“Bali Homestay program was the highlight of our time in Bali” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Homestay Programs / Bali Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tabanan
Bali Homestay Programs / Bali Homestay
You added Bali Homestay Programs / Bali Homestay to your Saves list
Br. Ngis Kelod - Desa Jegu | Kec. Penebel, Tabanan, Bali 82152, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Tabanan B&B and Inns
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Bali Homestay program was the highlight of our time in Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Mum and I had the best time with Wayna, Nyoman and famil. To stay in their village was just such a highlight, everyone was so welcoming, the attention to detail and thoughtfulness made it such a positive experience. Nyoman's food, Oh my goodness we dream about the meals she so beautiful prepared.

We will be back at the same time next year, and look forward to seeing you all then.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
balihomestay, Owner at Bali Homestay Programs / Bali Homestay, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guests,

It was so glad to have you at home when you are visiting Bali at this time. Hope with staying home in Balinese Village that you have great memories with us and also the culture.

Thank you very much also for your precious gifts of "Raro" which we always remind you at every moment.

Hope to meet you again in near future.

We wish you all best.

With best regards,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Germantown, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I had an amazing experience with Wayan & his family. From the airport pick-up, he & Nyoman were gracious & accommodating. The room & property are truly in the heart of a Balinese village with virtually no other tourists. You honestly live like a local. I was provided with a basic room, a western bathroom, non-stop delicious food, personally guided tours, cultural activities, & lots of great sharing. This is not a 'bed & breakfast' or formal hotel - this is an experience which is so much more valuable.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

• Stayed May 2012
balihomestay, Owner at Bali Homestay Programs / Bali Homestay, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind to review us on tripadvisor. We still remember well the time with you. Hope you have great memories while with us in the village and knowing more deeper of our local Balinese culture and way of life.

We will always improve our program time by time and hope to meet you again in near future. May come with your family and spend a happy time again in the village.

We wish you all the best and thank you for have been visiting us in the village.

Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Very special experience in my life.
Wayan and his wife Nyoman were full of passions.

They treated me like a family member and I was feeling like I am a member in the village.

This is a very special experience that you have to try during your life.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your review within our Bali Homestay Program. We are also happy to have you home although in such short time.
Hope next time we can spend more time in the village and may learn more of the Balinese Traditional culture and way of life.

Noosa North Shore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We chose the program with two nights at Tabanan in Bali and two nights at Glenmore, East Java. It was a brilliant experience. Everything the other reviews say about Wayan and his family are true and they made us feel as special as they are. At Glenmore, Amir's family were equally welcoming and eager to please. The cultural contrast of staying and eating with a Hindu family and then a Moslem family was fascinating. The highlight was the visit to the former Dutch plantation still fully operational but in a time warp from when the Indonesians reclaimed it in 1947.

Room Tip: A good tip is to stay at Pemuteran on north west Bali after returning from Glenmore late in the afte...
Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
balihomestay, Owner at Bali Homestay Programs / Bali Homestay, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your kind review with our combination Bali - Glenmore overland extended program. We are so happy to have you at home and show you the difference culture and life between Bali and Java. Hopely you get great memories with us while staying in Bali and also continue to exploring the Glenmore East Java Projects.

It's for kindness of the local people either in Bali and in Glenmore Java by you coming and staying with us. We will always try to improve our program time by time by some of your suggestion and idea while we are spend the time together last time.

Hope some time in the future we may met again in good occassion here in Bali and experiencing our combination overland program again either at same place or new hidden places when some improvement have been done of course.

Thank you very much for you coming and wish you all best.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I and my friend are the 1st Vietnamese in Wayna's family; we were there right Kuningan ceremony. And this makes our trip to be a so much wonderful and memorable experience. Wayna, Nyoman and their family have given us a very wonderful moments. They have taken us to temples to join the ceremony and explained a lot of things about the ceremony, the culture that help us to understand more about Bali.

Their neighbor are also very friendly, they seem surprise to meet us at the ceremony (maybe we are foreigner at their ceremony) but also show their warmly welcome when knowing that we are client of their village :).

Spending 3 days 2 nights in their family have helped us to have a lot of memorable experiences when seeing Nyoman's cooking, when Nyoman teaches us to do something from young coconut leaf, when playing card with Wayna, when coming to rice field with beautiful,

I will not forget dishes that Nyoman cooked for us - it is so so delicious.

