. The spa was also lovely, and the basic massages really good. We enjoyed finding dolphins on the sunset cruise (although it might be a bit dull if you don't see any). We didn't really find any problems with the booking system - yes you do need to be in reception around 8-8:30am to be sure of the booking you want, but we were never unable to eat where we wanted on any night.
The staff were all pleasant, efficient and helpful. They certainly did not solicit tips, although many of them earned them with hard work and good service.
We'd only make minor suggestions - it would be nice to have had a better range of Select All Inclusive breakfast options in the Coffee Shop, better crème brûlées, and an option of lighter pizzas at Palm. The wifi was also a bit expensive, although we only took it on the last day in order to check in online on the last day - free wifi in the reception would have been a nice touch.
We also did a fair bit of diving: the guides were excellent, very professional and friendly. It's a bit expensive but there's plenty of excellent sea life to see. It's definitely something to do whatever your level and you will see a lot more than snorkelling. We didn't find any of our dives too "currenty" either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An emerald jewel in the turquoise Maldivian waters, Kuramathi is a stunning island retreat with acres of luxuriant vegetation surrounded by spectacular beaches tapering into an endless sandbank. Villas blend contemporary design and nature, and are set on the beach, amongst lush gardens or over water looking out to the vast Indian Ocean. With four built together, the Garden Villas are simple yet stylish providing for our most affordable Kuramathi experience. The Beach Villas are individual villas featuring four poster beds, wooden decks with daybeds and sunloungers. Sited near the sandbank, the Deluxe Beach Villas additionally feature baths. Located amongst lush gardens, the Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature large outdoor decks with sunloungers and garden bathrooms. Round in shape, the Superior Beach Villas with Jacuzzi are contemporary in design with bedrooms that are spacious and minimalist in style. Set in the centre of the island facing the lagoon side, the Deluxe Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature additional luxuries such as espresso machines and oversized garden bathrooms with inviting sala beds. The Water Villas are built on stilts over the turquoise lagoon, whilst the Water Villas with Jacuzzi are located close to the house reef and features a two-tiered sundeck complete with sunloungers, sun umbrella and outdoor Jacuzzi. The Honeymoon Pool Villas are one bedroom villas with a separate living area and an air-conditioned dining area. The villas are furnished with modern day luxuries, and feature oversized open air bathrooms with twin vanities, LED-lit shower, free standing baths and 10 metre lap pools.The main restaurants on the island serve breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets with live cooking stations. Six other à la carte restaurants offer diverse cuisines and the many bars offer refreshing cocktails and regular evening entertainment, including nights of karaoke, starlit discos or live music.A variety of water sports, diving for all levels and excursions are available. The house reef offers hours of adventurous snorkeling and for ultimate relaxation choose from the innovative therapies at our spa. Welcoming and friendly service, all inclusive packages, Bageecha kids club, sports centre, gym, swimming pools, medical centre with hyperbaric chamber, Eco Centre, boutiques, laundry, library, wi-fi internet are just some of the many facilities available to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives