“great place for a relaxing holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort

You added Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Raya Tanah Lot | PO Box 158, Tabanan, Bali 82171, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Tabanan
Shekou
“great place for a relaxing holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is our second stay at the hotel. We were there in October 2012 and now again in Feb 2013. I didn't get round to writing a review then so will intersperse it with our stay this time.

Staff are excellent. Warm, friendly and extremely helpful. Many of them remembered us from our stay in October and warmly greeted us.

Food at Merica, TLC (in house restaurants) served good, decent food. Poolside grill was decent. Service from Devi at poolside grill was excellent. Resort prices. The steaks were excellent at Merica and done to perfection. TLC served decent tapas and sandwiches. We have tried all the restaurants and all their special food nights - BBQ grill, legong dance (cultural dance), Italian night. Here's my summary of what's good:

BBQ grill - the butterfish is excellent. Really melts in the mouth. The kechak (?) dance was a hit with my 6 yr old. It's done in the sand pit and unfortunately, my child got bitten badly by sand flies. The BBQ is really good for seafood, meats and Babi guling.

Legong dance - many dances to entertain. My child really enjoyed it although it was way past her bedtime. Dance started about 8pm and ended about 9ishpm. Dinner starts at 7pm. It's open air, so dress lightly. It was humid and we were all drenched in perspiration. Great backdrop of the ocean. Food was balinese and had a good variety for vegetarians and meat lovers.

Italian buffet - decent food and wines. Do not expect gourmet italian food. There were pizzas (albeit cold), pastas made on the spot, some meats, fish etc. Decent desserts and fruits. (point to note: They didn't charge my 6 yr old who picked at her food and ate like a bird.)

Breakfast buffet is lush. Pacific club access also had their own breakfast menu and we had foie gras brioche on one of the days.

We travelled both times with children.

I brought my baby on both trips. He is now 9 months and needed pureed food. The kitchen / hotel staff were very helpful and prepared what I asked for (boiled rice, chicken and carrots blended together). Saved me from having to bring a hand blender and jars of baby food!

Hotel has purchased new cots which was a boon. The last time we were there, they had old metal cots and now, they were spanking new playpen/cots which were lovely.

A point of contention for me was the kids club. It is very very quiet as other reviewers have noted. Kids club was free when we were there in October 2012. They have started to charge for it since January 2013. Rates are charge for the first hour and then per minute after. They have also just built a new playground with slides/swings which is free for kids to play in. The highrope activities are chargeable per hour which would include rock climbing etc. I never saw anyone using it and found it rather expensive (about IDR 175,000 per hour). My child would have completed the highrope walk in less than 10 mins. It would have better if the high rope activities were free and the rockclimbing (which would have needed supervision) were free.

We did pay for our child to play in kids club. Fortunately she had made friends with another little girl during our hotel stay so they both enjoyed their time at the kids club having their faces painted and they made little flowers and painted a bit. The kids club is very quiet and we didn't see any other children using it.

The pool and slides are brilliant. My 2.5yr old and 6yr old loved it.

A note to those thinking of bring their nanny along:
We wanted to book a 2 bedroom villa which came with a little pool back in October 2012 as we were bringing the kid's nanny and grandma along. It didn't work out as the "living room" of the villa was an open air bale. This meant mosquitoes and kids wouldn't have been able to go out to the living room at night. Our nanny wouldn't have had a place to sleep in either. (The single rooms were in another section of the hotel). Also, golfers may hit golf balls into the villa which wouldn't have been ideal. (It's possible! I hit my golf ball to the edge of the wall of the villa!!)

We ended up booking a garden suite with an adjoining room which worked out. Grandma slept with our 2 older girls in the adjoining room, nanny took the couch in the living room and we took the bedroom in the suite with baby. There was a sliding door for privacy in the suite. Also, the suite has an additional powder room and toilet which was ideal for the nanny. So the adults could go out for a meal and leave the children in the rooms with nanny babysitting.

Would have been ideal if the hotel had a 3 bedroom villa but we found the above combination worked out.

We stayed in the same garden suite again in Feb 2013. We had put in a strong request for the room to be properly cleaned as our baby was now crawling all over the floor. The last time we were stayed, the rooms were dusty and dirty. Shower area in adjoining room was moldy and they had to bleach and clean it again.

