Myself and husband have just returned from Kuramathi, this was luckily my 4th time to the Maldives and it was brilliant. My priorities with an island are great snorkelling opportunities, peace/relaxation and food - not a long list but all very important. Kuramathi performed nearly a 100% on these.
Snorkelling) We are both Open Water Divers but due to an unexpected medical problem we could only snorkel on the island and boy that did not disappoint - we went in the water everyday and saw something different each time - black tips, whites tip, multiple turtles, 8 eagle rays gliding past and a starry pufferfish who was gigantic.
Peace/relaxation) My only slight issue, the island is getting ready for high season and building a new aqua sports centre our DJBV was quite near to this and the day they started plaining the wood I had to ask to be moved as I did not want to hear that on our veranda. The reception were excellent about this and moved us to 215 which was lovely. Just to point that they do have so many different options for night times and on the Saturday there is a disco in one of the bars.
In the spa we had a 90 minute swedish massage in the over water treatment room which was lovely.
Food) At booking we got upgraded from all inclusive to select all inclusive which was a bonus. We loved all of the restaurants the food was fabulous. Our allocated restaurant had a lovely waiter called 'Reesham' (Malaafaiy) whom did nothing else but smile and chat amiably when we saw him, the staff are a credit to this resort. I was really pleased to get a sense that the staff are better looked after in this resort more so than other places I have been too.
The Rest) The island is beautiful, we experienced some tremendous night thunder/lightening storms which we caught on film. The weather was mostly very hot - do not rely on Maldives weather reports, Kuramathi seems to sit in its own little climate, we had one day of cloud but this was a respite from sun and equally doesn't stop you snorkelling and doing other stuff.
This was my birthday treat, we have already decided that for my husbands 40th in 2015 we will be back, can't wait already.
Tip- the 'Cafe Del Mar' cocktails are delicious.
One last thing there are other comments about staff being rude/miserable etc. you get what you give, we witnessed some atrocious rudeness from guest on the island - what's the difficulty with please and thank you?
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An emerald jewel in the turquoise Maldivian waters, Kuramathi is a stunning island retreat with acres of luxuriant vegetation surrounded by spectacular beaches tapering into an endless sandbank. Villas blend contemporary design and nature, and are set on the beach, amongst lush gardens or over water looking out to the vast Indian Ocean. With four built together, the Garden Villas are simple yet stylish providing for our most affordable Kuramathi experience. The Beach Villas are individual villas featuring four poster beds, wooden decks with daybeds and sunloungers. Sited near the sandbank, the Deluxe Beach Villas additionally feature baths. Located amongst lush gardens, the Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature large outdoor decks with sunloungers and garden bathrooms. Round in shape, the Superior Beach Villas with Jacuzzi are contemporary in design with bedrooms that are spacious and minimalist in style. Set in the centre of the island facing the lagoon side, the Deluxe Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature additional luxuries such as espresso machines and oversized garden bathrooms with inviting sala beds. The Water Villas are built on stilts over the turquoise lagoon, whilst the Water Villas with Jacuzzi are located close to the house reef and features a two-tiered sundeck complete with sunloungers, sun umbrella and outdoor Jacuzzi. The Honeymoon Pool Villas are one bedroom villas with a separate living area and an air-conditioned dining area. The villas are furnished with modern day luxuries, and feature oversized open air bathrooms with twin vanities, LED-lit shower, free standing baths and 10 metre lap pools.The main restaurants on the island serve breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets with live cooking stations. Six other à la carte restaurants offer diverse cuisines and the many bars offer refreshing cocktails and regular evening entertainment, including nights of karaoke, starlit discos or live music.A variety of water sports, diving for all levels and excursions are available. The house reef offers hours of adventurous snorkeling and for ultimate relaxation choose from the innovative therapies at our spa. Welcoming and friendly service, all inclusive packages, Bageecha kids club, sports centre, gym, swimming pools, medical centre with hyperbaric chamber, Eco Centre, boutiques, laundry, library, wi-fi internet are just some of the many facilities available to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.