“My little piece of Heaven.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Mountain Retreat

and 1 more site!
You added Bali Mountain Retreat to your Saves list
Bali Mountain Retreat
3.5 of 5 Lodge   |   Br Biyahan | Desa Wanagiri, Tabanan, Bali 82113, Indonesia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yeppoon, Australia
“My little piece of Heaven.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have been to the Bali Mountain Retreat twice in the last year,
The grounds are beautiful well kept and calming. The rooms clean and comfortable and daily room service. The food was very good the service delightful.I loved the guided walks they were very enjoyable, And the massages are heavenly ( especially the 2 hour hot rock massage !). I get a day tour from airport to retreat with a guide that speaks english and see some of the beautiful sights on the way up there. The staff make you feel very welcomed and cared for from the drivers, guides, kitchen staff and management. I am looking forward to my next visit already. ( my little piece of heaven )

Vicky Webb

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Known BMR for the last 3 years keep coming back for the beauty of nature.., friendly staff.owner always sit awhile or give attention to the guest, food is very good, each room different view .. Local also very nice. In rainy day use the spa for massage, dry day good for walking in the forest,healthy fresh air. Beautiful garden,, feel home

• Stayed March 2014
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

If you are looking to get away from the hustle of city life and want to see the natural Bali then this is the place to be. Nestled high in the mountains amongst dense forest it is a real heaven on earth.

You can book a driver for the day to go into ubud or Kuta if you you feel the need for retail therapy, but for us the only therapy we needed were the amazing massages offered in the traditional spa.

The food was great with some of the fruit,veg and spices coming direct from the garden, it doesn't get any fresher than that. The flavors and presentation of the food was of a quality restaurant with service to match.

The grounds of the retreat are beautifully kept and the people are so friendly and willing to help. It was all so good we are trying to fit in another visit later this year.

Room Tip: Sensible walking shoes, light weight loose clothing.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed a couple of nights here and enjoyed our stay. The garden is beautiful and tranquil, and being on a mountain area the weather is more comfortable than the bustling lowlands. The food here is affordable and excellent quality. The folks here are really friendly (the owner stays in the same property) and will try to help where they can.

Pity we came with 2 very young kids and after a while, we ran out of things to entertain them and so had to cut short our stay. But I could see myself here again in the future, this time just to hang out for a week or two just to read a book, do yoga and chill.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lotus House which is the nicest room in the compound ... you feel like you are stay...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We were only intending on spending three days here, but we ended up lengthening our visit each day by a day more. The atmosphere is great- the gardens are very well maintained, the rooms are comfy, and the staff is fanstastic. We also did two of the treks they offered- our favorite was the rice field trek. Make sure to do this! It was one of the highlights of our trips to Bali. Food was also excellent, and I appreciated the large breakfast portions (go for the pancakes!).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed AT BMR for 3 nights in February and it has been one of my best stays ever and most certainly my best stay in Bali. Everything just works together smoothly, from the friendly staff, well-kept premises and amazing views to the outstandingly great food that is freshly prepared when you order. What I really appreciated was that the prices for the food are really friendly so you don't get the feeling of being locked in because you're too far away from any other restaurants. The best thing were my conversations with the owner Richard who often came down to the restaurant for a good chat, giving me tips for where to go and what to do. He and his staff always took time to listen to my questions and the whole retreat is simply very well organised. This truly is paradise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

What a lovely gem in the middle of Bali!
Just what we needed, my partner and I were only here for a few days, wish we could've stayed longer. It was truly perfect. From the moment we arrived I was speechless, from the beautiful room, (my jaw hung open!) to the amazing service from staff. I can't call them staff, they were more like a family, and not service, but a home away from home. Such warm people. If you are looking for superb food (freshest and the best I had in bali), a really good nights sleep (such a comfy bed!!) friendly atmosphere/surroundings, fantastic massages, lush greenery, overlooking the rainforest and mount Agung in the background.... And lovely warm sunrises and sunsets.... This is the place to be!
We took part in cooking classes, we enjoyed them so much, we booked in for more... And recreated them on our return home! We tried the jungle walk, and the temple walk, both were very wholesome, and the guide was lovely, explaining things along the way. Yoga studio was a perfect place to stretch out after the walk! And the fresh coconuts after a morning walking, refreshing! Loved the chocolate and coconut milk shakes.... Loved the Gule Ayam and Nasi Campur!
It was spot on to what we were looking for. And Richard and Rani, what can I say.... It was so difficult to leave, you made our trip perfect, you have an amazing retreat. All the little things were thought of.
If I were to plan a trip to Bali, I would definitely stop here again... And for longer!
Thank you very much to the Bali Mountain Retreat family for looking after us and making our trip perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Bali Mountain Retreat? Share your experiences!