Garden suite was great as the extra space gave the kids space to chill in the living room and baby to crawl around. Also helped when we had friends we had made in the hotel over chatting in the living room while kids slept in the bedroom with the sliding door shut.

Making reservations was not exactly easy. A lot of patience is needed as their command of english isn't very strong. Do make repeated requests if what you ask is not answered in the first instance.

We had club lounge access which was lovely. I liked the quiet environment and now they serve high tea in the afternoon. Kids could watch telly while adults ate. Club access gave you free canapes, cocktails/mocktails at the sunset lounge which is a lovely area to chill to watch the sunset!

We would really like to thank the staff at the sunset lounge:
In the mornings, when no guests were around, my 6yr old would play on the piano and the staff were very accommodating. Thank you for that!

Overall, a very pleasant experience. Do try chilling in one of the open air bales by the ocean. It's a must do (do it in the morning, the setting sun will heat it up very quickly).

Room Tip: Rooms are renovated. We had ground floor rooms so kids could run to the pool without taking the stai...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I wanted to thank your team for a wonderful stay at your resort.

At the resort we had the pleasure of using most of the facilities.

You have a great team at the resort and we wish to pass on our positive experiences as these are usually not expressed as easily as the negative ones.

The staff at the restaurants were wonderful with our son & spent as much time as possible during their shift engaging him without ignoring their duties, which he appreciated immensely.

Their service was exceptional, perfectly timed and always with a smile.

The Menu choices, food presentation and taste at each of your venues we ate at was outstanding and certainly a highlight of our stay.

The Pool bar staff were quick to remember our names and drink preferences (especially Made). Again the service was excellent. We loved the pool slides, what a treat for a resort.

We also enjoyed the turtle release and Bali buffet night.

The Ladies in the Sunset lounge were fantastic, and the view was to die for, we only wish we could have enjoyed the other Club benefits here as we never wanted to leave the view.

The room upgrades for the "Club" are great. The linens and aesthetics are a pleasing refuge after a long day at the pool. It is not often that you go to a hotel which lives up to its photography via the internet. Every view form any angle at the Pan Pacific was a picture perfect moment. I am sure that this resort (as it was quieter when we visited) is a sleeping giant. Once everyone gets stock of the service, amenities & location, I am sure it will be hard to book!!

We enjoyed our stay so much we are hoping to return

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Aarup, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We are lived many places in the World - this hotel is one of the absolutly Best. The rooms are fantastic, we loved the pool area. All the Area is very clean and the service is absolutly fantastic. We loved the hours at the pool area and the bars, just watch the ocean and the Area is stunning.
The Food at the hotel is amazing, but expensive compared to the other restaurants we tryed. The staff is great and very polid.
If you like to party and go to bars, this is not the place, its in the middle of nowhere, but if you love luxus, silence and stunning nature, this is the place.

Room Tip: We have ocean view and loved it
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Well, my family and I have just returned from spending 8 nights at the Pan Pacific resort. We all had a lovely time and the kids are already asking when we can go back. The highlight for my wife and I was most definetly the golf course, which was superb. The condition of the course was far better than I was expecting given it is the rainy season. And the views from the holes near the water are beyound description. The Caddies were also great with a speacial mention to Desi who made the golf even more enjoyable with her helpful guidance and friendly personality. My wife is a beginner golfer and she really benefitted from thier guidance on the course.
The pool areas are great and the kids loved the water slides. Though my 5 year old son found the pool depth of 1.2 meters a little bit of a challenge. At least one of the pools should have been made a bit shallower to cater for smaller kids....though this is just a comment, not a complaint.

We ate in all the resturants and found them to be nice. The food was good, without being spectacular. Service in all the resturants was good/very good. Sri in the pool bar was very nice, especially to the kids.

Now for a few of the negatives. As of the 1st Jan this year the Resort has started charging for Kids Club. We had Kids Club included in our package, so it didn't impact us, but speaking to some other guests with kids, they were very annoyed and the daily/hourly cost stopped them using the Club. I believe it will also stop them returning.

I get a sense the management have decided to increase revenue by charging for things that in many (most??) resorts are free. Eg bikes in the resort, Kids Club activities (rock climbing wall), tennis court hire. Though this didn't impact us at all, it was a talking point with some of guests I spoke to.

