Went to Kuramathi in April 2011 for 5 days as part of our Honeymoon Package. We stayed in a Jacuzzi Water Villa and if you can get this option I would really really recommend it ! The Water Villas are situated on the opposite side of the Island and have a very small decking area and not enough room to sunbathe . The Jacuzzi Water Villas have a huge decking area with sunbeds and a jacuzzi which is cleaned and washed everyday by one of the Room Boys. If you find your jacuzzi to not be hot enough just leave yours running during the day and by night time it will be nice and hot ! The water is nice and shallow ion the jacuzzi water villa side however lots of coral so do take your sea shoes . I cut myself a few times .
Mini bar for Select All Inc. Water bottles , soft drinks etc and nescafe coffee machine .You get everything they state on their website on the Room Profile.
Make sure you visit the Sand bank for pictures ! There are parts on the Island where you can just stop and swim and no one is around. You never feel its overcrowded at all. Dinner time is when you see most people.
FOOD : I have travelled to many places and stayed in so many hotels and Im telling you all the Food on this island is just FANTASTIC . Anything you want you can get it !!
We went Select All Inclusive and I would recommmend this to all.. we had a choice of other restaurants aswell as your buffet Restaurant which is allocated to you depending which part of the Island you are on.
We enjoyed the Buffet so much that we went back twice and didnt go to the Al a carte on all our 5 nights. ( buffet themed nights )The Island BBQ was lovely so was the Thai restaurant. The portions at the pizzeria are quite small . If you dont go Select all inclusive you will find yourselves checking out with a huge bill as its very very expensive . ( unless you stick to your buffet restau and assigned table ).
We took a Speed boat on arrival to male Airport and I wouldnt recommend this especially after you have had such a long flight. We payed extra for a Sky Plane to take us back to Male and this was an excellent experience and took less than 30mins !!
The Gardens are well kept and they take pride in this. There is a bus shuttle service which is handy to get to parts of the Island however sometimes you would be waiting a while so give reception a call and let them know they will call the bus driver to let him know.
Both pools were nice and clean ! Its so chilled and relaxing ! The Water is beautiful crystal clear waters . You can see fish , tropical fish and baby sharks swimming near you and under your villa.
There is a Diving club for divers and water sports aswell.
All in all , I would recommend this Island to everyone . Was really impressed and they try very hard to please you . We had an air conditioning problem they were round in less than 5 mins !
Im fussy and im hot on customer service. This Resort did not fail . ticked all the boxes.
It will be a holiday you will never forget
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An emerald jewel in the turquoise Maldivian waters, Kuramathi is a stunning island retreat with acres of luxuriant vegetation surrounded by spectacular beaches tapering into an endless sandbank. Villas blend contemporary design and nature, and are set on the beach, amongst lush gardens or over water looking out to the vast Indian Ocean. With four built together, the Garden Villas are simple yet stylish providing for our most affordable Kuramathi experience. The Beach Villas are individual villas featuring four poster beds, wooden decks with daybeds and sunloungers. Sited near the sandbank, the Deluxe Beach Villas additionally feature baths. Located amongst lush gardens, the Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature large outdoor decks with sunloungers and garden bathrooms. Round in shape, the Superior Beach Villas with Jacuzzi are contemporary in design with bedrooms that are spacious and minimalist in style. Set in the centre of the island facing the lagoon side, the Deluxe Beach Villas with Jacuzzi feature additional luxuries such as espresso machines and oversized garden bathrooms with inviting sala beds. The Water Villas are built on stilts over the turquoise lagoon, whilst the Water Villas with Jacuzzi are located close to the house reef and features a two-tiered sundeck complete with sunloungers, sun umbrella and outdoor Jacuzzi. The Honeymoon Pool Villas are one bedroom villas with a separate living area and an air-conditioned dining area. The villas are furnished with modern day luxuries, and feature oversized open air bathrooms with twin vanities, LED-lit shower, free standing baths and 10 metre lap pools.The main restaurants on the island serve breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets with live cooking stations. Six other à la carte restaurants offer diverse cuisines and the many bars offer refreshing cocktails and regular evening entertainment, including nights of karaoke, starlit discos or live music.A variety of water sports, diving for all levels and excursions are available. The house reef offers hours of adventurous snorkeling and for ultimate relaxation choose from the innovative therapies at our spa. Welcoming and friendly service, all inclusive packages, Bageecha kids club, sports centre, gym, swimming pools, medical centre with hyperbaric chamber, Eco Centre, boutiques, laundry, library, wi-fi internet are just some of the many facilities available to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives