“Wow .... We will be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort

You added Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort to your Saves list
Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Raya Tanah Lot | PO Box 158, Tabanan, Bali 82171, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tabanan
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Australia
“Wow .... We will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I am a little sad to say this is the final day of our holiday at this magnificent resort. From the moment we arrived nothing has been too much trouble for any of the staff, the lovely ladies at the reception to the staff around the pool have all been helpful. We have eaten in all of the restaurants (at the resort, room service and the golf course) .. food was great !! Each morning we are greeted with bright smiles from everyone !!! We have both enjoyed beautiful massages from the lovely staff in the spa. My husband has played three rounds of golf at this beautiful golf course and loved every minute of it ... (A special Thank you to Lilly. .... My husbands golf caddy, she is a beautiful lady)
Thank you for a wonderful holiday Pan Pacific, we will be back :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Natasha B

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort. I am delighted at your review of our staff and I know they will also greatly appreciate reading your comments. All of our associates embody Balinese Hospitality and they truly go out of their way to make all of our Guests stays memorable.

We are also grateful to have an excellent Executive Chef who is of course supported by an amazing culinary team. Our Spa and Golf course are of course two of our gems that can provide great experiences to our Guests and both facilities assist us in bringing back our guests for repeated stays. We shall recognize Lilly for looking after your husband on the Golf Course and I am sure she looks forward to your return to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali in the near future.

Please do not be sad, it is easier to smile and plan your next great vacation at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort! We are ready to welcome you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

For our 10th visit and as a "holiday to remember", I chose to book a villa for our stay this time! Wow! I had read some reviews on villa accommodation and had, on past stays looked enviously at them, but, never expected to find such a hidden secret behind the villa walls!
For the first 7 nights we stayed in a 2 bedroom villa, with each bedroom separated by a pathway which leads to an outdoor bale and plunge pool. This villa was overlooking a river and the 12th green.
Each room is tastefully decorated, the bathroom has a separate bath, full length mirror, double handbasins, shower and a door leading to an outside shower. It is also stocked with shampoo, conditioner, bath/shower gel, bath crystals, loofah, soap, shaving kit, toothbrushes and paste, sewing kit, shoe buff, emery board, wipes and cotton buds, shower cap and comb! All good quality and I loved the feel and softness of my hair using the supplied products! Usually hotel supplied hair products are drying, but not so here! The soap is gentle on the skin also!
The entrance/hall has full length mirror just inside the door next to a wall of wardrobe/cupboard space and a mirror/makeup area attached, complete with stool.
The bedroom area has a table and chair, state of the art tv/sound system, wall and strip lighting, a choice of ceiling fan or airconditioning and tasteful wall decorations.
The floors are all tiled and the bed linen and furnishings are very elegant!
A double glass sliding door leads from the bedroom to the outdoor area.
Beside the plunge pool are two sun loungers and table. The bale which is floored with non slip tiles, has a wide day bed, beautiful solid wood table and upholstered chairs, a buffet containing glasses, placemats, mini fridge. There is a pathway through a gate from the plunge pool to the outdoor shower!
The villa also has a butler!!! I was not sure what to expect from a butler, wondering whether one would be constantly bothered, but found this not to be the case at all!
There were three butlers, Budiarti, Nyoman and Yasrie who worked in shifts.
A call to Service and the butler would arrive with a buggy to drive us to breakfast, golf or hotel lobby, in fact anywhere we wanted to go!
In the afternoon after shift changeover, the butler would arrive with a daily paper and some sweet treats as well! All three butlers had friendly natures, were extremely helpful and are a great asset to the Hotel!
On arrival, a special anniversary cake was waiting in our room as the holiday was also an early wedding anniversary celebration! The chocolate layered cake was wickedly delicious and nicely decorated!
On Christmas Eve, a beautifully handmade decorated gingerbread house was delivered to our villa!

For the next 7 days, we moved to two, one bedroom villas as the 1st villa was pre booked.
Our Son moved to one which was close to the river and a small waterfall and had an infinity pool! We moved to what has to be the best one around! We were right in front of the 13th tee, with a view of the fairway up to the 13th green, the river mouth and a view right across the bay to Uluwatu around to Jimbaran Bay and at night the sky lit up with the lights of Kuta and Legian!
Fantastic!!!!
Such relaxation, calm, privacy, luxury! We all loved the outdoor bale area that we enjoyed many evening meals via room service, leisurely dining with a view unparallelled! Really, what more could you want, when seeking a relaxing holiday?