I also don't beleive the Spa is up to the standard of the rest of the resort. The packages on offer were a bit "basic" and the treatment rooms seemed rather plain. Given the costs for a Spa treatment you would expect the offer to be better.

As has been discussed many times this resort is far away from many of the attractions of Bali. For many (and us) this is a benefit. Though I think if you didn't play golf you may find yourself a little bored if you spent all your time at the resort.

Overall, a great holiday at a lovely resort with the golf being an abosolute highlight.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am a little sad to say this is the final day of our holiday at this magnificent resort. From the moment we arrived nothing has been too much trouble for any of the staff, the lovely ladies at the reception to the staff around the pool have all been helpful. We have eaten in all of the restaurants (at the resort, room service and the golf course) .. food was great !! Each morning we are greeted with bright smiles from everyone !!! We have both enjoyed beautiful massages from the lovely staff in the spa. My husband has played three rounds of golf at this beautiful golf course and loved every minute of it ... (A special Thank you to Lilly. .... My husbands golf caddy, she is a beautiful lady)
Thank you for a wonderful holiday Pan Pacific, we will be back :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Natasha B

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort. I am delighted at your review of our staff and I know they will also greatly appreciate reading your comments. All of our associates embody Balinese Hospitality and they truly go out of their way to make all of our Guests stays memorable.

We are also grateful to have an excellent Executive Chef who is of course supported by an amazing culinary team. Our Spa and Golf course are of course two of our gems that can provide great experiences to our Guests and both facilities assist us in bringing back our guests for repeated stays. We shall recognize Lilly for looking after your husband on the Golf Course and I am sure she looks forward to your return to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali in the near future.

Please do not be sad, it is easier to smile and plan your next great vacation at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort! We are ready to welcome you back soon!
perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

For our 10th visit and as a "holiday to remember", I chose to book a villa for our stay this time! Wow! I had read some reviews on villa accommodation and had, on past stays looked enviously at them, but, never expected to find such a hidden secret behind the villa walls!
For the first 7 nights we stayed in a 2 bedroom villa, with each bedroom separated by a pathway which leads to an outdoor bale and plunge pool. This villa was overlooking a river and the 12th green.
Each room is tastefully decorated, the bathroom has a separate bath, full length mirror, double handbasins, shower and a door leading to an outside shower. It is also stocked with shampoo, conditioner, bath/shower gel, bath crystals, loofah, soap, shaving kit, toothbrushes and paste, sewing kit, shoe buff, emery board, wipes and cotton buds, shower cap and comb! All good quality and I loved the feel and softness of my hair using the supplied products! Usually hotel supplied hair products are drying, but not so here! The soap is gentle on the skin also!
The entrance/hall has full length mirror just inside the door next to a wall of wardrobe/cupboard space and a mirror/makeup area attached, complete with stool.
The bedroom area has a table and chair, state of the art tv/sound system, wall and strip lighting, a choice of ceiling fan or airconditioning and tasteful wall decorations.
The floors are all tiled and the bed linen and furnishings are very elegant!
A double glass sliding door leads from the bedroom to the outdoor area.
Beside the plunge pool are two sun loungers and table. The bale which is floored with non slip tiles, has a wide day bed, beautiful solid wood table and upholstered chairs, a buffet containing glasses, placemats, mini fridge. There is a pathway through a gate from the plunge pool to the outdoor shower!
The villa also has a butler!!! I was not sure what to expect from a butler, wondering whether one would be constantly bothered, but found this not to be the case at all!
There were three butlers, Budiarti, Nyoman and Yasrie who worked in shifts.
A call to Service and the butler would arrive with a buggy to drive us to breakfast, golf or hotel lobby, in fact anywhere we wanted to go!
In the afternoon after shift changeover, the butler would arrive with a daily paper and some sweet treats as well! All three butlers had friendly natures, were extremely helpful and are a great asset to the Hotel!
On arrival, a special anniversary cake was waiting in our room as the holiday was also an early wedding anniversary celebration! The chocolate layered cake was wickedly delicious and nicely decorated!
On Christmas Eve, a beautifully handmade decorated gingerbread house was delivered to our villa!

