It took me a while to decide where we'd stay in Bali. We decided on two places beginning with Soori. This was not a good call. As my friend said you don't start with excellent and go to good or even great. We initially booked a Mountain Villa, which was lovely, but once we saw the Ocean Villa we switched. What I loved about Soori Villas was that they're built so you get a view of the natural Balinese scenery and not just a backyard you can get anywhere. This comes with challenges, the beach villas are not private at all. The waves are lovely but may be too loud for some and because the beach is not private you can hear people sometimes in four wheelers driving up and down the beach. This is not a swimming beach, but the view is stunning. We looked at the Semaya resort in Ubud and it's beautiful but missing that unique view that Soori has. This is not the place for you if you want tone able to leave the resort and be somewhere immediately. It is very secluded, which to me was part of its charm. It's great for a last stop on a Bali vacation or a secluded honeymoon romantic or just peaceful getaway. Also, I love food and had just come from eating it up in Melbourne. The food at Soori is truly fantastic kudos to the Chef. The fanciest restaurants in Ubud didn't hold a candle. I can't rave enough about the breakfast in particular. The yoga was also the best I've had on vacation and probably one of the top classes I've had. I took a while to complete this review because I wanted to make sure I wasn't all superlatives but it was and is a truly fantastic place. I can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alila Villas Soori located along the southwest coast of Bali, near the island’s famous Tanah Lot Temple, Alila Villas Soori offers beachfront living at its most stylish and luxurious. Its contemporary Asian design is seamlessly crafted into the landscape, gently flowing from verdant rice terraces down to the beautiful black-sand beach, with panoramic views across the azure Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Low Cost Holidays, TripOnline SA, Splendia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Alila Villas Soori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Villas Soori Hotel Tabanan
- Alila Villas Soori Bali/Tabanan