The entrance door to the villa compound is only accessible by keycard which also opens the villa door. The door is also able to be bolted from the inside and there is a "do not disturb" switch which lights up a wall decoration on the entrance wall to alert one and all, not to enter.
Every day, a gardener, pool maintenance man accompanied housekeeping to clean the villa and grounds. A water test was carried out daily which was good!
We ate at Merica, TLC, Ocean Bar and Grill and Golfer's Terrace as well as sunset drinks at the Sunset Lounge. The Christmas menus will have you drooling!!! I will write separate reviews of these experiences.
The men enjoyed golfing, working out at the gym and visiting the spa for massages and a hair cut/shoulder massage!
We have been to Bali so many times, that we enjoy the remoteness of Nirwana! We have no desire to "shop til we drop", and as my holidays are limited to 2 weeks per year, I thoroughly enjoy the total relaxation, location and ambience found here!

Room Tip: The villas are definitely for your bucket list!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear wendybushellPerth,

I am delighted that even after your 10th visit to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali you still take the time to write such an enthusiastic review on TripAdvisor – thank you!

I am delighted that you discovered something new during this stay as a stay in a private Villa is certainly much different than a stay in any Hotel Room or even large Hotel Suite. You have done such a wonderful job describing our Villas I am lost for words and there is no need for me to add anything to your description.

Recognizing our three Butlers assigned to your Villa is greatly appreciated by me and I shall thank them personally for taking such good care of you throughout your stay with us.
Thank you also for experiencing all of our Restaurants and facilities such as our award winning Golf Course or relaxing in our Spa. I know our Chef put a lot of effort into our Christmas Dinners and your appreciation will only motivate him to outdo himself for our next Christmas.

Please book your 2013 Christmas Villa very soon as I suspect following your review we may have an influx of reservations for our Villas.

It was a delight to meet you and your family during your two weeks at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali, and I hope I can welcome you back this coming December (unless you can take a quick break during your winter and visit us again sooner)

All of the best and hope to see you again soon!
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali was one of only a few Bali destinations that offered a golf course alongside a 5 star hotel/resort. The 90 mins transfer from Denpasar was well worth it to escape the crowds in Kuta and Seminyak and a private transfer is recommended. We were really impressed by the quality of the resort with modern and well maintained suites and facilities. The cuisine was excellent and catered for many tastes. The service was excellent with very friendly and helpful assistance only a question away. The golf course was an absolute stunner and in championship condition. It is perhaps one of the most dramatic settings I've played and should definitely be placed on your golfing bucket list. Whilst not your usual cheap Bali getaway, it is comparable to other world class resorts in SE Asia and fair value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Shane R

Thank you for posting a review detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort. We are indeed blessed with one of the top Golf Courses in Asia if not the World and I appreciate you recognizing this facility. Our Signature hole (number 7) is likely the most photographed Golf hole in Asia and our course continues to win many annual awards. I am glad that you managed to play during your holiday and I hope you will come back during our summer season where the golf course looks and plays even better.

While we are merely 30 kilometers north of the Airport during the busy Christmas season this can on occasion take 90 minutes, however once here you are away from the congested areas. For those guests who like to partake in some shopping activities we do offer daily shuttles to Seminyak and Kuta, however we find a lot of guests rather remain in the resort and only venture as far as Tanah Lot Temple which is a 10 minute walk away.

As many guests choose to simply stay at the resort throughout their visit, we do offer a variety of culinary offerings as well as planned theme dinners and events so our guest can choose a different venue every day. Naturally all of this would not be enjoyable without great service and it is a pleasure to work with our associates who all embody Balinese hospitality. Thank you so much for recognizing their hard work.

The resort was renovated in 2011 and I thank you for recognizing our modern rooms and facilities. Hopefully I will be able to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali in the very near future.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights up until Christmas morning. Lots of festive activities (special dinners, cocktails etc), as well as super welcoming staff. Musaq style Christmas carols that were piped around the various restaurants and bars were a bit much - luckily that finished Christmas morning and was replaced by more relaxing indonesian music. Also great world musician playing in the pool grill and kids from a local orphanage performing on Christmas eve. Very peaceful surroundings, particularly near the temple (apart from at sunset which gets crowded). Awesome "local experience" planting rice - absolutely worthwhile!

