After some time in Kuta, Sanur and Ubud, we made the trek up to Mt Batakaru. Looking to find a different view of Bali - we were not disappointed by the Bali Mountain Retreat (literally and metaphorically). It took us about an hour and a half to get there from Sanur, but it was worth the trip. The retreat's driver came and picked us up, and happily chatted with us and played a selection of CDs on the way (Guns N Roses, anyone?)
When we got to the retreat, we were greeted by owners Richard and Rebecca, who were friendly, helpful and hospitable. They showed us to our room, which was clean and beautifully laid out. The bathroom had a small gap between the wall and the roof, which gave it a nice open air feeling.
We were also lucky enough to be at the retreat for one of their famed music nights, which happen once a month. There they put on a gorgeous buffet of traditional indonesian foods, and all the guests came together for a night of music under the stars. Perfect.
If you're looking for somewhere quiet, beautiful and where you're well cared for, then this is the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Mountain Retreat is nestled high on the eastern slopes of Mt Batukaru in traditional Bali. An amazing outlook to the coast, a natural setting amongst the food forest and drinking water direct from a spring on the mountain. In one direction you can trek in the last true national park in Bali and in the other stroll through the sculptured rice fields. With comfortable accommodation and delicious meals in a truly traditional setting, Bali Mountain retreat is a unique experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Bali Mountain Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Mountain Retreat Hotel Tabanan
- Bali Mountain Retreat Tabanan