For the next 7 days, we moved to two, one bedroom villas as the 1st villa was pre booked.
Our Son moved to one which was close to the river and a small waterfall and had an infinity pool! We moved to what has to be the best one around! We were right in front of the 13th tee, with a view of the fairway up to the 13th green, the river mouth and a view right across the bay to Uluwatu around to Jimbaran Bay and at night the sky lit up with the lights of Kuta and Legian!
Fantastic!!!!
Such relaxation, calm, privacy, luxury! We all loved the outdoor bale area that we enjoyed many evening meals via room service, leisurely dining with a view unparallelled! Really, what more could you want, when seeking a relaxing holiday?

The entrance door to the villa compound is only accessible by keycard which also opens the villa door. The door is also able to be bolted from the inside and there is a "do not disturb" switch which lights up a wall decoration on the entrance wall to alert one and all, not to enter.
Every day, a gardener, pool maintenance man accompanied housekeeping to clean the villa and grounds. A water test was carried out daily which was good!
We ate at Merica, TLC, Ocean Bar and Grill and Golfer's Terrace as well as sunset drinks at the Sunset Lounge. The Christmas menus will have you drooling!!! I will write separate reviews of these experiences.
The men enjoyed golfing, working out at the gym and visiting the spa for massages and a hair cut/shoulder massage!
We have been to Bali so many times, that we enjoy the remoteness of Nirwana! We have no desire to "shop til we drop", and as my holidays are limited to 2 weeks per year, I thoroughly enjoy the total relaxation, location and ambience found here!

Room Tip: The villas are definitely for your bucket list!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear wendybushellPerth,

I am delighted that even after your 10th visit to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali you still take the time to write such an enthusiastic review on TripAdvisor – thank you!

I am delighted that you discovered something new during this stay as a stay in a private Villa is certainly much different than a stay in any Hotel Room or even large Hotel Suite. You have done such a wonderful job describing our Villas I am lost for words and there is no need for me to add anything to your description.

Recognizing our three Butlers assigned to your Villa is greatly appreciated by me and I shall thank them personally for taking such good care of you throughout your stay with us.
Thank you also for experiencing all of our Restaurants and facilities such as our award winning Golf Course or relaxing in our Spa. I know our Chef put a lot of effort into our Christmas Dinners and your appreciation will only motivate him to outdo himself for our next Christmas.

Please book your 2013 Christmas Villa very soon as I suspect following your review we may have an influx of reservations for our Villas.

It was a delight to meet you and your family during your two weeks at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali, and I hope I can welcome you back this coming December (unless you can take a quick break during your winter and visit us again sooner)

All of the best and hope to see you again soon!
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali was one of only a few Bali destinations that offered a golf course alongside a 5 star hotel/resort. The 90 mins transfer from Denpasar was well worth it to escape the crowds in Kuta and Seminyak and a private transfer is recommended. We were really impressed by the quality of the resort with modern and well maintained suites and facilities. The cuisine was excellent and catered for many tastes. The service was excellent with very friendly and helpful assistance only a question away. The golf course was an absolute stunner and in championship condition. It is perhaps one of the most dramatic settings I've played and should definitely be placed on your golfing bucket list. Whilst not your usual cheap Bali getaway, it is comparable to other world class resorts in SE Asia and fair value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Shane R

Thank you for posting a review detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort. We are indeed blessed with one of the top Golf Courses in Asia if not the World and I appreciate you recognizing this facility. Our Signature hole (number 7) is likely the most photographed Golf hole in Asia and our course continues to win many annual awards. I am glad that you managed to play during your holiday and I hope you will come back during our summer season where the golf course looks and plays even better.

While we are merely 30 kilometers north of the Airport during the busy Christmas season this can on occasion take 90 minutes, however once here you are away from the congested areas. For those guests who like to partake in some shopping activities we do offer daily shuttles to Seminyak and Kuta, however we find a lot of guests rather remain in the resort and only venture as far as Tanah Lot Temple which is a 10 minute walk away.

As many guests choose to simply stay at the resort throughout their visit, we do offer a variety of culinary offerings as well as planned theme dinners and events so our guest can choose a different venue every day. Naturally all of this would not be enjoyable without great service and it is a pleasure to work with our associates who all embody Balinese hospitality. Thank you so much for recognizing their hard work.

The resort was renovated in 2011 and I thank you for recognizing our modern rooms and facilities. Hopefully I will be able to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali in the very near future.

Been to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort? Share your experiences!