Room Tip: I was in an Ocean View room which had a golf course and ocean vista, couldn't see the temple fro...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear whiterhinoJ,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort. We greatly appreciate your comments around our festive activities as we try to create different experiences for all of our guests. Our Christmas music may have been a little over the top, however it is difficult to create an atmosphere of Christmas in a tropical paradise setting. I am delighted that you enjoyed the orphanage performance as this is an annual tradition that greatly supports our community and Christmas is a time to give and share.

Our “local experiences” are part of our GHA Discovery loyalty program and our guests enjoy the different experiences provided especially the interaction with our local associates. A visit to Tanah Lot temple is an absolute must while staying with us as this is the most famous and most visited temple in Bali. Some guests choose a visit in the early morning while others who enjoy the busier evenings enjoy watching the sunset over the temple. The temple visit is a mere 10 minute walk from our lobby and most of our guests select to visit this temple by walking.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and I hope I can welcome you back to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali in the very near future.
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here for two nights which was enough for us because it felt a bit isolated. These style of resorts aren't for everyone. You really could be anywhere in the world as they are all the same with their generic luxury. Its also such a huge property that you need to have a driver to go anywhere outside even just to the convenience store which we were charged 50,000 IDR for.

When we first arrived they put us in a room far away from the pool. The walk was so long I thought we would never get there. When we finally arrived I was very impressed with the golf course view but then I discovered the toilet did not flush properly. I had to flush 4 times for it to work. I called the desk and the manager came to our room to tell us we were being upgraded. We were then moved to a room overlooking the pool and the toilet worked.

We really enjoyed relaxing by the pool and using the huge water slide was so much fun but if you want to experience the real Bali this is not the place. This is more for people who want to cocoon themselves from the world on fantasy island and just spend time relaxing.

You really have no need to leave the place as it has 4 or 5 restaurants and bars. The prices compared to western countries are cheap however in two days for two of us we still managed to spend $350 US. We did indulge in some wine though which was the most expensive part.
We ate in two of the restaurants - the poolside grill which was nice but nothing special and Merica which was average. I had the duck which was quite tough and the chat potatoes were soft and luke warm as opposed to crispy and hot. They are trying hard to create a western standard of dining but its not very successful unfortunately. Im not sure what it is about Bali but everywhere we ate the food was luke warm - cold.

Breakfast was the usual lavish international buffet style with an egg station but again they didn't know how to poach eggs correctly and so they were under done. Loved the bircher muesli and yogurt. I admit I am fussy about coffee as I live in Sydney where we have excellent italian style espresso but coffee as usual for asia was poor. Not sure why this is always the case. Surely 5 star hotels must know by now that its in their best interest to serve quality espresso. Also be warned - an illy sign does not equal decent coffee.

Tanah Lot Temple is very close by but we were told that if we wanted to walk via the cliffs we would need to go before 7am to avoid danger crossing the golf course. To be honest unless you go really early don't even bother. The scene there is ugly. So crowded with tourists posing for photos and locals trying to sell junk that its not enjoyable at all. Instead just enjoy the view from afar.

One of the best parts of this hotel are the daybeds on the cliff edge. Its extremely relaxing to nap/siesta on them and listen to the waves. We also went after dinner in the evening. Truly wonderful experience.

Overall the service here is fantastic and the atmosphere is amazing. You really do feel like you are in some kind of utopia however we were very lucky to stay during the quiet time and so there were times when we felt like we had the entire place to ourselves. Im not sure if I would enjoy it so much if it was full or near full.

Note -
if you don't have kids go to breakfast earlier rather than later as our peaceful breakfast was disturbed by noisy families with screaming children. The second and third day we went earlier and it was good. Families take longer to get organised, use this to your advantage. Same goes for dinner. Go later rather than earlier.

Very relaxing time and I may stay again however only short term as I prefer to get amongst the the real culture.

Room Tip: Try get a room by the pool to avoid a long walk. This hotel is massive and can take 10 minutes to wa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear bewdaful,

It is greatly appreciated that you took the time to write such a detailed review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort.

