“THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort

You added Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Raya Tanah Lot | PO Box 158, Tabanan, Bali 82171, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Tabanan
New Delhi
“THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We returned recently from the Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali after having a very special personal celebration. I hosted 40+ people and had booked 17 rooms at this most beautiful resort. I had contemplated others prior, but have returned knowing that without doubt this was the best decision I have made. Despite the spectatular views this resort has to offer, I was completely blow away with the services I received - nothing was too much for them to do. Everything I had asked for which were planned and/or last minute unplanned (happens when you have a large group) was done for me.
The airport valet was friendly and courteous. The check-in process/procedures were easy, we were escorted to our rooms and explained where everything was. The rooms were neat and tidy (albeit in need of maintenance). The restaurants offer a wide variety of cuisines and you will generally get what you want to eat at this hotel. The pools were fantastic, and the kids (we had about 10 in this group) really enjoyed the 54 mtr slide in one of the lower pools. The kids club is really good, and the fact that most of us didnt even see our kids for the 6 nights we were there, is testament to the fact that they had a really great time and were really well taken care off.
At the pool(s) there were ample bed at the pool available, and the service was quick and fast...

The events that I hosted on the 8th, 9th & 11th were really special.... Each party was in a different location, with different decorations offering us a different view of this spectacular property. The food was excellent.. The team was able to accomodate last minute changes with a smile on their face.

This was one of the most wonderful holidays of my life, and while I hosted this event, I also must admit it was one of the best I have ever attended, and I can only attribute this to the wonderful team that made it happen for me... I have special thanks to pass along to the team...

Michelle Ng - who made sure that I selected the Pan Pacific for my event
Intan Indrayanti - who made all the reservations and worked through the initial planning
Ketut Sudigama - the events manager who made the past week one of the most memorable of my life. He and his team (Yuli Anthari) did everything we had asked for and MORE.... I am indebted to you for what you pulled off for me.

Thank you all once again. When I come to Bali next, I will go nowhere else but to the Pan Pacific...

Room Tip: The golf view rooms are slightly different from the rest of the rooms in terms of amenities and desi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

The Hotel is a real oasis in Bali. We stayed here for 11 nights and trust me we had a hard time leaving. We are ussually curious travellers that like to see as much as possible of every place we visit. But while staying in this hotel we struggled to go out. We did visit Kuta, Seminyakc Nusa dua and all the beaches, just to come back to the hotel with the conclusion we had made the perfect choice. If you are a family, this is heaven for kids.
The pool area is fantastic and is very safe and super controlled by the staff.
We do not play golf, but trust me I was very tempted by the gorgeousness of this golf course.
Two constructive complaits from my side:
One regards cleaning service. We stayed in a suite for 12 days and I noticed that they would not move things to clean. Also, on newyears eve they placed two complimentary cupcakes with frosting in our room, wich we did not eat and they stayed melting in the table for 6 days!!

Second complain regards a loss. Me and my boyfriend took a massage during wich I handed two rings to the masseuse. She kindly placed them in my bathrobe . Unfortunately at the end of the massage I forgot to collect them. It was 10 pm and they were closing so I called them the day after. the bathrobe had been sent to laundry and my rings were never found. My fault, of course. But I had hope they would have been found, for the spa was closing and nobody else was there but the staff. I thought the spa staff checked before closing : I was then very confident the laundry staff would have checked before wasing and would have found it .
That was not the case. Again..stupid me for leaving them.
What really disappointed me was that I asked everyday for updates and everyday I was told that there was an insvestigation going on and that the dutty manager would have gotten back to me. The duty manager never did get back to me, despite of the fact that i even wrote an email explaining the details.
I believe they were a little bit short in showing concern and consideration about this matter. It would have been nice if somebody had contacted me asking for details about my loss, a descritpion of the items etc, to at least reassure me they were doing their best to find them.

Apart form this, we truly enjoyed our stay here.

Having said so, the place is outstanding.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IvanCasadevall, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Pan Pacific Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Pan Pacific Nirwana Resort in Bali and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We value your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your constructive feedback, for our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world alike.

First of all, I would like to highlight your very positive ratings in relation to our resort being an oasis in Bali, our fantastic pool area that is very safe, coordinated by our pool attendants and heaven for the young travelers. On the other hand, it is with much regret that I have acknowledged your constructive feedback about our housekeeping service lacking of attention to details and the unfortunate case of the missing rings. Please accept our most sincere apologies for all inconveniences caused on behalf of all our associates, we are all still very sadden by this situation.

With regards to the housekeeping points, we would like to thank you for your feedback as we have already emphasized and retrained our room attendants to pay more attention to details when cleaning and tidying the rooms. Your points are very valid and we have taken them on board immediately. As per the lost rings’ case, it seems clearly that there was a miscommunication issue between our Duty Managers and our Spa team when reaching out to you personally. Let me reassure you that we did take this matter very seriously and we indeed conducted an internal investigation involving interviews with several associates but also a thorough examination of the Spa public areas as well as our laundry equipment and its filters in order to locate the lost items. Unfortunately we did not succeed in our research and we are very sorry for that. I am personally very surprised to hear that nobody managed to revert back to you as the management team was well aware of the situation. I believe our Director of Rooms, Pak Romy, is already in touch with you to resolve this case and provide the details of our report.

Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences during your stay and please contact our Director of Rooms romy.mansoer@panpacific.com or me directly on ivan.casadevall@panpacific.com and we will make sure that you will have a memorable experience in our resort on your next visit.

Look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort.

With kind regards

Ivan Casadevall
India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We brought in the new year at the Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort and it was a wonderful experience. The Resort is extremely beautiful and picturesque with an awesome view of the Tanah Lot Temple. The resort also has a huge swimming pool area with water slides and the kids area is also well equipped with its own kiddie pool. Needless to say the golf course is gorgeous, especially the area where the sea separates the two holes. We thoroughly enjoyed the New Year themed "Alice in Nirwanaland" party, and the resort's efforts in organizing the same were highly commendable. My only regret was that we didn't say longer and will definitely visit the resort again.

Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great venue if you like golf, food great, staff great. Spa and alcohol expensive. Bali not impressive from the parts we saw but limited excursions. Loads of nicer places in Philippines and weather in dec more reliable we had almost 2 consecutive days of rain starting new years eve

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

What can I say about this resort? It is absolutely fantastic!!!!! I travel often to Bali but must say, this is the best resort by far! Sure, it is not so convenient located like Kuta or Seminyak but who cares? I am here to relax and not looking for fine dining or huge department store. I can do all that back home or any other cosmopolitan city. But for those who wants to hit the town, is only 30 to 40 mins drive which is still ok.
The variety of food that the hotel has to offer was plentiful and not overpriced for a 5 star resort. The golf course is always in immaculate condition with extremely knowledgeable caddies. You can actually walked across the golf course through to a village full of cafe and warung before you get to Tanah Lot Temple and watch the sunset.
But what impress me the most is the service and the sincerity of the staffs. They are never to troublesome to run around for you and always with a smile. Try getting the same service in Sydney! Almost impossible. After you stay at the resort for a couple of days, almost all the staff actually remember your name and makes you feel very much at home.
I like to say a big thank you to their whole team in particular to Mr. Romy (Director of Rooms). He knew I was traveling alone and he greeted me on arrival and even offer to play golf with me. With this kind of service, they have definitely won me as a repeated guest. I strongly recommended!
See you guys soon!

Room Tip: Try to spend a little more and upgrade yourself to the suite. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My family thoroughly enjoyed our Christmas holiday at Pan Pacific Nirwana. The resort and surrounding area is very nice and is a great selection for a holiday. Especially when compared to the atmosphere of Kuta. I would say it was 80% families during our stay. I would not say the resort is an elite class overall yet. Some items of the resort are elite level but there are a few items requiring some attention to detail to be elite overall. I look forward to my next visit to see if some of these details might be put in place.

PEOPLE:

Smiles and lots of them. If I could paint a picture of warmth, graciousness, humility and service it would be the faces of the staff at the Pan Pacific. The only issue I encountered with the staff was a few people and a language barrier. I have no issue with this since I am a visitor in their country so it’s really me with the language barrier. Just be patient, point to the menu item or talk to someone else on the staff if you are not able to make your request clear. Everyone I encountered really wanted to make sure we had a great time. At the pool the staff communicates via an earplug radio so you can ask anyone for anything and they work to fulfill your request immediately. The restaurants, bars and spa were also all the same, gracious and warm.

FACILITIES – GENERAL:

Inside and out the hotel is very impressive. Especially when you have to consider the maintenance headaches of being in the tropics. The resort is big and spread out but somehow doesn’t feel massive like a Las Vegas resort feels. It’s well designed into the terrain and with the golf course and ocean adjacent has a great atmosphere. The grounds are well maintained and as clean as any Disney resort. Other posts have said there are issues with cell coverage but I had 5 bars the whole time. The hotel provides wi-fi and coverage was great in the rooms and at the pool.
The view looking west over the golf course, ocean and Tanah Lot is amazing. Be sure to take a walk past the 7th green, the par 3 on the ocean with the view of the Tanah Lot Temple, for a sunset drink. If you walk past the open bars you also come into the little town. It’s a lot of T-shirt shops but worth the visit.

ROOMS:

TWO BEDROOM VILLA: With my GHA status I was able to upgrade into a two bedroom villa which was perfect since it was my wife and my two sons. It is two separate en-suite villa’s and each has an outdoor shower which is fabulous. We share a covered patio overlooking the 12th green and there is a plunge pool. The bed is very comfortable. Firm under a soft mattress topper and you sink into a deep sleep after a day in the sun. The down side of the room was the walk in closet area. It’s a large closet area with a poor closet design. Limited shelving, which should be slide out and not dark shelves which makes it hard to see what’s in the closet, and limited hangers. We took hangers from the kids villa so we had enough. The closet, bathroom and outdoor area also needs some wall pegs to hang wet items. I’m sure the hotel doesn’t want it looking like a caravan park with stuff hanging outside but to have no wall pegs to hang shorts, jeans or wet bathing suits is missing details that are needed. So make plans to deal with your wet clothing since there is nowhere to hang it up.
ONE BEDROOM VILLA: There were one bedroom villa’s near ours and they have the same outdoor shower, plunge pool and outdoor patio. They just do not have the extra villa with the two beds. Otherwise it’s exactly the same as the villa with the King bed my wife and I had.

