My husband and I stayed at Alila Villas Soori for 4 nights, and it was a very much needed relaxed and very luxurious experience for both of us. The service was amazing - the best I've experienced especially in Asia. We were assigned a 'host' although because everyone was so helpful and in tune at what we required, we actually didn't need much help from our host! At breakfast, someone would ask when we would like our room tidied, or when we would like our airport pick to be. At times, there weren't enough staff in the restaurant to handle the customers, but they did their best and were extremely accommodating.
The hotel is beautifully and modernly designed - minimalist and very contemporary. They really try hard to create an 'ambience'. Although at times we thought areas in the hotels (eg the steps - be careful! - and the rooms were a bit too dark. It was mentioned they were at 90% capacity, but you really did not feel like there were any people around. We started off at the Beach Villa room, but then had an opportunity to upgrade to the Ocean Villa room for the rest of the stay. It was very much worth it for us as the Ocean Villa room was more light and airy, more private and had little extras like an outdoor shower, and a bigger pool. The rooms had AppleTV which I've never seen in a hotel before - and we loved it. Room service was very fast and efficient. We did a couple massage as part of our hotel package which was excellent - there was a flower bath available at the end which was a nice tough. The restaurants were great - the food so fresh. We really especially enjoyed the scallops and local fish served - truly amazing! The chef is great! Breakfast was great - you can order as much as you like from the menu that changed daily. The only thing you would need to ask for which was not on the menu was fresh fruit.
The location was so beautiful - it was in a secluded area of Bali - but just what we wanted! Out of the hustle and bustle. Set among beautiful rice paddy fields and also right on a 'black' beach (very unique 'black' sand which of course does not stain/dirty your feet!). The beach is too rough to swim in - but provides lovely relaxing sounds! We went on many lovely long walks along the endless stretch of beach. Most beautiful scenery with altars on the rocks, rice paddy fields on the coast, bat caves, temples, small villages etc. You can walk either way - the sand is talcum powder soft so is very nice to walk on.
The concierge was great at arranging our day trip. Note that the location is far away from the tourist areas eg 2 hours away from Nusa Dua, 1+ hour away from places like Ubud or Seminyak. The drive is scenic, and they charge a reasonable USD15 an hour for a driver/car - who actually acts like a bit of a tour guide too - with cold towels, water and snacks available. Tanah Lot is 20 mins away only - gorgeous temples made of the rocks by the sea. Best to go during sunset - although there are crowds. We did a day trip of Ubud and Seminyak. Ubud has fabulous art museums/galleries (must see Blanco museum!). Seminyak is quite touristy with streets full of great markets and boutique shops, and the occasional art gallery.
Overall we loved our experience at Alila Villa Soori - we thoroughly enjoyed it and were very much treated amazingly there. HIghly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alila Villas Soori located along the southwest coast of Bali, near the island’s famous Tanah Lot Temple, Alila Villas Soori offers beachfront living at its most stylish and luxurious. Its contemporary Asian design is seamlessly crafted into the landscape, gently flowing from verdant rice terraces down to the beautiful black-sand beach, with panoramic views across the azure Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, AsiaRooms, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Alila Villas Soori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Villas Soori Hotel Tabanan
- Alila Villas Soori Bali/Tabanan