Our Resort is located on 103 hectares of Bali’s coastline and nature and thus it is a rather large and tranquiller setting compared too many of the resorts located amongst Bali’s busier locations. We feel that we are blessed with our natural setting however you are correct by stating that walking is part of the experience at our Resort. I am happy to read that we were able to upgrade your room following an inappropriate toilet flusher experience and that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our five swimming pools and water slide are certainly a hit amongst all of our guests who enjoy swimming and participating in water activities. The waterslides are popular with kids of all ages (including myself). Due to the large area, we do try to offer sufficient restaurant experiences for those guests who choose to remain on our resort during their entire stay and I appreciate you noticing this fact. Unfortunately wine in Indonesia is on the pricy side as the customs fees for all imported alcohol remain very high in our Country.

Your comments regarding food temperature, poached eggs and overall temperature of food will not go unnoticed and I shall personally discuss this with our Chef and Kitchen crew as these are basics and you as a guest have every right to expect that this is flawless.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to Tanah Lot temple, and as this is the most famous temple in Bali yes there are many little shops selling many inexpensive souvenirs. With an average of 5000 visitors per day for this local attraction the local vendors do take advantage of this and unfortunately this can be a disappointment for some visitors.

Our Daybeds on our Cliff Lawn are truly amazing as one can enjoy the sounds of the sea, the gorgeous views of the Indian Ocean and usually with a nice Ocean Breeze that can make one forget the time of the day or the exact location.

Your comments regarding our service are greatly appreciated as this is a very important key to create memorable Hotel experiences.

I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort in the very near future.
perth, western australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here many times before, and keep coming back. We had 5 nights at the Westin Nusa Dua, before this 7 night stay. The Westin's beds were incredible, and fabulous to be able to walk to other restaurants close by, but that is the only things that were better than the Pan Pacific. The resort is so relaxing. The golf was incredible. Our older kids love the water slides. The staff are always attentive, and try their very best. The kids club ladies still remember our kids names, they are now teenagers so no longer use the kids club. Everything about this hotel is amazing, apart from picking the whole resort up and moving it closer to restaurants/shopping, you really can't hope for better. We had 2 interconnecting rooms, so worked out much cheaper than the 2 bed family suite at the westin.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear kramerpuss,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your comments regarding our staff as such services truly can create very memorable Hotel experiences. I am delighted that our kids club associates still remember your children’s names as such simple gestures truly leave a lasting impression.

We are blessed with an amazing golf course which wins many international awards each and every year as the course is designed perfectly along the coastline of Bali. Aside from a few restaurants at Thana Lot there are no other restaurants within walking distance so we offer lunch and dinner at five separate locations on the resort and as additional variations we do create some mazing theme evenings throughout each week. While not quite the same you can enjoy a very serene walk amongst our 103 hectares of land and then join us at one of our outlets for a quality meal created by our Executive Chef.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and I hope to welcome you back to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali very soon.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Staying here has been wonderful. The setting is divine, the golf course is spectacular & challenging, the pools great design and integrates well with landscape, room ( golf view suite) delightful, the spa is very pleasant. The most outstanding element (from a long list of good things)has been the staff. Every single one has made us welcome and give us the impression that it is their interest and pleasure to help us have a wonderful time. All the staff are great - special mention though goes to Astika ... Who seemed to be working everywhere and greeted us with a beautiful smile and genuine interest in our holiday. She was delightful.
Thankyou ...we will be back!!

Room Tip: Level 4 is quieter and easy to get to. Golf view suites have view of ocean as well.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
thomas_mayrhofer, General Manager at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear BradnMarianne,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor detailing your recent stay at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort. Your comments regarding our associates are even more appreciated and I shall personally thank them on your behalf. Astika will receive special recognition and I really thank you for remembering her name. All of our associates truly provide service from the heart and try their very best to fill all guest needs.

Also thank you for appreciating our setting which is truly unique in Bali. Spread across 103 hectares is our Hotel, our Villas, some private Villas and our award winning Golf course which continues to receive world class awards each and every year. We are not far from the entertainment districts but for sure once you are back on our property you return to a very serene and natural paradise.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and I sincerely hope to personally welcome you back to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort.

Been to Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort? Share your experiences!