STANDARD ROOM: I was able to get a look at a standard hotel style room and it’s like most high end hotel rooms in styling and is in the range of 350 to 400 square feet. All rooms have balconies and you get 2 chairs and a small table. Nearly all the rooms appear to have a good view of the grounds regardless of being garden, golf or pool view.

FACILITIES – RESTAURANTS:

MERICA: Open for breakfast with a better than average buffet. It’s ample and can handle the different cultural tastes at the resort but I wouldn’t call it spectacular. We had dinner here once and the service was S-L-O-W. At least three times we had to go in search of our server. Food was good but not amazing.

POOL GRILL: Overlooks the pool area and we preferred this over Merica. Everything from casual satay to steaks. Food was better, service was better and they had entertainment out here a couple nights.

SUNSET LOUNGE: Beautiful view with overpriced drinks and B-O-R-I-N-G. We made friendships with other guests and hung out here some but almost always we were the only ones there. This place needs drinks specials, maybe a small two piece band and any other ideas to get more people to the bar. Maybe the hotel needs to add some free evening activities for the kids that are supervised by the hotel to free the parents from their rooms. Add a game room nearby for the kids and that way the parents can enjoy the bar for an hour or two. Please do something if it hasn’t been tried already.
I feel the hotel charges items higher since we are so remote. For instance Christmas buffet dinner, with a lot of choices to be fair, was $80 USD per person over 12 years in age. Maybe the cost of bringing the items in for the dinner requires this amount per guest but it just seems very high. Overall prices are higher than usual in Bali.

FACILITIES – POOL AND BEACH:

There is no swimmable beach and given the garbage issue on Bali you wouldn’t want to try. The pool grounds are amazing. Multiple levels, water slides, waterfalls and activities on your own. There are loungers and day beds but be warned, if occupancy is high you could get stuck on the grass without a lounger. I cannot believe that I saw guests on towels and handed out cushions on the grass terraces because there are not enough loungers and beds. This is another one of those detail items. In my mind you are not five star resort if you cannot accommodate people with loungers or day beds. The management would of heard from me loud and clear if I was provided a cushion and towel with instructions to sit on the grass.
The hotel also needs to add more daily activities. We were there a week and there was one hour with water aerobics and music. Again, not looking to go overboard with action but the pool area needs more life and music. These activities are also a great way for your guests to meet one another and then we socialize, drink and eat more. It’s a win-win. We have more fun and the hotel gets more revenue.

FACILITIES – SPA:

My wife loved the spa and the tour I took thru the spa looked lovely. She had an aromatherapy message and was very happy. The friends we made while there did a treatment about every other day and said the service and quality was exceptional.

FACILITIES - GOLF:

The golf course is fantastic. Brilliant layout and tougher than average but a very fair course. Green fee is $175 USD and includes the cart and caddie. The tip for the caddie is not included and should be no less than 150,000.
FACILITIES – KIDS CLUB:
My kids are too old for the Kids Club but this looked very nice and was well used by families. There is an outdoor climbing course with a zip line that is attended to by someone and very safe. There is also a rock wall with the same attention to safety. The club had activities like tie-dye and games. You can also sign your kids up for a turtle release.

I would choose to go to the Pan Pacific Nirwana again and if you choose to stay here I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

Antipolo City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was looking for a place to stay near the famous Tanah Lot temple to capture its magnificent sunset when I found this hotel. At first, I was hesitant because this hotel is far (about at least an hour drive) from the usual fun-packed Kuta. I was thinking that we might get bored if we're going to stay for several days coz of its isolation.. but man!! I was wrong.. and thankfully, we proceeded to book two ocean view rooms for five of us. And it didn't end there. We're surprised to find out that our rooms were upgraded to executive suites free of charge :) When we arrived after more than an hour drive from the airport, we were all greeted by the hotel's very friendly staffs. Then I immediately noticed how vast the place is. Lush gardens are everywhere with several foot paths leading to the resort's restaurants, pools and lagoons, and the golf course in the distance. I said to myself this is a perfect vacation resort for couples and families with little kids. And since the resort is situated on an elevated terrain, you will have a magnificent view of the sea and the famous Tanah Lot temple.

Not only the resort's vicinity is huge.. but so with our rooms, the executive suites. It has a spacious and well-lighted living room and master bedroom with a view of the open sea. Complimentary fruits and a platter of imported chocolates were neatly arranged on the center table. Even the marbled bathroom next to the master's is so spacious that you can even put another queen-sized bed inside :) What even more relaxing is having your good night sleep in the warmth of soft beds and pillows.. and taking your breakfast on outside tables by the next morning feeling the gentle slap of cool sea breeze on your face. Definitely, my main choice of hotel on future Bali visits.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort? Share your experiences!