Just got back last nite after a 4 days stay with my wife.
Yes - the place is everything as described by all the reviewers.
The scenery is simply stunning.
The sun and the surf is an intoxicating mix.
We had some initial hiccup with our check-in (booked the ocean view) and we were given Room 222 (actual view of hole No. 6) and a small opening of the ocean. After a little knock-on-the-head, we were assigned Room 452. Direct pool and ocean view.
The only problem was walking up and down as there seems to be only 2 elevators in the whole complex
The hotel is "getting old" - bathroom is not cleaned properly. The pillows are lumpy...but overall they are doing everything they can ....It's amazing every single lightbulb works in this huge complex. Just observe this when you drive in/out of the complex.
Spa - if you want a couple's room - for a massage with your spouse .... scratch that idea !!
The aircon is weak ( even in the single's room and at 4 in the afternoon ). The couple's room opens into a sunken jacuzzi (but someone has forgotton to seal up the foot or so gap between the wall and roof) so it was a sauna in the massage room for both of us and the poor masseurs !! Our 2 hours massage was a washout.
Walk to Tahanlot - during low tide - worth your time and efforts.
Golf - if you are a golfer - you must try out the No 1 most beautiful golf in Asia ( the caddies say that ). Never seen so many golfers stop and whip out their cameras at holes 6/7.
Food - if you are a non-meat eater (like us) - tough luck - as choice is very limited. We ended up eating only vegetarian nasi goreng or mee goreng. The restaurant don't even offer pizzas.
Prices are expensive (just like any resorts) you just have to pay for the 5 stars services and views.
Go - if you want fantastic views, great golf and doing absolutely nothing - hanging out by the pool
Don't choose this hotel - if you want 24 hours bars, restaurants, shopping round the corner
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a flawless getaway in paradise against the dramatic backdrop of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot Temple and the Indian Ocean.Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort unveiled a brand new experience for guests with a US$10 million refurbishment of its 278 guest rooms including luxury suites and villas, restaurants, bars and event spaces completed in 2011. The renewed resort, complemented by the uncomplicated service and premium offerings synonymous with the Pan Pacific brand, will enable guests to enjoy enriching and unrivalled experiences.Experience the best location to enjoy a remarkable sunset in Bali with dramatic views of Bali’s iconic Tanah Lot temple, Indian Ocean, rice paddies, Greg Norman golf course and lush tropical gardens. In the resort, you can enjoy cycling around the resort grounds and the Bali countryside, a sunset walking experience with 103 hectares manicured gardens, spa indulgence at the Bale with endless view of the Indian Ocean, exquisite culinary offerings, relax by the three-tiered swimming pools with a 54-metre water slide, and many more activities awaits you. Complimentary shuttle service to Kuta and Seminyak is also provided.Children staying in the resort will be able to enjoy a wide-range of kid-friendly activities and experiences such as; painting, Balinese dancing, jungle gym, tennis, golf, Wii video games at Kids Club and Family Rooms or even join the fun environment activity of baby sea turtle release at the resort beach.Recently, Nirwana Bali Golf Club at Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort received prestigious recognition as Asia’s 10 Most Elite Golf Courses by FORBES Travel Guide, voted 100 Best Golf Course outside the US (no 66) and No 1 Golf Course in Indonesia by Golf Digest-US and Indonesia’s Leading Golf Resort (2010, 2011, and 2012) and Indonesia’s Leading Spa Resort (2012) by World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Hotel Tabanan
- Pan Pacific Nirwana Bali Resort Tabanan