Next time I will come to Bali again and I will have some days to stay with their family again :).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
balihomestay, Owner at Bali Homestay Programs / Bali Homestay, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us in the village. Hope that your stay with us bringing a good memories with you. We will always improve our homestay program time by time. The thing that we would like to show you is the real life of Balinese people in the rural village by staying in the family hosting attached in the family compound also the program to know more deeper of balinese culture and daily life.

We are sorry if there is any lack of service during your stay with us which we will always try to maintenance it time by time. Your idea and suggestion is highly appreciated for better of our program in the future.

Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed with Wayan and his family for the 3 night/4 day program and it was probably one of the most amazing and memorable experiences I've had so far. Wayan and his family are absolutely beautiful. I felt so welcome and I instantly became comfortable with them. Wayan stayed up late with me to teach me more about Balinese culture and life. The reviews of Nyoman's cooking are true- she is truly talented and an amazing woman. You really get a chance to feel like a local during the program. Some of my favourite parts were actually planting rice with Wayan's grandfather in their rice field and simply exploring their village and talking with the locals. I learned so much interesting things about Balinese culture thanks to Wayan. Because I still wanted to see some of the touristy spots on the island, this was not a problem as I was taken on a big day tour around the island. The touristy spots nowhere compare to the real, authentic experience you will have living with Wayan's family. Nothing is a problem for them. On my last day not only did Wayan drop me off at my next destination but he took me to some interesting and beautiful places that I wasn't planning on seeing! It is such a treat to be able to see Bali with a local family. There are 'homestays' available in Bali that are still touristy but this one is not- it's an authentic experience and the proceeds go to a good cause. Instead of staying at a hotel put your money to good use and do this program, you will not regret it. I only stayed with Wayan and the family for four days, however I couldn't help but cry when I said goodbye... this just shows the effect they have on people. Make an amazing choice and stay with these beautiful people.... this experience makes all of those touristy spots on the island totally overrated. Thank you Wayan and the family for giving me such wonderful memories and making me feel like I have known you my entire life... I love you all very much and you sure have a place in my heart!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
balihomestay, Owner at Bali Homestay Programs / Bali Homestay, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review of our homestay program. It's our happiness to share with you our culture, daily life and Balinese traditional cuisine. Sharing laugh and fun while stay with us in our humble house and village.

So glad to know that you are enjoy your stay with us in the village. We feel so close with you and you are already became apart in our family. Your review is useful for us to improve our homestay program in a limitation that we has.

Hope we may meet you again in near future when visiting Indonesia and Bali especially to share more of the culture and kindness of a life.

We are sorry if there is any lack of service and handling while staying with us.
Thank you very much for special gifts that you bring for family from CAD.

Wish you all best.

Warms regards,

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you idea of a holiday in Bali is waking up drinking Bintang for 16 hours a day then Wayan's homestay programme is not for you. If, on the Other hand, you want to experience a slice of real Bali then Tabanan homestay will be right up your street. My wife and I took the three day two night programme and thoroughly enjoyed staying with Wayan, Nyoman and their family. The homestay is in a traditional compound in a traditional village. The accommodation is in a fan room but there are Western toilet facilities. After many visits and much reading on the history and traditions of Bali I learned more in three days than in the past 20 years of visits. There are opportunities to visit (and sample the food) in a traditional market and to visit other interesting areas in and around Tabanan. Nyomam's food was out of the world and everything else I have eaten pales by comparison. I cannot hesitate to recommend this homestay programme - we will definitely stay with them again on our next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
balihomestay, Owner at Bali Homestay Programs / Bali Homestay, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for coming into our humble family and village with your participation with Bali Homestay Program. We are happy to have you in our home whether for a short time. Sharing the culture, laugh and fun. Your kind review is useful for us to always giving our best and show the original traditional balinese culture, foods and daily life to our guests who participate in our homestay program.

Your wife sharing for the Thai foods is giving a new colour to our cooking for fusion foods that we may offer to our guests some time later.

Wish your rest of holiday in Bali are enjoyable and hope that we may meet again in near future in the village and share laugh and fun with the family and neighbourhood.

With warms regards,

Bali Homestay Program

Been to Bali Homestay Programs / Bali Homestay? Share your experiences!